Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2003 12:47:56 PM EDT
looking at an M21 springfield, usgi trw bolt, woodens stock, really thick, and has the adjustable cheek piece, and the rifling looks sharp, nice and crisp, the stock has some very minor dings, rubber buttpad, and the barrel according to springfield website is a heavy profile 1 in 10 twist, and the gun is supposed to have all of the features as a supermatch, and be the ultimate in autoloading precision, he wants 2100, is it worth it, and what kind of groups will it do, and should i cammo the stock?, i love cammo, and the wood stock is not perfect, and i am not buying it as an investment
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
For that kind of money, I would definitely confirm what you're getting--not what it is "supposed to have".  Also have a gunsmith check the throat erosion and muzzle wear.

Group size?  Who knows.  My standard, that I assembled myself at home (except for barrel installation), shoots 1" all day at 100 yds. and 2" at 200 yds. with Portuguese surplus ammunition.  My standard with a NM barrel does better if I can manage it.  I'm the weak link.  I only offer this as a point of reference for deciding what you really need.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up an M21 this month. I paid $2400 for it, tax included. This was from a local shop on Long Island. I've put about 40 rounds though it so far and I'm very happy. Mostly just breaking it in and getting the feel of the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
the m21 according to springfield is a sm with a different stock
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
bulllet, new or used
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Brand new..  :)
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#6]
where
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
where

As in where I got it? A local gunstore on Long Island...

Or do you mean who made it. Springfield Armory.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#8]
that is a really good price, i might be interested in getting a new instead of a used unit, does it have a usgi bolt, and are there more available at that price
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#9]
That was the only one he had. It had been on the shelf for nearly a year. He was making deals that day to move things. The bolt is SA, not GI.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:30:58 AM EDT
[#10]
AvengeUsa,

It sounds like a good deal.  Usually high dollar items don't fly off the shelf and for that price, I would buy it in a heartbeat.  Right now I have my buddies IDF M14 and it shoots nice and tight groups.  1/2 MOA at 100 yards with surplus ammo.  I have a rack grade M1A and it is by far my favorite rifle.

Buy it and enjoy.

Max

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#11]
you can call Springfield Armory with the serial Number and they will tell you in what configeration the rifle left the factory. I bought my m21 used and the factory was very quick with the serial number search. I paid $1700 for the rifle, came with sling, cleaning kit, 3 USGI mags, and I determined that it had yet to be fired. It shoots 0.75" groups with my handloads. I am also able to hit the 2m gong at a 1000 yards with excellent precison.

Karl
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#12]
yup, i am taking the plunge, i will replace the stock with a mcmillin at a later date, the bore really does look crisp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top