Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2003 2:04:43 PM EDT
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3624100055&category=36258

Do you think this would be better than my Smith mount?Sure would be easier taking it off.

This sure takes some nerve to blatantly try to sell people a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive yet to see an M1A or M14 variant whos handguard didnt move freely to some degree.  I cant even begin to imagine how bolting a rail to the fiberglass handguard could maintain a zero, even on a short range red dot.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone no doubt made the thing up.Never seen 1 like that before.It's very cheesy.Not accurate and won't last 5 minutes in the field.Bottom line-it's junk.

I for 1 would stay with the SMITH mount.The cost of a Smith mount is above me even if I could find 1.

I also sell alot of ARMS #18 mounts.They would be my second choice and I have 3 I use.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#3]
This was posted tongue in cheek.I've already got the best mount in the Smith.

Shephard---Are you saying the Smith is hard to find now?Just curious.
Also,in reality,I've never actually held a ARMS mount but it looks to be just as good as a Smith.I just wanted to rag on you ARMS guys.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#4]
the best mount is the newer version of the arms 18 mount. It has a full picatany rail and it mounts the scope closer to your receiver. I noticed this same type on the USMC DMR M1A rifles except G&G made the mount. Besides the Smith is bulky and kind of akward.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I went with the A.R.M.S. #18, #19A (not ACOG) & #21 STANAG Rings.

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Yah, so...which is the best mount?

And where can I find one? I have a Springfield GenIII...and it's shit. First round is dead-on POA, and the rest...well, at 200 yards, drifting right and down by half a foot after 5 rounds. This is NOT good.

Will said better mounts allow use of iron sights while it's mounted? Is the whole mount itself quick-attach and detach, instead of just the scope being quick detach?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#7]
The Smith and the ARMS are the 2 best mounts.Both are 1st class.I have the Smith and it is rock solid.You can use irons with the Smith.If I remember right you could not use irons with the original ARMS but with the newer version ARMS you can use irons.

It's probably a 60/40 split between ARMS and Smith.I think more people use ARMS because they have a higher profile name.That doesn't mean anything negative,just ARMS sells so many other products also that they have a higher profile.

I bought the Smith because it is a clone of the Brookfield which is the best mount.Brookfields are $350 or so "IF" you can find one.Either Smith or ARMS will serve you fine.

www.smithenterprise.com
www.armsmounts.com
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a Smith Enterprise mount on my M1A.

I'm pretty happy with it. Rock solid.

You can buy them direct from Smith Enterprise.

Link:
www.smithenterprise.com
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:13:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I got the Smith mount, and have NEVER looked back. Very happy with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top