Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2017 4:30:22 PM EDT
Wanting to buy a fde acr stripped lower since I cerakoted my acr from black to Remington fde.I called bushmaster and told me they don't offer anything like that! Lol fuckin kidding me? They sell the rifle, but not the part? They told me to call brownells, i told them I've been on brownells website and they don't sell that part only barrels. I think it's kinda bad if a company has a customer problem and then they pass that problem on to another company. I'm starting to think about selling my acr if there is no customer support. 10 years this rifle has been out, how pathetic!

UPDATE: I called brownells and they don't stock that part. I then called bushmaster and told them brownells don't stock that part, they told they wouldn't! Lol. They said they would need to have someone buy 200 of them before even considering selling lower receiver.

Update 3/1/18 Bushmaster is now selling stripped lowers now. It seems to me they broke away from Remington on the policy on certain spare parts.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Thas' why I don't buy oddball guns with no aftermarket support and shitty customer service from the manufacturer
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe you should have checked before cerakoting?

Anyone on here could have told you that BM didn't sell lowers separately. Even a search of BM's site would've shown that.

Magpul produces the lowers for BM to use in their rifle assembly, so it's not like BM has spares laying around.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 11:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
OEM comes through despite the OPs lack of foresight.  +1 for BM.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP,

Our sincerest apologies, we do sell replacement parts for the ACR. We will address the customer service team as to what parts we offer as replacement parts. Please note that we do not offer retail packaged replacement parts except for barrels and stocks right now. All independent replacement parts are sold as a "F" part meaning its strictly a replacement part without retail packaging or installation instructions.

Please send us a PM with your info and we will get you squared away on what you need.

Thanks,
Bushmaster
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 1:12:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wanting to buy a fde acr stripped lower since I cerakoted my acr from black to Remington fde.I called bushmaster and told me they don't offer anything like that! Lol fuckin kidding me? They sell the rifle, but not the part? They told me to call brownells, i told them I've been on brownells website and they don't sell that part only barrels. I think it's kinda bad if a company has a customer problem and then they pass that problem on to another company. I'm starting to think about selling my acr if there is no customer support. 10 years this rifle has been out, how pathetic!

UPDATE: I called brownells and they don't stock that part. I then called bushmaster and told them brownells don't stock that part, they told they wouldn't! Lol. They said they would need to have someone buy 200 of them before even considering selling lower receiver.
View Quote
Like top gun said BM doesn’t sell the lower as an individual part. Do your homework before you complain about stuff you have no idea about.  If your worried about getting parts then you should stick with a regular AR platform. With that said I have no problem getting replacement parts from Bushmaster, big dog, HKbelt fed, nexus, rpm tooling and several others.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 4:31:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Like top gun said BM doesn’t sell the lower as an individual part. Do your homework before you complain about stuff you have no idea about.  If your worried about getting parts then you should stick with a regular AR platform. With that said I have no problem getting replacement parts from Bushmaster, big dog, HKbelt fed, nexus, rpm tooling and several others.
View Quote
I already check with big dog. He said bushmaster won't sell the stripped polymer lowers to him even though he buys every other individual part from bushmaster. I don't care if it comes in retail packaging or in a sandwich bag.I just want to buy the stripped lower. I never had problems ordering individual spare parts from CZ, FN or glock. They list every part except for the actual serialized frame or receiver. If they don't have a parts shop they will direct you to a business that actually have the parts listed like Midwest gun works or high desert dog instead of knowing for sure if brownells lists the part or not. I also forgot to mention they told me to find the lower on gunbroker. Kinda shitty for a company to tell me to go to gun broker and try to find a second hand part for a gun that is still in production if you ask me. It's not like I'm asking it for free, I'm willing to buy the part.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe you should have checked before cerakoting?

Anyone on here could have told you that BM didn't sell lowers separately. Even a search of BM's site would've shown that.

Magpul produces the lowers for BM to use in their rifle assembly, so it's not like BM has spares laying around.
View Quote
So what happens and I'm putting this out here for shits and giggles. What if your lower gets cracked or some other god awful thing happens? Your pretty much screwed on not getting a replacement lower even if it's not your fault. They should probably have some on hand for something like that but from what it sounds they dont, For a $2300 rifle people paid a lot of money on that's not good. BTW they don't list all the individual parts on their website but give them a call and they do have it. Their willing to sell you 99% of other parts to you but not the lower which is not even the serialized part of the firearm.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 5:23:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thas' why I don't buy oddball guns with no aftermarket support and shitty customer service from the manufacturer
View Quote
It shouldn't be a oddball gun! The acr platform is awesome, the rifle doesn't have any muzzle jump and recoils less than a ar15. This would be my go to gun but can't depend on it if sounds like if parts hard to get.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 6:00:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Didn't a CS rep just tell you to PM him and you're still on here complaining? Did you talk to him yet?
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 6:14:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Didn't a CS rep just tell you to PM him and you're still on here complaining? Did you talk to him yet?
View Quote
Maybe with the lower they can include some Midol too?
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 7:05:52 AM EDT
[#11]
alrighty I messaged bushmaster around 7 last night. I will keep you guys updated.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 7:08:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haha funny!
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 7:12:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I replied to bushmaster, just replying to previous posts people posted on this thread.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't think anyone is going to argue that there is a huge aftermarket for the ACR (though this is getting slightly better)... but my experiences with Bushmaster's customer service has always been good.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So what happens and I'm putting this out here for shits and giggles. What if your lower gets cracked or some other god awful thing happens?
View Quote
How often does a lower break vs people that like to paint them or mismatch colors? I'm sure BM could accommodate selling a broken lower since it basically never happens, but selling a part they don't manufacture retail for whoever wants to buy one is something else entirely.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm pleased to see Bushmaster is now selling stripped lowers for the ACR rifle, smart move. It shows they will sell everything you if you need to repair your rifle. It puts consumer confidence in the rifle and now I have regained confidence in the platform.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top