Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2004 4:36:24 AM EDT
I wanted to send my trigger group into the Fulton to get their NM trigger job ($35.00). So I called Fulton to ask if there was any special arrangements that I needed to make with them ahead of time. They told me nothing had to be set up and all I had to do was send my trigger into them with a letter that has my payment instructions or contact number to be reached at for payment instructions. They also informed me that there is a one day turn around time for the trigger work and there is an $8.00 return shipping charge. It sounded great so I sent my trigger in.

I did not trust sending a letter with my credit card information so I sent my phone number instead with instructions to call me. I also paid for delivery confirmation on the package so I knew exactly when they received it. They received it on a Tuesday and by Thursday still no call. I decided to call them myself. I explained that I had sent my trigger in and I would like to give them my payment information. The person on the phone asked for my name and said that she had noticed a package came in the other day, she double checked and sure enough it was mine. I was a bit irritated but I joked about it, we laughed and I left it at that.

By the following Tuesday I called to check on it's status and they told me a it was sent out Monday UPS 2nd day air. +1 to Fulton for charging me only $8.00 for 2nd day to Hawaii! I was excited and received my package the next day (Wednesday). I guess you could say their turn around time was the one day I was told. This is assuming they worked on it Friday and normal UPS doesn't ship on Saturday. But not taking into account it sat on the floor somewhere in their office for two days :evil:. The trigger work felt great incase you're wondering.

Now here is the negative part and why I will never order anything from them again. I looked at the invoice and it said I was charged $68.00! They had charged me $25.00 for a USGI hammer! I guess because mine was SA commercial but no explanation was given. They did not attempt to notify me about this at all. If I had known I may have sent in a USGI hammer of my own or just told them not to do the trigger work. The feeling I got was that they decided to charge my card with the extra amount and if it went through then no problem. They had my phone number to reach me, but I guess it was more important that they had my credit card number.  :?
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Did they send the old hammer back?I would call them to see what the story is.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I would call them to see what's up
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes they sent me the old hammer back. I doubt a call would clear anything up, but I am thinking about it. They got my money and I'm not getting it back. Apparently Fulton has that kind of  "vibe" going. I should have checked more about it before I decided to try them.

I posted the same thing on the M14 Firing Line and I got this response.

Quoted:

Had the same experience about 10 years ago with an M1 Garand trigger unit. Fulton advertised in Shotgun News a trigger job for $29.95 and 4.95 shipping. When I got the unit back, the invoice said they had to replace my safety because it was not milspec. The total cost was $53.00 and they did not call and ask me either! One of my friends also complained about Fulton's running up the bill on him when he had his M1A tech inspected by them. Fulton has a nice little racket going on!

Link Posted: 8/3/2004 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
If some of your parts are no good they must replace them if they do a trigger job. Their price quote is fair and honest. It assumes that they can use all of your parts. Sometimes your trigger groups parts are either worn or are cast Springfield INC stuff that just will not work.

Would you rather they leave a worn or out of spec part in your trigger group that they KNOW will fail after a few rounds and cause a dangerous problem?  

If not are  they supposed to furnish expensive GI parts at no cost to you?

If they did so how would they make any money?

They may enjoy their work but it is their income and they must make a profit.

They have to eat and buy stuff for ther family just like you guys do.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I think he is upset at the fact that he was not notified before hand, not that they charged him for a part he received.

