Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 5:48:08 PM EDT
It's the 29th and 30th of April. I sent in my $70 already. It's about a 2 hour drive or so, no biggie. Only thing that bums me out is that I called and found out that the range has the ability to shoot out to 500 yards. However, most if not all of the shooting will be at 25 METERS!!! I mean, c'mon! They said it depends how things go if we shoot past 25 meters.

I'd REALLY like to air it out a bit past 25 meters. Quite a bit actually.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I attended the event in Ramseur.  Most of the shooting was done at 25 meters.  However, at the end of the first day, we shot a good bit at 200 and 300.  The second day was much more at distance.  

Maybe you will do something similar and get to air it out.  The training at 25M is a great prep to longer range shooting.  

Do it by the numbers.  

Inches, Minutes, Clicks.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I attended the event in Ramseur.  Most of the shooting was done at 25 meters.  However, at the end of the first day, we shot a good bit at 200 and 300.  The second day was much more at distance.  

Maybe you will do something similar and get to air it out.  The training at 25M is a great prep to longer range shooting.  

Do it by the numbers.  

Inches, Minutes, Clicks.

Don't misunderstand me: I think the 25 meter AQT they do (right?) is an EXCELLENT way of creating or refreshing the basics. Once I've somewhat re-mastered that I'd like to get some actual distance shooting in. "Distance" in my case being >100 yards, which sadly seems to be the max around here publicly. Of course when I build my new house on 11 acres a couple years from now.....  

As an aside, my wife actually had the gall to say to me "I'm going to be the only woman with a house designed around a firing range". Now guys, she surely ain't the ONLY one, is she?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#3]
For people that have the fundamentals down, the Appleseed events are a chance to learn the techniques that will best help you train other Riflemen.  I am working with two guys now.  Fred's method of training is great.  

I hope you get to shoot at distance.  We did quite a bunch.  

The main thing is refreshing the basics.  Then, learning a great way of making more Riflemen.  

Start thinking of who you will teach.  Put yourself in their shoes about beginner questions and stuff.  

Congratulations on the place you are building.  It sounds great.  

You will have a blast at the Appleseed event.  

The main thing that I enjoyed aside from spending so much time with like-minded people was the chance to test gear.  Plus, you get to watch others testing their gear.  There were hardly any types of rifles that didn't have problems at some point.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:59:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got back from the 2 day course in Langhorne, PA, and it was a a lot of fun, and I learned a lot. I started with an M1A, and later the second day switched to my backup AR after having a little trouble with my M1A. Better to find out now, rather then finding out later at an inopertune (sp) time.

lumper.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#5]
ABNAK - I think there would be a lot of interest in that type event here in the mid-TN area if you could ask about that..................I would definitely participate if something happened locally. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ABNAK - I think there would be a lot of interest in that type event here in the mid-TN area if you could ask about that..................I would definitely participate if something happened locally. Thanks.

Peasant,
You and I don't live that far apart so the drive would be the same for you, @ 2 hours or thereabouts. I'm not sure where there is a range with the sufficient distances around here to hold that kind of a clinic at. Sounds as though they like to "air it out" after the 25 meter AQT. Around here 100 yards seems to be the max, unless it's on private property.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top