Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 4:58:15 AM EDT
I'm on the prowl to pick up my third M1 and figured that I'd p/u  Dane to modify and tweak and keep the HRA and SA as issued.

Just looking for some feedback from folks that bought one of these neglected souls.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:05:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I received one of the Danish M1's without wood from the CMP. The receiver was a 6 digit made in September 1941, barrel was a later replacement. Finish was worn so I had the rifle reparkerized and put it into a Boyds stock set. I am very happy with what I received.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:06:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I received one of the Danish M1's without wood from the CMP. The receiver was a 6 digit made in September 1941, barrel was a later replacement. Finish was worn so I had the rifle reparkerized and put it into a Boyds stock set. I am very happy with what I received.

Do those come with the metal for the wood or do you have to scrounge for the metal yourself?? I'm just going to rebarrel it to a 308 and replace the wood with a Boyds stock.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Does not come with the stock or any of the metal for the stock.  I have been tempted to get one as well, but will probably go for the field grade.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#4]
i was at perry in august and was able to hand pick one myself, like new op rod and gas cyl,
most were in decent shape, only a few looked like dogs,
but at $265 how can you go wrong?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:19:18 AM EDT
[#5]
That's for the feedback.

I've already bought the metal (like $40 for the lot) and have a real-tree stock to drop it into. The bore / muzzle wear will determine when I drop a .308 barrel on it.

I'd imagine they all have 'modern' sights and not the old style bar??
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I received one a couple of weeks ago. SA 1943 lead dipped receiver with original barrel that swallows a M2 round. Gas sytem parts right on the edge of spec. BMB trigger guard and hammer, the rest USGI and a couple of nice older parts that may be original. I am still waiting for some stocks to arrive from Armscorp.

The price for them went up in the last day or so to $295 from $265. Rack and Field grades went up as well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Okay I think CMP is great, but how do you raise the price on something that is 50+ years old? Shipping costs...alright but a woodless dane? This inflation is putting a cramp on my shooting dollars.

When you say swallowed a M2 round....what do you mean? TE of 25?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Supply and demand. The woodless Danes were selling for $300 back when the Greek RGs came to town. Demand went down because everyone was grabbing Greeks. Now that the grades have been realigned the RGs are not as popular and the Danes have been selling again, notice all the posts on the different Garand forums about them lately, including mine. I like them for WWII receivers and lower serials.

The muzzle on my woodless took the bullet down to within .5 of a miilimeter of the brass. I do not have guages yet so I do not know what that equates to in MW. When I get my stocks in early next week I can put it together enough to shoot it and see what I have. Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones and it will still print good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top