I would be upset also if I was not asked if I wanted the extra cost.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Fulton did the same to me a few years back.. that is why I'll never have them do any work for me.. I learned to do my own work..... Back in November of 2000 I sent off my CMP SG to Fulton to have them swap out the barrel for a new in wrap VAR barrel I sent along with the rifle. Never heard from them in 3 months... I called them around mid March and they said it would be about another month or so.... 1 week later my landlord wanted to sell the house we were living in and gave us a 60 day notice. I waited 1 month (April) and called Fulton, they said that they still haven't had a chance to get to do my swap.. I then informed them that I was moving and wanted my rifle and barrel back no matter what condition it was in since I was moving and didn't want to go through a FFL to have it sent back because of my change of address from where the rifle was shipped from.They said they would get back to me the next day... Next day.. low and behold.. they called and said my rifle was done and being shipped out.. the cost.......... over $350.. and I said WHAT????? $350 for a barrel swap??? they said the gas cylinder was out of spec and they replaced it. They did a tech inspection plus shipping and insurance to ship it back.... I told them I NEVER had asked to do a tech inspection or said anything about looking at the cylinder or asked them to replace it.. all I wanted was a simple barrel swap.....for their advertised $49 (at that time) but.. since I was moving and didn't want my rifle down for anymore time while they took the cylinder off or anything else they could come up with.. I just sucked it up and paid them over the phone with my CC and ate the costs.. but never again will I let Fulton touch my rifles.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmm...  I kind of agree with both camps on this one.  I undestand that FA (or any reputable gunsmith for that matter) should not let a sub-standard part leave their shop.  The liability is way too high and reputations can be harmed.  On the other hand, if there are going to be additional charges above and beyone what was initially quoted and requested, then FA should make an effort to contact the customer before doing any work.  That's just good customer service and business sense.

FWIW, I have had nothing but good luck with FA in the past and am seriously considering buying an M14 from them in the near future.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If some of your parts are no good they must replace them if they do a trigger job. Their price quote is fair and honest. It assumes that they can use all of your parts. Sometimes your trigger groups parts are either worn or are cast Springfield INC stuff that just will not work.

Would you rather they leave a worn or out of spec part in your trigger group that they KNOW will fail after a few rounds and cause a dangerous problem?  

If not are  they supposed to furnish expensive GI parts at no cost to you?

If they did so how would they make any money?

They may enjoy their work but it is their income and they must make a profit.

They have to eat and buy stuff for ther family just like you guys do.

I believe you should read my post again. Do you happen to have any idea how much a you can find a GI Hammer? Far less than $25. Do not forget that I could have just sent them one of my own GI hammers to use or told them forget it all together. D-duck hit it right on the head about what I am upset about. Never did I once say I did not want Fulton to make any money. BTW doing trigger work on the M1A is not rocket science and I could have done it on my own time. But $35 sounded like a great deal and I am a busy person. Just to clarify the trigger I sent them was brand new. Please excuse my course language but it sounds like you misunderstood my point.

HighPowerShooter - Wow... I would probably be screaming over the phone if it went that far.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#9]

I have had nothing but good luck with FA in the past and am seriously considering buying an M14 from them in the near future.    

Tagged

interesting
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#10]

I hate bait-n-switch scams.  Thanks - I'll never send them anything of mine.  Besides - as long as there's a Clayton Smith around, there's no need to deal with this kind of crap...

Link Posted: 8/3/2004 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 7:59:12 AM EDT
[#12]

HighPowerShooter - Wow... I would probably be screaming over the phone if it went that far.

I would have raised a BIG stink over it, but like I said I was in the process of moving, PLUS I was facing 2 more back surgeries at the time within the next 2 months.....and was stressingout real bad ( I already had 1 back surgery 6 months prior)
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Most of reports I hear on Fulton are positive. Im sure if you contact Walt he will try and make things satisfactory for you.

Link Posted: 8/4/2004 10:30:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I've never had a problem with FA. Walt Kuleck is a prince!!! He answered EVERY question inder the sun.

Link Posted: 8/4/2004 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I think it's pretty basic that if you're going to add substantial work to a work order that a call to the customer be made BEFORE the work is done. Everybody here knows Fulton = quality, nobody is questioning this. There was however a breakdown in communications here, and on Fulton's part IMHO. I would be pissed too.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I have the pleasure of shooting a few rifles that Fulton Armory has built and all I can say as an armorer is that the work is flawless and impeccable, without question they have the best civilian service of anyone around and I have a Peerless being ordered this winter and I could not match the quality that they provide.

If more people would type out a simple work order requesting the work needed and a contact number and email it would make things go much smoother, also if you would put in your request that you quoted the amount of xx amount, please do not go further until contacting me first.

