Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 9:17:19 AM EDT
field grades are now $395 up from $375 and rackers are now $350 up from $325. this is their 2nd price increase this year, jump on em while you can. this is either a good sign if you have them already or a bad sign if you plan to get them. prices will only go higher - definatly not lower.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Haivng spent over $700 for a nice garand, quit complaining, I wish I could buy from the CMP
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Haivng spent over $700 for a nice garand, quit complaining, I wish I could buy from the CMP

Yeah, but in US dollars thats only about $200 bucks!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
My DCM M1 (WRA ALL WRA) 20 years ago was only $125.00 SHIPPED. Price of the M1's has not gone up, just there gread.

They are true PIGS there, now that DCM has no controle of them M1's.

They are also getting to the bottom of the barrel. I ordered one just for shits and grins a year ago and got a REAL POS. It went back with a letter letting them know just how  Pissed I was at cmp.

I have gotten better buys at gun shows and from private sales then cmp.

I wonder if the SAVE THE M14 thing is going to go though were cmp is going to cut the selector lug off. ANd put the converted M14s up for sale. KNowing them they will want $5,000.00 + each.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
For christ sakes guys.  If you don't like CMP's prices, by all means shop somewhere else.  Oh I forgot, they are still priced lower then anywhere else.

They raised prices like 20-30 dollars per rifle.  If you can't afford the increase, how the hell will you afford ammo?

I personally think that the CMP should charge gun show prices for their rifles.  It would stop the people who buy 8 rifles a year and sell them for profit.  Also, I have always thought that the CMP was very gererous in their priceing.

Stop complaining.  Be thankful we HAVE a CMP.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Stop complaining.  Be thankful we HAVE a CMP.

+1 Sheesh
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I wonder if the SAVE THE M14 thing is going to go though were cmp is going to cut the selector lug off. ANd put the converted M14s up for sale. KNowing them they will want $5,000.00 + each.

You do know this will never ever happen right?   "Once a machinegun always a machine gun" obviously not having ever been mentioned to you
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#7]
People need to actually learn to follow th ewhole story.  They LOWERED the prices in April.  A rack grade in March 2005 was $400.  Today it is cheaper.  There were no field grades but those are nicer than Rack and still under $400.  And they are not bottom of the barrel.  I got a FG last week that is GREAT MW 1 TE 2.  So don't buy them.  More for me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#8]
It does bother me a bit that the CMP charges so much for rifles that have already been paid for by the American taxpayers. I understand that they have operating expenses. I'd just like to know what their budget is and how much they pay the Govt. for the rifles.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It does bother me a bit that the CMP charges so much for rifles that have already been paid for by the American taxpayers. I understand that they have operating expenses. I'd just like to know what their budget is and how much they pay the Govt. for the rifles.

Well, they have to have competent people, check them over, switch parts if needed, know how to use a gage, test fire, package it for shipping, and listen to all our whiny calls once we order one.  I don't think the price is outrageous.  It's far better than anywhere else in the market.  Maybe I'm just naive and giving them the benefit of the doubt though.  If you guys don't like it, buy somewhere else, there's no skin off of our or their back.  Like he said, more for us.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I would be surprised if the CMP pays anthing for the returned rifles, and I believe that their budget is available for viewing at the website.

However, rifles sale are not the primary function of the CMP. They exist soley to promote marksmanship training with an emphasis on youth shooting sports. The rifle sales are one of the ways they fund their programs. The director has stated in the past that when the rifles are gone they will continue to operate and try to find other avenues for raising revenue.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do know this will never ever happen right?   "Once a machinegun always a machine gun" obviously not having ever been mentioned to you

Not so true Mr Canada.
I have 2 Sime auto 1919A4's here, yes they were Fullauto at one time but now reboren Sime auto.
All they have to do is cut that selector lug off and then Sime auto rifle after that.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:53:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not so true Mr Canada.
I have 2 Sime auto 1919A4's here, yes they were Fullauto at one time but now reboren Sime auto.
All they have to do is cut that selector lug off and then Sime auto rifle after that.

The part the ATF considers the receiver on a 1919 is the side plate. Once removed all you have is a bunch of scrap metal as far as the ATF is concerned. Not so with the M14 receivers. We all know if you hack the lug off it is no longer capable of full auto fire but the atf doesn't see it that way. That is where their once a machinegun always a machine gun crapola comes from.
If you purchase a 100% 1919 side plate that is the registered part, not the rest of the kit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:54:24 AM EDT
[#13]
oops. itchy trigger finger.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Criminy!

The CMP is doing the best they can.  I have been 100% satisfied with all  of my dealings with CMP over the years.  You're not buying a new rifle.  You're buying a rifle that someone used before you, most likely in a war.  And $400 for an M1 is a great value.  The parts alone are worth that much.

If you get one that is unserviceable, rather than bitching out the CMP over it, it's a much better practice to call them and let them know the problem.  I've never heard of them not fixing the problem and even throwing something else nice in there for you.  By sending your rifle back with a nastygram, you screwed yourself, hoss.

Heck, I had an unservicable trigger group on a rifle.  It was a zero stage trigger and just unsafe.  I called them and got a whole new trigger group for my rifle.  A few minutes with some pin punches and it was all fixed right up and I even had spare parts left over.

CMP has some of the best customer service ever.  Period.

There aren't any M14s to convert.  We're out of M14s.  Anyone who believes there will ever be M14s needs to get off the crack pipe.  All of the M14s went to Lithuania, Latvia, Bosnia, surrendered to Captain Crunch under the Clinton administration, or are in current use by our military.  You'll never be able to buy one at any price from CMP.  You can occasionally find one that is a machinegun or a converted NM rifle that made it through to private ownership back in the day, but you can expect to pay a pretty penny for it.

Once the M1s are gone, they're gone forever.  

In the future, CMP may offer ARs.  They have in the past for club sales, but I don't expect Congress to let them sell ARs for private ownership...

ETA:  It doesn't matter the M14s are machineguns by BATF since they don't exist anymore, and darn it, that's post # 666.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Ditto, the OCMP is not a gun dealer, but a shooting program that was drop of government funding a while back, yet still lives on threw the sale of government available rifles, ammo and private funding (read items produced before rocket boy veto's the sales of new civilian surplus of military ammo and arms).

If you just looking at them as your special dealer for Garands, you have totally missed the point of the program, and you must have supported Clinton when he dropped the program of government support.  Hell, not too long ago when I was younger, the guys running the target/pits where all USGI personal since the government departments support the program in full force.  The different military departments still do support the program to some extent (read still have there own shooting teams), but is nothing like it was 20 years ago, or back even farther to the beginning of the program.

Trust me, in my youth, the military shooters would spent hours with the kids/shooters since there primary roles where to help recruiting into the different branches of the service, and not to be just the team/person to beat. Most of the guys still do this today, but it is more out of prided of the sport, then as primary directed order from their upper superiors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top