Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 7:02:11 PM EDT
Hi everyone.  I may be new to everyone over here.  I'm not usually in the Armory section as most of my time has been spent in the various sections dedicated to the AR15.  Well yesterday I decided to make a drastic move and I traded off my "post ban"  Bushmaster A2 and Browning Hi-Power practical for a new Springfield M1A National Match stainless.  I haven't had the opportunity to fire it yet but I am very excited to add it to my collection.  I have wanted one for a while and the dealer I traded to had several very tempting guns including a few HK 91's and 93's, M1A scout, and a few Berreta rifles which I am not too familar with along with many others.  It would have been a very hard choice if I didn't go in already eyeing the M1A.  

I am just wondering if you guys have any good sources for GI mags or good quality mags.  I am also considering replacing the flash hider so I can have the lug.  Who are the best dealers for M1A parts?  Any and all advice would be very much appreciated as this is the first M1 style rifle I have ever owned.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
you can get mags from ammoman.  and some good match or surplus ammo if you want for it I bought some of the m118lrpd from ammoman, and have been very pleased in my m1a
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Armalite is selling USGI mags for $25 plus shipping...hard to beat.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Armalite is selling USGI mags for $25 plus shipping...hard to beat.

Best deal right now on USGI mags.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]
midway's got some for cheaper but I think they're made by HK.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Sportsmans guide . com  has six for $80 type 57 m14 mags. They work like a dream, and at 15 bucks apiece you can dump them in the grass and rocks without cryin.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Are all type 57 mags good quality mags?  And do they hold 20 rds or are they the mags that only hold 19?  As I said I am new to the M1A so all advice is very much appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:54:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Are all type 57 mags good quality mags?  And do they hold 20 rds or are they the mags that only hold 19?

I'd like to know this too, I might buy some.

[Translation: Bump]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:40:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Taiwanese magazines are good though you may need to disassemble them once to clean and lube the innards.  I've read a few reports that some of the magazines from ammoman.com have small spots of surface rust from long years of storage.  IF you do disassemble to clean and lube be sure to correctly insert the spring.  If you don't, it will then hold nineteen rounds instead of twenty. Use a lube oil (CLP) on the spring.  HTH

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top