Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 6:06:34 PM EDT
Here's a pic of the M1A Supermatch I just made a trade for, this is just how it came from the factory and has only been fired 25rnds, needless to say I can't wait to get it. I don't know much about the M1A's so what should I expect? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, John

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know too much about the M1A Super Matches, because I only have a NM.

From what I understand the Super Matches are double-lugged, they have 2 lugs holding the receiver on the stock, and the stock and the reciever is epoxy/fiberglass bedded(read, the receiver and stock are actually/literally glued together), because your rifle is 'glass bedded, you shouldn't seperate the reciever and stock to clean, 99.9% of the regular cleaning can be done without seperating the stock and receiver.

When was your gun made? You can find out by contacting the Springfield Armory factory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top