Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 10:51:44 PM EDT
This has always boggled my mind because i now how an m16 works(and think that its quite simple) but I don't know how an m14 works. so if someone could tell me or better yet show me that would be great, thanks.        

Oh and also does anyone know if it is illegal to show me the inner workings of an m14? because if so I didn't mean to cause trouble I was just curious.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It's perfectly legal for almost anyone to demonstrate how a M14 works.  I can't, I just know that freedom of speach hasn't been censored that far just yet.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
file the firing pin and that's it
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
file the firing pin and that's it

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:12:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's my NFA Registered Springfield Armory, Inc. M1A receiver.  Sorry, I don't have a photo of the trigger group with it.

With the selector switch in Automatic, the sear release keeps the sear from engaging the hammer after the bolt travels rearward.  So, as long as you pull the trigger the rifle continues to fire until you run out of cartridges.  The sear release is the part that is held on by the selector shaft.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:56:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here's my NFA Registered Springfield Armory, Inc. M1A receiver.  Sorry, I don't have a photo of the trigger group with it.

www.imageseek.com/m1a/gallery/albums/civilian/P1010018.sized.jpg

With the selector switch in Automatic, the sear release keeps the sear from engaging the hammer after the bolt travels rearward.  So, as long as you pull the trigger the rifle continues to fire until you run out of cartridges.  The sear release is the part that is held on by the selector shaft.

Thanks for posting the illegal photos ot the board. Were doomed
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:20:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.imageseek.com/m1a/gallery/albums/civilian/P1010018.sized.jpg

Thanks for posting the illegal photos ot the board. Were doomed

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:24:59 AM EDT
[#8]
cough cough shoestring cough cough.

Ugg, I need some dayquil.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#9]
DIFFERENT NEEDS TO PUT SOME WEAR ON THAT BOLT!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#10]
It is going to be hard as hell to get this type of legal, at least academically, information here.  I wanted to know something simple, like How Does a Belt Feed System Work?   I ended up having to reasearch it all myself.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Well thanks a lot guys, that seems a lot more simple than an m16 because on an m16 you have to have a whole new bolt carrier. Oh and btw MOS2111 I already knew about the shoestring... buy thanks anyway.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well thanks a lot guys, that seems a lot more simple than an m16 because on an m16 you have to have a whole new bolt carrier. Oh and btw MOS2111 I already knew about the shoestring... buy thanks anyway.

You need a bolt carrier, third pin hole, sear and pin, new hammer, new disconnector, new trigger, new safety selector; thats about it.  Pretty much you need a new gun.  Oh ya, if youre going for 3 round burst instead of FA, you need a new hammer spring too!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need a bolt carrier, third pin hole, sear and pin, new hammer, new disconnector, new trigger, new safety selector; thats about it.  Pretty much you need a new gun.  Oh ya, if youre going for 3 round burst instead of FA, you need a new hammer spring too!

Which one are you talking about? the m16 or the m14?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top