Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 2:16:50 PM EDT
Ok I have a Polytech M14s with a post ban fake flash hider and bayonet lug milled off.  What I would like to do is remove it and add a pre ban flash hider with the bayonet lug.

Has anyone done this?  What steps do I need to take to remove it?  Is there a tutorial anywhere that I missed?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
On The USA imported models, the FS screw is welded on.  You will need to cut the welds to allow the nut/FS to be spun off.  

Before installing the New USGI FS nut, lube the treads and spin it on/off the threads to mate the metric to inch threads a few times.

P.S. Don' forget to remove the front allen retainer set screw before trying to spin the FS Nut.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]

...and don't forget to install enough compliance parts to make this a legal conversion...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Never mind.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...and don't forget to install enough compliance parts to make this a legal conversion...

You know what I didn't even think about that.....

If I simply replace the fake flash hider with a real one and a bayo lug, then will it become illegal?  Will I need to replace other parts to make it legal?

This could be more trouble than I thought....
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know what I didn't even think about that.....

If I simply replace the fake flash hider with a real one and a bayo lug, then will it become illegal?  Will I need to replace other parts to make it legal?

This could be more trouble than I thought....

I responded to your PM.  For everyone else, look here for further information:

www.ambackforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21217
Top Top