To include that most so called Mil-Spec triggers on the civilian market are gritty castings from some Yak village in the middle of no where China and rather a real POS to even fit, let alone get to feel better than a stick being raked over a fence.

That would help a lot and most will be happy to do so, I think this is just a lack of communication and not worthy of much more than a call to Fulton before posting it here.

I have no relationship to Fulton Armory so this is just my own knowledge of their workmanship and quality of parts and service.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have the pleasure of shooting a few rifles that Fulton Armory has built and all I can say as an armorer is that the work is flawless and impeccable, without question they have the best civilian service of anyone around and I have a Peerless being ordered this winter and I could not match the quality that they provide.

If more people would type out a simple work order requesting the work needed and a contact number and email it would make things go much smoother, also if you would put in your request that you quoted the amount of xx amount, please do not go further until contacting me first.

To include that most so called Mil-Spec triggers on the civilian market are gritty castings from some Yak village in the middle of no where China and rather a real POS to even fit, let alone get to feel better than a stick being raked over a fence.

That would help a lot and most will be happy to do so, I think this is just a lack of communication and not worthy of much more than a call to Fulton before posting it here.

I have no relationship to Fulton Armory so this is just my own knowledge of their workmanship and quality of parts and service.

First of all let me clarify that this is not a Fulton bashing thread which is why I mentioned that the trigger is great. With their history in the business I am more than certain they have countless satisfied customers. This was me posting about my personal experience with them, wondering if this has happened to anyone before and apparently it has. I believe this alone has stirred up some interesting discussion.

They had my contact information and I should not have had to make a note saying I wanted to be called if there were any additional charges. The advertised price for the work was $35.00. Legally I am under no obligation to pay for any additional charges that had not previously been specified. This is not much different than when you go to get your alignment check and why they can't just put on new brakes and charge you for it.

Lumpy - I am glad that you understand what I am trying to say. I did happen to be on a budget, but I would feel the same about this situation even if I wasn't. You brought up the point that I was trying to hint at but didn't want to say for fear of being rude. But since everyone seems to think different I'll just say it...

We all know I'm upset they charge me and didn't call me right? Do you think perhaps they would have called if my payment didn't clear? I'll leave it at that. I am NOT saying that was their intention but in that logic is why I was so disappointed.

I did get intouch with a Fulton representative today and she informed me that I would be credited back the $25.00 I had been charged and I would be sent a receipt. I will post again when I can confirm that I have received the refund.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Damn!

How many of you would tolerate that from your auto mechanic?  Take the car in for a $99 brake job and then when you go to pick it up they tell you the bill is $325 dollars because they had to turn the rotors and replace some brake lines and such.  You may need it done but you can bet they would call you first before doing the work.

Russell at Cavarms called me about a tiny hole he had to drill on the inside of my receiver to make sure I was ok with it before he sent it to me.  Doing that insured no problem.  Now had I received the lower back with a hole drilled in it that nobody told me about I would have been pissed!

I'm sorry, but no matter how you spin it these examples of what Fulton has done to people are just wrong.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think it's pretty basic that if you're going to add substantial work to a work order that a call to the customer be made BEFORE the work is done. Everybody here knows Fulton = quality, nobody is questioning this. There was however a breakdown in communications here, and on Fulton's part IMHO. I would be pissed too.

No argument there.

Just be sure we have a way to contact you!!

You'd be surprised how often we have no e-mail address or phone number.

Regards,

Walt

PS Thanks for the kind words.

Well, I'm not in the gun business, but I worked as a automobile mechanic in my college days, but maybe your company can send a USPS post card saying this is the problem and call us or send a email address for further clearification etc. and the new charges are this much. But the problem the rifle is in pieces and taking up precesous room and slows the thru put down a whole bunch.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Ditto : hepcat85 , Ive had very prompt response from Walt with e-mails over orders that really shouldn't even crossed a VPs desk , Sounds like a couple of bad communications "somewhere" (a couple of times) RL
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Posting to confirm that I have received the refund from Fulton Armory for the amound of 24.95.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Posting to confirm that I have received the refund from Fulton Armory for the amound of 24.95.

