Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2004 9:41:07 PM EDT
Bah ahahahahahah

The whole trip was over in under 24 hours.  Stayed one night and the next day ......BAM!!!  Got tired of waiting for a buck so I picked off a doe at 115 yards, one round, damn easy.

And some people thought the M1A is a crappy hunting rifle.  haha.  Fools

David
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:26:04 AM EDT
[#1]
good job!!!!!  who told you it was a crappy hunting rifle?  durable, powerful, reliable, quicker than a bolt gun, maybe a little heavy but that don't really matter unless you're doing a lot of walking, and even then I don't know, seems like a good choice to me!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Good job.  I think people say it is a "crappy hunting rifle" because of the weight, not necessarily the performance.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]
But only the four year old girls say it is heavy, and I ignore them cus they are pussy(s)
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#4]
the SHEEPLE say it is not a hunting rifle, for the sole reason it DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A HUNTING RIFLE.

At least that is what they have been spoon fed and brain washed with over the years...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#5]
The doe says going down, what was that I thought that hunter had a 30-30............
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#7]
raf: There are plenty of 5 & 10 round mags cut-down from USGI mags. I personally like the 10rd mags with a piece to wood to limit the mag capacity to 5. The true 5rd mag fits flush with the mag well and it could be a little tough to get out, but you just lock the bolt back and push it out from the top. Check with your local laws regarding magazine capacity.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Man.. I envy you. I wish we could use semi-autos here in Pennsylvania as hunting rifles. Congrats!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I have taken deer with my Garand ( fully loaded clip) and my F A Ls ( with a fully loaded 20 rd magazine). I always carry at least two more full clips for my Garand and at least one additional full 20 rd mag when I use my  F A L. Some of the folks at the camp asked me why I carry so much ammo with me to the stand. My reply was that you never know when a pack of fire breathing zombies will charge my stand.
I am the only one in my club that carries a semi auto deer hunting. I am also the only one that uses iron sights. I used to get a lot of "advice" about using optics on my hunting rifle. That was until I started draggin deer back to camp with head shots.
I have more empty cartridge cases fall out of my pick up when I open the door than these guys fire all year.  I never have to track a wounded deer. Some of the other those guys wear out 4 wheelers and flash lights trying to find their "kill."
Know your weapon, know your limits, and know a little about the game anatomy.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks boys,

I fully remeber hearing many shots that day, even hunters with the fancy high powered bolt action rifles were taking multipule shots.  HA!!

AS for the mag.  I had a 5 round mag that looks like a 20 round.  The follower has a metal plate that prevents it from getting more that 5.  But here in WY it doesn't matter, talked to a game and fish guy and I quote "You can have a 100 round drum mag in as long as its the right caliber."

DAMN I LOVE THIS STATE!!!!

David
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:12:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks boys,

I fully remeber hearing many shots that day, even hunters with the fancy high powered bolt action rifles were taking multipule shots.  HA!!

AS for the mag.  I had a 5 round mag that looks like a 20 round.  The follower has a metal plate that prevents it from getting more that 5.  But here in WY it doesn't matter, talked to a game and fish guy and I quote "You can have a 100 round drum mag in as long as its the right caliber."

DAMN I LOVE THIS STATE!!!!

David

What caliber minimum? That might be fun.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#13]
The mininum is some strange number like .24 cal.  All I remember from hunter ed was that there is no caliber made for the mininum.

Pretty much if your over a 30 cal.  your good.

David
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I took a nice Elk three years ago at 300+ yards my my Norinco M1A. One shot drop.
And another 4 years ago at 150 yards, that one ran for 50 yards and dropped.

Too bad I didn't draw a tag this year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top