Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 6:04:02 PM EDT

I went to the range with an previously unfired BM62 today. I would fire a round and then the trigger would stay back because it was scrapping the trigger guard and getting stuck. So I would finger the trigger forward and it would reset.

When I got home I compared it with my Garand and the found the PB marked trigger was longer and the cause of the problem. It’s just too long. I guess I could cut it, but I think it would be easier to just buy a new one.

The funny thing is when I was dry firing I never had a problem. Now I notice that when I pull the charging handle back the trigger guard moves down. When I pull the trigger the force of the hammer hitting the bolt moves the trigger guard up. When firing it must not stay up so it gets the trigger stuck.

I swapped the trigger group out with my Garand (yes it fits) and there was no such problem.

Where do you all get your parts?

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking that made the rear slot for the trigger group could have been compressed so I broke out my M1 Garand....Man, what a mistake that was cause now I gotta fondle here for a while

Comparing my trigger to you photos mine diffenently appears shorter almost like it was bobbed. Honestly I think a Dremel Tool and a few light passes over the tail end to shorten it would and a little cold blue after. I have heard horror stories about putting a trigger group back together.

Good Luck

Karsten
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm wondering if they had a special larger trigger guard, perhaps for the mountain troops, and they mistakenly put the trigger for it in this one. I hate to mess with a piece of history, so I just ordered a new Garand trigger from Fulton. I also ordered a stamped trigger guard because the milled one does not seat tightly like the Garand Assembly book says it should.

This Beretta has an interesting mix of WWII Springfield Armory and Winchester parts.

Despite the problems I had with it today, including a loose rear sight, I managed to shoot a 3 ½” nine shot group at 100 yards, even though I can’t really see the target well at that range. When I was shooting at 25 and 50 yards there were several shots touching nicely. This sure beats AKs and ARs, even when I have scopes on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top