Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 1:31:47 PM EDT
Here's my Question,

Who is making the fake M1A\M14 mag's?

And where are they coming from?

Why am I asking,the last gunshow I went to and the last purchase I made at a local shop,M1A or M14 mags were marked BRW S-1 and W were advertised as U.S.G.I Mags.

Almost all were aftermarket mags,the gunshow had tables with 2 pack boxes that looked identical to the box type 2 mag deal that cole's is selling,authentic dates and codes on the box,same for mags in the original wrapper,you name it and they were pushing it.

All stamped with original type markings,None with the right weld pattern's.

Where are they made?

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
that 'W' mag was used in a USGI vs counterfeit mag test at another website. The world is a funny place... market is flooded with high-quality HK mags and garbage M-14 mags.

The mags you mentioned had shells that were sized and coated correctly but had a higher carbon content than USGI. I bought some gunshow mags that fit this bill - their weakest link (from my point of view) was crappy springs and sharp edges inside the tube. I polished the burrs off and replaced their springs with HK springs, which are now plentiful. The HK springs are high quality and very close to USGI specs. With proper tension, the mags work much better.

USGI for best dependability.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here's my Question,

Who is making the fake M1A\M14 mag's?

And where are they coming from?

Why am I asking,the last gunshow I went to and the last purchase I made at a local shop,M1A or M14 mags were marked BRW S-1 and W were advertised as U.S.G.I Mags.

Almost all were aftermarket mags,the gunshow had tables with 2 pack boxes that looked identical to the box type 2 mag deal that cole's is selling,authentic dates and codes on the box,same for mags in the original wrapper,you name it and they were pushing it.

All stamped with original type markings,None with the right weld pattern's.

Where are they made?

Probably China, they counterfeit everything else in the world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top