Excellent. I am glad FA squared you away. Sorry that you had to go through that.  I also think they should have contacted you first and hopefully in the future FA will adopt a better contact policy.  They are a DAMN good company and even good firms do make mistakes.

I still want to cast my vote for Fulton Armory, as I've had great help and service from Clint McKee and the gang at FA.  They are wonderful and friendly people.  I, too, would have called them on this particular issue but due to the excellent service and quality of their work I would still continue to use them as long as we came to a mutual understanding and it appears you did.  My experiences with Accuracy Speaks in Arizona over an issue with their work resulted in NOTHING as positive as you have encountered with FA and that is one reason ( among many ) I would rather deal with Fulton Armory.  With Fulton you can get satisfaction with most other folks you get JACKED.

I have no doubt that FA will respond in a positive fashion to any constructive criticism that might come along...they've always been too good not to.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I won't EVER buy anything from FA.  I know, words like never and forever should not be used but I won't.  Why?  A little over a year ago I e-mailed them a simple little question about whether or not a rifle was built by them and I provided the necessary info and received some wierd ass poetry type response that was totally useless.

I wish I had the damn reply to post but I don't.  I assure you, I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM FA.  I will simply do without.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#27]
There's nothing wrong with the word "never". When I first got into competition service rifle shooting in 1973, I mail ordered a "Shooting Sweatshirt" from Freelands (now Champion Shooters) and sent a check for the advertised amount. I got the shirt and a bill for the Camp Perry logo and shipping. I notified them that their ad didn't show shipping and I didn't want the logo. After about four mail back-and-forths, I told the woman that any further correspondence would require a stamped self addressed envelope and $5 for my time. In that past 31 years, I have not bought from them and have steered other shoppers away. For about 20 years of that, I had charge of a military rifle/pistol team. Among the group of us, we spent thousands of dollars on non-supply system equipment; but, due to that one less than $10 ripoff, none went their way. That's pretty close to never.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#28]
But where is the apology?

You didn't contact them and said your money was gone.

Now you have the great work you wanted and a USGI trigger to boot.

You were wrong and stated you got a refund, so Hey, you jumped on Fulton, now it's time to take a hit yourself. Admit your mistake in thinking this wouldn't work out and APOLOGIZE for jumping to a conclusion.

Well
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

You were wrong and stated you got a refund, so Hey, you jumped on Fulton, now it's time to take a hit yourself. Admit your mistake in thinking this wouldn't work out and APOLOGIZE for jumping to a conclusion.

Well

I'm sorry, maybe I'm not reading this correctly.  A customer who was overcharged needs to apologize to a vendor?

Link Posted: 8/15/2004 6:16:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
There's nothing wrong with the word "never". When I first got into competition service rifle shooting in 1973, I mail ordered a "Shooting Sweatshirt" from Freelands (now Champion Shooters) and sent a check for the advertised amount. I got the shirt and a bill for the Camp Perry logo and shipping. I notified them that their ad didn't show shipping and I didn't want the logo. After about four mail back-and-forths, I told the woman that any further correspondence would require a stamped self addressed envelope and $5 for my time. In that past 31 years, I have not bought from them and have steered other shoppers away. For about 20 years of that, I had charge of a military rifle/pistol team. Among the group of us, we spent thousands of dollars on non-supply system equipment; but, due to that one less than $10 ripoff, none went their way. That's pretty close to never.

Note to self:  Don't cross ArmyOrdGuy.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well

I'm sorry, maybe I'm not reading this correctly.  A customer who was overcharged needs to apologize to a vendor?

He was not over charged, he was not informed of an additional charge.
The apology he owes is for not giving the proprietor of FA a chance to correct the problem before he came in here and blasted them.

Bottom line is that  he should not have even taken the refund. He should've returned the trigger group and had them take thier hammer off. Instead now he has a hammer that he did not pay for by pressuring them into a refund by posting on this board. Just because someone makes a mistake does not entitle you to a free product or service.
I would bet anything that you do not do your job perfectly and if you had to pay some extortionist  every time you made a mistake you would be homeless right now.

