Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2003 2:26:54 PM EDT
I called &%#^%@ at CMP this morning.I had a long discussion about many things and asked about M14 bolts being out stock.

While I can't tell ya everything,I can say THEY ARE OUT OF M14 BOLTS.At least, untill they get more from the Army.

This may be about 6-12 months in my opinion.Since another 250,000 M14's are scheduled to be demilled.

It may be lomger than that.The petition to get M14's converted to semi auto for sale to the public will hinder the demill program in the short term.

Hell,I say just leave the rifle wrapped around the bolt and ship me the whole darn thing as I have room (just barely) for another rifle in the safe.

So as you might imagine,the price on M14 bolts will go up up up.I sold about 40 bolts in the last month alone.Untill this shortage is dealt with I'm not selling anymore untill I see where prices go.

It would help if anyone else could let everyone know what's going with prices from other parts sellers.As I find out more,I'll post it here.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

This may be about 6-12 months in my opinion.Since another 250,000 M14's are scheduled to be demilled.

It may be lomger than that.The petition to get M14's converted to semi auto for sale to the public will hinder the demill program in the short term.

The military is NOT demilling M14s!!  

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
N-O-O-O-O-O!!!

Damn, I was about to buy a couple to put back for future projects...
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:36:55 AM EDT
[#3]
UPDATE

I just did a show in Pasadena Texas.I was told by other vendors that wholesalers are starting to sell stripped bolts for $125.00 and up.

I'm going to be checking on this to try to find out what others are doing.I'll buy all the bolts I can get my hands on.I WILL say that I won't sell at their prices.

I always sell for less than the others.I don't think it's right that people should pay out their $&#$@% for bolts if there's a shortage in the short term.

Hopefully,I can find enough of them to keep selling till more bolts become available.This way,the others will be forced to keep their prices down to earth.

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Im not trying to sound like a know it all, but I don't believe the Military has 250,000 M14 left. I believe the number would be closer to 50,000 .Over at CSP on the m14 forum there was an inventory list posted from the gov on the weapons in inventory. The M14 showed not many at all.There  was barely over a Million ever made.1,376,031 to be more exact. That was all the services add up. We gave alot away to many countries. We also crunched them too. They will never be sold to cilvilians.Not the recievers anyhow.I would hold onto your USGI parts also. I have my stash.Not to sell but to pass on to my son with the rifles. WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#5]
WARDAWG
       The exact number of M14'S made is 1380346 not 1376031.1,380,346 is also given in Duffs book.As for only 50,000 rifles left!!! I know for a fact there's more than that.I know where there's at least 62,000 of them.

GO TO SPRINGFIELD ARMORY HISTORIC SITE.THIS SITE GIVES EXACT NUMBERS,DATES,WHO MADE HOW MANY,ETC.

This is the only source for production info of ALL US military Arms from the time Springfield Armory opened till the day they closed the gates.

I will never say I know everything but,some do.I don't imply this is what you're saying.I'm just saying it's good to have the info I mentioned above to verify my statement.

This site gives all info on 1911's,Krags,1903's,Garands,M14's as well as foreign shipments.This site is also excellent for anyone who wants to check serial number ranges,foreign arms,etc.

Go to google (search) and click on 2nd web site that comes up (Springfield Armory Historic Site).

I do agree that if you have an M1A or clone that now would be a very good time to have plenty of spares (USGI parts).I personally have enough spares for 15 such rifles.

The Springfield Armory Historic Site also gives numbers for Spare parts that were made (for replacemant) after M14's were no longer produced.Spare parts numbers are about 350,000 of each part to repair these rifles just like they did with the M1 Garand.

I can only say that everyone should buy spares while they're cheap as prices will only go up as time goes by.Some call this insurance.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Shephard,

Do you have a GI barrel to sell?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#7]
wjshark

I had quite a few USGI chrome lined barrels.I just sold a H&R barrel to a marine in Qatar in the middle east.

I'm waiting for his personal check (coming from Qatar) to get here.It should arrive this week I think.

I only have 3 or 4 left.But I'm not selling those yet.I'm trying like hell to get more.Barrels and gas cylinders are so freakin hard to get before they're demilled.

If for some reason this deal doesn't go thru you have next chance.I will say that the barrel gauged 0 + 3/4 on T&E gauge and I sold it to him for $200.00 Lets see what happens in the next few days.

I have these barrels and again they're not for sale yet.
1 TRW new T&E 0 + 1/2
1 SAK as new T&E 0 + 3/4
1 SA as new T&E 0 + 3/4

I think I'll keep the TRW and SAK.I heard that Armcorp was selling USGI barrels at $250.00  I can't see that yet unless there's no more period.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:25:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Im not posting this as a flame , just shareing info. Here's the number from Scott Duff's M14 Owners Guide.

Grand total Ordered: 1,380,358

Grand Total Delivered : 1,376,031

All the 1,380,358 ordered  was never built.

This is aslo a direct quote from Scott Duffs book.

Approximate quantity delivered to foreign countries under Military Assistance Programs (MAP) or Foreign Military Sales(FMS):450,000

Approximate Quantity DESTROYED: 750,000

Approximate quantity remaining:170,000
From that alone I guess we are both off in  numbers left. My Duff book has the Copyright of 1996.If it hasn't been updated I would realistically say there alot less than the 170,000 stated from at the time of publication.I figure Clinton crunched so many and sure we gave more away to other countries and USA police deptments get afew if they want them.
Hey Im with you not against you.Im a big M14 Fan, Got 3ea( SA,Armscorp,Norinco/usgi rifle) and have 4ea complete parts sets less recievers. My intention to the post was to say "hey theres not as many as we all think there is." There was a post over at CSP that I will try to find about the most current M14 inventory.My blurry memory thought it was way under 100,000 . I hope Im wrong.Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#9]
WarDawg-I wasn't trying to walk on ya.Just giving everyone another source for info.

A friend gave me the same numbers from his copy of Duffs book (so he says).I do agree that inventory is well below 170,000

I'm told by a reliable source (procurement)there's about 22,000 at Fort Benning and 40,000 in Anniston.Also a few thousand in overseas storage.About 5,000-7,000 in the middle east.

I'll be more carefull with my words from here on out.So we can keep playing on the same team.

I am trying to get all the M14 parts I can before some of the others do.With current inventory where it's at, parts will run out in about 5 years at the pace of current demilling.

If I can get another huge lot of parts from the Army I may be able to force other companies to keep their prices down.

Companies like Fulton Armory,Armscorp and Spfld Inc. think people are made of money. I've been telling people for the last year to get them while they still can.More so now than before.

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 5:29:05 AM EDT
[#10]
You Sir are a good man. I will keep your Email incase I need that part I can't find.WarDawg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top