Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2004 10:38:16 AM EDT
Anyone here received a M1 from CMP lately? I just sent in my order last week, and I'm curious to the condition of the rifles being sent out.

I still have 4 weeks to wait according to them. Grrr.
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 3:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]
The rifles at the CMP store all looked good to me, they were removing beater stocks and bad finishes from the pallets and putting them aside.  (Maybe for shipping to Texas?)

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Last thing I heard was it would be another 4 weeks until they send out my H&R service grade rifle.  Looks like the guys took a holiday and things have backed up a bit.

If it showes up soon, then it will have taken two months to receive from ordering.

What rifle/grade did you order?
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 6:32:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Danish Service grade, SA with VAR barrel. Depending on the quality of that rifle, there's alway room for more....
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Look at it this way... It you don't like it then just buy another. Keep the collection growing. Most people will tell you its a crap shoot.
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 1:36:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Back in Dec. I bought a cmp m1 all h&r from a fellow member on battlerifles.com for 550.00 it is a service grade he got last year from the cmp. It is a good shooter would buy another for the same price.
Link Posted: 4/6/2004 1:08:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Zhukov: Be thankful it wasn't 10 years ago. That is when I bought my Garand from DCM, it took them over one year to get it to me. It took so long that I couldn't figure, who would send me something registered mail, until I read the address of the sender, then ding ding, my Garand has finally arrived.
Link Posted: 4/6/2004 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Zhukov: Be thankful it wasn't 10 years ago. That is when I bought my Garand from DCM, it took them over one year to get it to me. It took so long that I couldn't figure, who would send me something registered mail, until I read the address of the sender, then ding ding, my Garand has finally arrived.

Yeah - but 10 years ago they were only $165, weren't they?
Link Posted: 4/6/2004 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Wooohooo!!! They cashed my check!!!

How long will it be now??????
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#9]
It may take a while... the CMP cashes check right away so they aren't sitting around just waiting to get lost..... cashing the check at means they have started the process...
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm glad I called - they're out of Danish rifles altogether, so I was able to change it to a SA service grade without them putzing around delaying me even longer. What's another $75.....
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Zhukov: All good things must come to an end, that is too bad, for how much the DCM/CMP was asking for one of those Danish guns, it was a good deal. Overall though, if you get one of their standard rifles, even though it costs you more, it is still a good deal.
Link Posted: 4/13/2004 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok, as a soon to be C&R'er, I will be ordering my Garand first thing.  Probably a couple.  Can someone help me to understand what is available, and what I should look for.  I always see Danish mentioned.  Why?  Are they in better shape? Were they all out of them? Or just none available right now?  I understand they go through them in batches, as they inspect and repair for sale.

I'd like an early 40's version for historical reasons, but I would assume those are all gone by now.  Are they?  What is the significance of the H&R and Springfields?  

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Got mine Friday! WOO HOO!

Ordered a SA Dane Rack Grade. Took about 4 weeks. Rifle in very good condition for it's age and history. Overall I would do it again. Nice big brother to my Saginaw carbine.

S/N show it was made around October 1944.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ok, as a soon to be C&R'er, I will be ordering my Garand first thing.  Probably a couple.  Can someone help me to understand what is available, and what I should look for.  I always see Danish mentioned.  Why?  Are they in better shape? Were they all out of them? Or just none available right now?  I understand they go through them in batches, as they inspect and repair for sale.

I'd like an early 40's version for historical reasons, but I would assume those are all gone by now.  Are they?  What is the significance of the H&R and Springfields?  

Thanks for any help.

Ok, If you are looking for a 1940 M1, your choice is Springfield Armory only. SA was the only one producing M1s in 1940, now Winchester started up (mainstream production) in 1941. SA and WRA are you only 2 WWII choices. HRA and IHC both were Korean War Era, along with SA of course. So all WRAs are going to be WWII guns. (recievers will be at least).

The Danes were lent M1s after WWII for thier Army and Navy forces. Some of these were returned through the Army and sent to CMP for sale. They are popular because they were a little cheaper and some had early parts on them.

Go to the CMP page and read about the M1s. That will give you an idea of what to expect. There are original M1s out there but they are expensive and you won't get one as a service grade from the CMP unless you are a lucky SOB.

The SA service grades are great guns and you shouldn't be dissapointed. The Danish as almost all gone anyways and all the WRAs have closed waiting lists I believe.

Some prefer HRA and IHC but I say just get one of each!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I was at the north store Friday. I bought a WRA Danish Racker'. Its got alot of old parts (slant cut unmodified op-rod! Whoo Hoo!) Its got a worn VAR barrel and I found a piece of paper with ER Hansen in the stock, and carved on the buttstock. I am happy with it. There was only 6 WRA's left there at 11:00a.m.

I barely had enough money, I got word that the Winchesters were almost gone and said screw it, I'm going. I broke my piggy bank full of quarters and took off to Ohio with less than a half a tank of gas. It was fun as heck. I even took deep breaths of fresh Nuclear air from Besse....umm.

I saw some beautiful rifles there, best deal going on a great rifle. Act fast, a few more years they will ALL be gone.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I just got an email saying my 3 ship today. I ordered two SA Service grade and 1 Danish rack grade.

I can't wait to see them.

I mailed the order the 3rd week of April.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Just got word from my wife that DCM sent me a box of grease (been told that somewhere inside the wad of the grease is a HRA service grade).

HRA TE3 barrel with all HRA parts but SA trigger group and SA opt rod.  Receiver is marked bebuilt in 64, so my guess is that's were the SA parts came from.  Also, stock is P marked from the rebuild. Would of liked all HRA parts, but will live with the almost new SA parts until I can find HRA replacements.

P.S. Anyone start a parts swap program yet, or it time to place the order with Coles to get the HRA parts needed?

Link Posted: 5/15/2004 1:01:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Just got word from my wife that DCM sent me a box of grease (been told that somewhere inside the wad of the grease is a HRA service grade).

HRA TE3 barrel with all HRA parts but SA trigger group and SA opt rod.  Receiver is marked bebuilt in 64, so my guess is that's were the SA parts came from.  Also, stock is P marked from the rebuild. Would of liked all HRA parts, but will live with the almost new SA parts until I can find HRA replacements.

P.S. Anyone start a parts swap program yet, or it time to place the order with Coles to get the HRA parts needed?

The late rebuilds are usualy great rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top