Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 7:03:59 PM EDT
I was at the gunshop today ONLY to get some Varget powder and do some quick window shopping.  Well, I had to take a look at the M1A SOCOM.  It was calling to me and asking for me to take it home, take it to the range.

Hope the wife does not find out.  This rifle looks like a lot of fun.  I'll make a trip to the range next week and try it out.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics man, pics.

Oh, and tell the wife
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
You hope she doesn't notice ~$1200 missing and a new boomstick in its place?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You hope she doesn't notice ~$1200 $1500 missing and a new boomstick in its place?

Fixed it for you.

I never did understand that. Less gun (less metal) but more money. Like the A2 versus the M4gery. Why does it cost more for less steel?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:45:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Dam near did the same thing,

Sportsman warehouse wouldn't price match ak-47man for a M1a's, so I have to wait until monday to final the order with Gina.

P.S. don't know how much you paid, but AKman has the best deals around on S/A for colorado.  When you check out their prices, pull off the shipping charge, and add $20 for the transfer when you pick the rifle up at their shop.

www.ak-47man.com

Added, just checked, Price from them would have been $1427.77 with tax and transfer fee for the socom out the door.  And yes, a little sooner with the info would have been real nice, but you didn't ask use first.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:15:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Pics man, pics.

Oh, and tell the wife

+1.

The first thing I do is show the wife any new toys I buy.  Makes married life a lot easier!

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I make my wife come with me when i know i might pick up a gun.  That way she won't argue with me in front of everyone when i decide to buy...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top