Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 6:34:48 PM EDT
Had a call from an older aquaintance tonight about M1A's. He knew I had been looking for one and wondered if I'd found one yet. Told him I'd found one on one of the auction sites and was waiting for it to get here. In the course of the conversation, he laughed and said he probably had a pretty fair one himself. He bought his back in, maybe the late 60's(?). Its a 4xx serial # NM configuration. He's only fired it a few times, and says its in excellent condition. So, what in the world do you think something like this would be worth? As soon as I get mine, we're going to get together to compare. I'm sure I'll be jealous!! Greg
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Had a call from an older aquaintance tonight about M1A's. He knew I had been looking for one and wondered if I'd found one yet. Told him I'd found one on one of the auction sites and was waiting for it to get here. In the course of the conversation, he laughed and said he probably had a pretty fair one himself. He bought his back in, maybe the late 60's(?). Its a 4xx serial # NM configuration. He's only fired it a few times, and says its in excellent condition. So, what in the world would something like this be worth? As soon as I get mine, we're going to get together to compare. I'm sure I'll be jealous!! Greg

Yes, you will be!  I have a 1983 vintage M1A and I would be as jealous as hell!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:16:29 AM EDT
[#2]
A M1A receiver with serial number 0004XX was made in 1972.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:08:33 AM EDT
[#3]
He couldn't remember when it was exactly he bought it. He saw the ad, he thinks maybe, in Guns and Ammo. They were offering a Standard model and a NM model. He opted for a NM. All for the princely sum of $260 delivered!! Not bad. Greg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top