You never gave him a chance to correct it so at the end of everything you are the bad guy here.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well

The apology he owes is for  not giving the proprietor  of FA to correct the problem before he came in here and blasted them.

Bottom line is that  he should not have even taken the refund. He should've returned the trigger group and had them take thier hammer off. Instead now he has a hammer that he did not pay for by pressuring them into a refund by posting on this board. Just because someone makes a mistake does not entitle you to a free product or service.
I would bet anything that you do not do your job perfectly and if you had to pay some extortionist  every time you made a mistake you would be homeless right now.

You never gave him a chance to correct it so at the end of everything you are the bad guy here.

wrong.  If I do my job incorrectly penalties kick in for the customer at the rate of $1500/hour.  Pretty good incentive to do it right.  If FA didn't tell them they were jacking the price up by doing unauthorised repairs then YES I do think they should eat it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#33]
You know, I can totally see why you would be miffed at Fulton for not at least giving you a call and bringing you in the loop with your own rifle. That being said, I gotta be honest, I wouldn't be pissed at all. IMHO, Fulton has done for you what so, so many other companies fall short on these days. They did a thourough job and got you totally squared away. They obviously refuse to do anything but the highest level of work and I really think that is outstanding. I can absolutely see your point, but if it happened to me, I would have given them a big ole' atta boy instead
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#34]

The apology he owes is for  not giving the proprietor of FA to correct the problem before he came in here and blasted them.

Man, if that ain't a pile of happy horseshit...
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#35]
You know this may have done just the opposite for me, if I didn't really, really like the top flight service at Tank's Rifle Shop, I'd consider a Fulton Armory M14 after reading this thread. Thanks guys!! Fulton is my kind of company, leading from the front. I like that!
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Why is it horse shit....He never gave them a chance to correct the problem before he attacks them publicly. Maybe he was scared to say something and he feels better coming here to cry when he knows there are legions of whiney women like yourself to rub his back and console him.

One more time.

FA makes a mistake.
He doesn't mention it to them.
He comes here, posts and perhaps costs them business.

Link Posted: 8/15/2004 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Well

I recieved the receipt of my refund in the mail.

First of all I never attacked them. I basically gave a summary of my experience with them and I expressed my feelings about the situation. Second of all I did not get a USGI trigger out of it, they only replaced the hammer. People express their experiences with companies here all the time and I do not see why I am not entitled express mine. Afterall feedback on vendors/products is what 90% of the people first come to this board for. I personally have never had any problems with Botachtactical but many people on this board have. Does that mean people are "blasting" them and jumping to conclusions? I thanked Fulton for being understanding and giving me my refund. I did not feel any apology was necessary.

Did you read about all the other people who did not get that same understanding from Fulton? This topic was really to find out if anyone else has encountered similar incidents. I was not informed about extra work that they felt needed to be done and also charged for it again without notification. I never said they were a bad company which is why I mentioned the trigger work was great and that I am certain they have "countless satisfied customers". I never mentioned that I felt anyone should not do business with this company.

Your post disturbs me a little. They charged me for an unadvertised unauthorized repair, then they gave me back the money that they should not have charged me and I owe them an apology? If you feel your logic is correct then you better jump over to the Springfield Armory (SA) thread and tell everybody that has had a problem with a new SA rifle that has sent their rifles back in to be fixed that they owe SA an apology too. I feel you will not receive as kind a response as mine.

You say you wanted an oil change? Well we installed new brake rotors, brake lines and pads on your car and we charged you for it, and btw Bridgetap feels you should pay for it too because it's done already. You talk to your friend and he tells you that you should go ask them for a refund (and you find out it's happened to people before). You speak to your mechanic about it and he gives you a refund. You thank him but do you tell him sorry? If you answer yes then I will understand your viewpoint.

