Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2020 8:56:06 PM EDT
Would you trade an ACR for a Bren 2
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, if you are getting the CZ Bren 2. Easy trade.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:34:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends which one based on caliber but yeah
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd have to shoot it first - shooting the Bren 805 didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. As a pretty shameless knockoff of the ACR, the Bren 2 probably won't leave you missing anything but the Tapco junk looks are enough to make me wait to shoot someone else's before giving up an ACR.

I suspect the ACR is going to go the way of the FS2000... A fine rifle that was just too expensive for its time but otherwise unmatched in function and form. The better samples will probably be collectible soon enough.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes.

Absolutely.

The Bren 2 is just a better rifle.  The only thing lacking are 922r parts and a suppressor setting on the gas block.

I believe that all of this will be addressed as CZ is releasing 922r parts some time in Q2 of this year (supposedly) and im sure the aftermarket will come out with suppressor ready gas plugs.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Reiko:
I suspect the ACR is going to go the way of the FS2000.
View Quote
If I'm reading you right - I think some people would pay quite a bit to get an FS2000 today. I know I would.

Despite the fears in the General subforum, you'll be able to buy a Bren 2 Ms for the near foreseeable future. An ACR, well that's the point of this thread I imagine.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Noctis:
If I'm reading you right - I think some people would pay quite a bit to get an FS2000 today. I know I would.
View Quote
It won't appreciate as much. It's a domestic model, there are way more ACR than FS2000 in the US, and it wasn't adopted by anyone noteworthy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:

It won't appreciate as much. It's a domestic model, there are way more ACR than FS2000 in the US, and it wasn't adopted by anyone noteworthy.
View Quote
I pretty much agree with your sentiment here.  But I would say that few people see the FS2000 as more valuable because of its use by Slovenia or the Saudi Arabian national guard.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NoDakWolfPack:
But I would say that few people see the FS2000 as more valuable because of its use by Slovenia or the Saudi Arabian national guard.
View Quote
I was thinking more of Belgium's armed forces, and Poland's GROM for their use of the F2000 (as opposed to just Poland's SWW for the ACR).

Having tried both rifles, I prefer the F2000 personally.
(I didn't get to try a Remington Defense ACR with the lighter non-QC barrel; it was a BACR converted to select-fire). The civilian Bushmaster ACR is too heavy for what it is.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:58:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#9]
Absolutely!!!! Doesn't matter the caliber to me and I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
I was thinking more of Belgium's armed forces, and Poland's GROM for their use of the F2000 (as opposed to just Poland's SWW for the ACR).
View Quote
As a lover of polish firearms, I absolutely want an FS2000 more now knowing about the GROM.  Your point is well taken.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd have to shoot it first - shooting the Bren 805 didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. As a pretty shameless knockoff of the ACR, the Bren 2 probably won't leave you missing anything but the Tapco junk looks are enough to make me wait to shoot someone else's before giving up an ACR.

I suspect the ACR is going to go the way of the FS2000... A fine rifle that was just too expensive for its time but otherwise unmatched in function and form. The better samples will probably be collectible soon enough.
View Quote
I don’t think the price was out of the range, I think a few factors that can best be described as normal Remington/ Freedom group BS killed it
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Kwisak:
I don’t think the price was out of the range, I think a few factors that can best be described as normal Remington/ Freedom group BS killed it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kwisak:

That's fair especially over time and as a reflection of today! I believe that goes hand-in-hand with the price though. It was still too expensive for a modular rifle that was lacking in modularity. Remember: when the ACR launched in 2007, it was still prime time for Remington/Bushmaster and pre Cerberus vertical integration and consolidation. But it was also a $2,000 rifle whether it fulfilled its purpose or not.

IMO popularity/desirability of the FS2000 has nothing to do with what few small country militaries adopted it for a year or two. The owners I know bought it because it was unique/iconic  and well regarded despite it's handful of weaknesses and lack of aftermarket/spares. Considering how lame the SCAR is on paper and how cheap it is to make/feels, I suspect the premium look/feel of the ACR, especially the Windham ones, will lead to it being similarly desirable when it's no longer available. Only time will tell, though!
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#13]

That's fair especially over time and as a reflection of today! I believe that goes hand-in-hand with the price though. It was still too expensive for a modular rifle that was lacking in modularity. Remember: when the ACR launched in 2007, it was still prime time for Remington/Bushmaster and pre Cerberus vertical integration and consolidation. But it was also a $2,000 rifle whether it fulfilled its purpose or not.

IMO popularity/desirability of the FS2000 has nothing to do with what few small country militaries adopted it for a year or two. The owners I know bought it because it was unique/iconic  and well regarded despite it's handful of weaknesses and lack of aftermarket/spares. Considering how lame the SCAR is on paper and how cheap it is to make/feels, I suspect the premium look/feel of the ACR, especially the Windham ones, will lead to it being similarly desirable when it's no longer available. Only time will tell, though!
View Quote
I actually haven’t seen any source claim the ACR is kaput.  Just that bushmaster itself is facing major restructuring and possible closure.  Magpul still owns the rights and can license / build how they want for civilians (in the event of bushmaster demise).
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By NoDakWolfPack:

I actually haven’t seen any source claim the ACR is kaput.  Just that bushmaster itself is facing major restructuring and possible closure.  Magpul still owns the rights and can license / build how they want for civilians (in the event of bushmaster demise).
View Quote
Very true! I'm hopeful as well - I'd rather see it get fleshed out more rather than (hopefully at least) become a collectible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top