Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 7:24:49 PM EDT
I'm looking for a good M1 gunsmith. A local one here is southern California, or one on the web I can send it to. Any help would be great, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 12:47:20 AM EDT
[#1]
A few years ago I used a fellow named Guy Snellen, the owner of T.A.B. Inc. The street address was Sierra Bonita but I just can't remember the City. I know it was in the L.A. County/Orange County area. I know, big area but that's the best I can remember. The City was Santa something IIRC, not Santa Anna or one of the other well known Santa something cities. Regardless, he re-finished and built a Danish parts kit on a CMP receiver for me. He also  re-finished and re-barreled another for me. Thanks to a like new VAR barrel, it is a Sub 2 MOA shooter. I don't have his contact info any more. I would recommend him if you can locate him. In the mean time, I'll see if I can find his contact info. I found him in the Gun Smithing section of Shotgun News.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I had Clint McKee at the Fulton Armory rework an old Garand for me last year (including a new laminate stock).

The work he did was amazing--I almost could not believe it was the same gun.  Besides a cosmetic overhaul, he replaced all the out-of-spec parts.  People at the range stop to admire it all the time.

The only Cons I can think of are #1 he wasn't cheap (but you only pay for quality once) and #2 I had to wait probably 6 months before he could get to it (yep, his work is that good).

You can find out all you need (including shipping instructions, if you decide to pursue this option) at their Web site:  http://www.fulton-armory.com/
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:07:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I found the address for T.A.B. Inc. (The Ammo Bunker Inc.)
8241 Sierra Bonita Ave.
San Gabriel, Ca. 91770
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:58:49 AM EDT
[#4]
great, thanks for the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top