Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 5:54:45 PM EDT
Anyone know where I can find info on the net for doing a trigger job on an M1A/M14?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Fulton Armory.

www.fultonarmory.com

Look under M14/M1A Shop Services.

I recently had them do a trigger job for me. Yoou just send in your trigger group. I got mine back about 10 days after I sent it to them. Price is $35 + return shipping. IMHO, it's $35 well spent. My trigger pull is now about 3.5 - 4 lbs. Much better than it originally was.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#2]
if Fulton set that trigger at 3.5 to 4lbs they are outof their minds... I seriously doubt that anyone in the business would set a semi-auto trigger that low... so easy to get doubles.........
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm an ex-military armorer and,I can tell you

that it is possible if the trigger and sear

engagement is not set back to far.Mine is set

at 3.75 lbs and works great (I did the work

myself).Never had a doubler in 18,650 rds.Just

because match specs call for 4.5lbs doesn't  

mean it can't be done.Just don't go below

3.5lbs (if done right) and you won't have

problems.But, if you go to shoot a match where

they check the trigger,you'll be

rejected.DON"T USE GREASE ON THE TRIGGER

GROUP!!!!!!!! Doublers are caused from more

people usung grease in their trigger groups

than anything else.

Almost forgot.I shoot high master class in 4

position and 600 prone matches.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I had more of do it yourself in mind. I just want to take some of the creep out of it. I feel I'm capable of doing this myself.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Some good info at this site. www.battlerifles.com/
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#6]
AMMO,
    The only way to eliminate any amount of creap is to make the trigger adjustable.This should be done by someone who knows how.
If you do it wrong you'll buy another trigger or worse.Keep 1 thing in mind.Most,if not all military rifles are (and will always be)a 2 stage trigger.
The only way to get away from a 2 stage is to buy an aftermarket such as Timney,Shilen,etc.

Yes,I know they're not available for the M14-M1A unless of course you want to pay $200.00 for a Radar (not worth it).
There is a better solution to the radar and much less expensive (about $5.00 for parts).This is a secret kept amoung armorers though.
If you want to know about it I can send a private email.Keep this in mind also.A 2 stage trigger has it's benefits because you always know where the let-off is (also a built in safety).
So bottom line is,you can have less creap and a much better trigger pull.I charge $55.00 to smooth trigger and make it adjustable as well.

Some guys have 2 trigger groups.1 for match shooting and 1 for the range (just a suggestion).Not all good things are expensive.Let me know what you decide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top