Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 7:37:49 PM EDT
I am a left handed shooter.  Am I going to get a face full of brass with a SOCOM 16 or Scout?  This is a big concern.  I can shoot right handed, but I loose some accuracy.

I have two options at the local gun shop, how do these prices sound for new rifles?
-SOCOM 16 $1599
-Scout in camo $1499

What kind of noise are these going to make?  Is the SOCOM a lot louder?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You shouldn't have a problem with brass. I'm a lefty as well and neither my Loaded Standard or Fulton Bush type put brass in my face. And, the M14 type is one of the more ambidextrous rifles out there so there's no lefty  issues with safety or mag catch location like many other military clone rifles.

I don't keep up much on prices anymore, the ones you give sound about average. Not great but not  getting raped either. But I'm sure someone will chime in with "You can get it cheaper online."

As for noise, SOCOMs are reputed to be loud bitches due to the muzzle break, and comparing my 22" and 18" they're about the same, but them I'm always using double hearing protection when I shoot them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
As for noise, SOCOMs are reputed to be loud bitches due to the muzzle break, and comparing my 22" and 18" they're about the same, but them I'm always using double hearing protection when I shoot them.

loud bitches , is right..   i was next to a guy with a Socom and didnt realize he pulled that out until he fired the first shot..  it hurt..   w my ear plugs
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:15:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I was concerned about the noise, being ex-military and already missing half my hearing.  

I had a Bushy M4 version with the mini-Y and I swear it was the loudest thing I ever shot and I have shot a lot of weapons.  From what I have read seems like I am best avoiding the SOCOM although I do like the size a lot.  

I like the prices online, but I hate dealing with the FFL transfer.  Not to mention not being able to get hands-on with a weapon I am about to spend over a grand on.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top