Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:06:15 PM EDT
I am having a M14 clone built by a buddy of mine and I want to build up something special. I need to know what would be a better way to go to max out my future value of the gun. It will be all USGI parts S/N's will not match , Fulton receiver. Here are my options

1.  Normal  looking MATCH M14 with above mentioned items but with a birch blond stock to match my M1 Garand.
2. Socom Tricked out as much as possible.

I want some thing that will hold its value or go up over time. I am not sure if the Socom is a fad for now or not. The regular M14 will run me about $1000. Socom maybe up to $1400 depending on how trick we go. Note, I have been stocking up on some parts for a while now, so It will actually be more than this.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Option #3: MK 14 Mod O clone.
Something like THIS
More information on the MK 14 Mod O.

Option #4: 2nd ID CH M-14SE (SASS) clone.

HTH ~
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The M14 is a timeless classic. I have a strong hunch the SOCOM look is a passing fad.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am having a M14 clone built by a buddy of mine and I want to build up something special. I need to know what would be a better way to go to max out my future value of the gun. It will be all USGI parts S/N's will not match , Fulton receiver. Here are my options

1.  Normal  looking MATCH M14 with above mentioned items but with a birch blond stock to match my M1 Garand.2. Socom Tricked out as much as possible.

I want some thing that will hold its value or go up over time. I am not sure if the Socom is a fad for now or not. The regular M14 will run me about $1000. Socom maybe up to $1400 depending on how trick we go. Note, I have been stocking up on some parts for a while now, so It will actually be more than this.
Thanks

I'd say go with #1 and get a good fiberglass USGI stock for it. Keep the wood stock for looks etc, and use the FG stock for shooting and storage.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I would go with a standard M-14 with USGI parts - -w- birch stock to match Garand ---   IM SO DAMNED JEALOUS --- NEW M-14 --- AND U LIVE IN AZ   !!!!    ---- LOTTSA places to shoot there -   here in Chicago  --- NONE!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Or my personal fav and what I own- Springfield made with GI parts, synthetic GI stock, and OD web sling.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:35:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The M14 is a timeless classic. I have a strong hunch the SOCOM look is a passing fad.

+1 on what Snake said,especially the SOCOM part.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I Have leaned closer to the all original look. More  likely it will be a birch blond stock like my garand. I think the Socom is a fad. It is hard to go wrong with a classic original. It will be a match tack driving SOB when its done. To bad I am not a tack driving SOB. Thanks for the input
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I Have leaned closer to the all original look. More  likely it will be a birch blond stock like my garand.

Post some pictures and a range report when you are able.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Will post pictures when done. About 3-4 weeks, best guess.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Something like THIS

HTH ~

==

Have done both #3 & #4.  Love 'em.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Something like THIS

HTH ~

==

Have done both #3 & #4.  Love 'em.  

Sweet!
When do we get a range report with pictures?
I'll settle for just the pictures...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top