Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 2:14:41 PM EDT
i want to put a rail on my Scout's synthetic stock for VG and Harris bipod mount. any suggeestions would be helpful. something like this. http://globaltactical.com/axami/shop.php?grd=102&prd=104 would it work?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Drop me an email, I am currently working on a project to do this and am halfway there. Lets talk

Steve
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently put a couple of four inch sections on both sides of a fiberglass '14 stock. Got the rails from the ergo grip people, thirty bucks each (ouch). Saw them a bit cheaper elsewhere though. Pretty simple, just get it all laid out and mocked up for sure as far as location and alignment before you start drilling holes. To get the rails aligned with the line of sight and bore, had to shim the front of each out a bit or else they will taper along with the foreend of the stock. Just use some calipers til you have an equal or very close to equal width front and rear on the rails. I used a couple of washers under the front of each rail and just filed them thinner until the width was right.
Once I got everyting lined up as needed, I loctited the hardware in place then used some of those strips of  putty that are used to hang shit on walls and made a dam on three sides of the rail. Then used some five minute epoxy to fill in the gap that results from the rail not laying flat against the foreend. Took a couple extra applications of the epoxy to fill in every little void , then sanded the epoxy to give a molded look to the stock and rail.  Course, if you sand enough to give the best blend of rail and stock, you will sand into both the stock and rail enough you'll want to repaint them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top