Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 8:12:52 AM EDT
Gentlemen,

This is a breakdown of a very early Garand Rifle. I am sorry again for the photo was again on old microfilm. Notice parts that might have come from the Model 1903 Rifles ?? This is not a quiz. I just hope you take a good look at it.

Have fun
Thanks again for taking the time and effort to look at this file.
Clancy
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#1]
From the late 30's I think?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Almost looks like a Pederson. the barrel bands and front sight are definitely 1903, maybe even the h.g.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#3]
whats with the two piece stock? is it just me or is the garand a one piece +handguard?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
whats with the two piece stock? is it just me or is the garand a one piece +handguard?

The picture is of one of the early prototype rifles.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Gentlemen,
The timeframe for this Garand is about 1925.
Thanks again
Clancy
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw one of the prototype rifles at the Louisville Gun Show about 5 or 6 years ago. The gentleman selling it had some connection with the Garand family, friend of son-in-law or something. Pricetag was $250K. The same guy was selling a super low Serial# gastrap, like 95, and the price on it was $35K IIRC. It was pictured in the GasTrap book whatever the number was.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top