Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 10:39:27 PM EDT
I am contemplating rebarreling my Garand. If I do I want the best possible barrel that is still JCG match legal but not overly expensive and that wouldn't wear out quickly. I guess I am trying to find a barrel with good accuracy, low cost, and be mil-spec. So what are your guy's suggestions. I was checking out barrels sold by DGR Restorations and they offer barrels by Wilson Arms, Krieger, Criterion, and Citadel. All of those are available in 30-06 and have the military contour. The barrels range in prices from $149 to $525. So which would be the best for someone who want a good shooting barrel that would take the abuse of going out shooting alot? I don't know if I would want to take a rifle with a match grade barrel out shooting alot. I am totally open for suggestions. I just want to keep in the specs of being 30-06, military contoured, low cost, and still provide good accuracy. Thanks Arvin

Barrels at DGR Restorations
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:26:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You might also check out www.champchoice.com

If I were making the choice, that Criterion barrel would be hard to beat IMHO. From those I have heard that have gone that route, they have been more than satisifed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Received my Criterion barrel from CMP just this morning. $171.00 to my door. I know it's a little higher than other places, but I like supporting the CMP any way I can. Now to find someone to install and finish ream the chamber. Checking with Tim Strait in Houston now to get it scheduled in. He is 4 weeks behind and will soon be on vacation. OH well, gives me a chance to shoot up the rest of the KA ammo I have on hand. These are made by a subsidiary of Kreiger
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top