Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 7:27:52 AM EDT
I have come across a Rock-Ola stamped 6 digit ser# carbine, but I have not been able to find out if the folding stock is original or not. It folds under the bottom of the rifle, all the pics i've looked at show a totally different paratrooper stock, and I think Rock-Ola didnt make the paratrooper carbine anyways, it has W/WA stamped on the trigger housing, SI stamped on the front sling swivel, Rock-Ola stamped on the rear, and of course U.S. Carbine, Cal. 30, M1 on the barrel. Any ideas as far as history or  what might have happened to this poor guy? it looks about 50 yrs old, but I know that does'nt mean squat.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#1]
The stock is a commercial add-on.  The USGI paratrooper stock folded to the side of the carbine.

Rock-Ola didn't make any paratrooper carbines, but many carbines had the folding stocks added over the many years of government service from WWII to Vietnam.

From the markings, this sounds like a typical carbine that's been through a rebuild, thus the "mis-matched" parts.

The last USGI M1 carbines were made in 1945, so your Rock-Ola is at least that old.

Rock-Ola carbines are more collectible due to the lower production numbers.

It could be restored by finding a "correct" wood stock.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Roger that.

Thanks a bunch!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:22:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top