I am a very easy going person and if someone hadn't suggested to call to ask for a refund I probably would have just eaten the cost.

jtw2 - Thank you for your support. I am also glad to see that someone has an understanding of legal issues attached to these matters (ie. unauthorized charges).

patriot73 - I am glad you formed your own opinion about Fulton based on my experience. This is what I posted this for.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:19:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I have had very good service and results in my contact with FA. I will continue to do business with them and when I wear out my SA, I will have them rebuild it for me, regardless of cost. Thank you Clint.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

You say you wanted an oil change? Well we installed new brake rotors, brake lines and pads on your car and we charged you for it, and btw Bridgetap feels you should pay for it too because it's done already. You talk to your friend and he tells you that you should go ask them for a refund (and you find out it's happened to people before). You speak to your mechanic about it and he gives you a refund. You thank him but do you tell him sorry? If you answer yes then I will understand your viewpoint.

I am a very easy going person and if someone hadn't suggested to call to ask for a refund I probably would have just eaten the cost.

Your analogy is weak . My point was that you never gave them a chance to correct your problem.  There is a big difference between asking a friend about a mechanic and going to a topic specific message board with thousands of members and shooting from the hip.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your analogy is weak . My point was that you never gave them a chance to correct your problem.  There is a big difference between asking a friend about a mechanic and going to a topic specific message board with thousands of members and shooting from the hip.

Have too agree with some of  what BridgeTaps  said. Never should have posted first.Should have contacted FA in the first place.  Second you got a free Hammer  out of them. Your Hammer  was crap.  I believe you would have told them to put there hammer in if they would have called you. Or like you said you would have sent them one of yours. Which would have added another week to the turn around time and your cost for addtional shipping. Especially if you shipped it overnight. FA should have called you .No Dout. But ripped you off they didn't . Even by not calling you it wasn't a rip off. The work was done. A quality part was put in place of the piece of crap SA part that was in there.The only fault was they didn't call. You did get them for a FREE Hammer. You are now one up on them.  WD
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:12:15 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The analogy shouldn't have to be perfect for you to understand what I am trying to say.

WarDawg - I have already addressed much of what you have said in previous posts. But I'm a little puzzled as to why you assume my hammer is crap? Must be because of the rumor that all SA commercial parts explode after three uses. *rolls eyes* I have said before that I do not believe it was their intention to "rip me off" and never accused them of doing so.

Again I'll say like I have for the third time this is not a Fulton bashing thread.

Thank you very much Walt for following up on this. Please understand that it was not my intention to come on this board and belittle your company. You may accept this as an apology if anyones feelings were hurt.

I hope this puts this thread to rest so we may all go on with our lives.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#43]
I have plenty of SA Cast parts. Alot of folks in my  M14 group just gave them to me. Thats when they swaped out them for USGI. I do run the Cast parts in just one of my M14 's. Its my guinny pig rifle. Ive had the hammer fail at the where it  cathes.It just broke off. Wasn't no biggie , I have spares that Ive been given. It had about 1500 rounds on it. Maybe it was a fluke........But while SA can get by with cast parts. Casting in it's present form still hasn't caught up with  forged parts for strenght and duriablity.  Hopefully we can get a company to make real Forge parts again.Even if we have to pay $$$ for them. Expensive hobby it is..... Glad your up and running... WD
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Thats normal for Fulton.  When they do the NM trigger mod they swap out any out of spec parts, and of course charge you for them. I have had three NM trigge mods done by them.

#1 Sent in CMP USGI Trigger group. the replced hammer at no cost, did the work, and refinished trigger group. all for $35.00

#2 Sent in CMP trigger group. the replced hammer, charged me for it, but refinsihed trigger group at no upcharge.

#3 Sent in CMP trigger group. they did trigger mod but left engagement surfaces in the white. i emailed and asked about it. their reply was they always leave them in the white...except for my first two I guess?

That third trigger group is the reason after Two Complete M1 builds, 1 AR15 Upper, three trigger jobs, and several partts orders, I will NEVER by anything else from Fulton Armory. Orian 7 has better customer service and I found a local M1 smith that does work just as good at a fraction of the cost. (Complete tech inspection and repark of CMP rifles for $40.00).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top