Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2020 10:35:18 PM EDT
Good evening everyone. I ordered diversified machine's premium tuned 9mm kit several months back. I have 2 questions and hoping here has experience with the same kit.
1. At about the midway point on the tube all cones/spacers bind up. Is that normal?
2. One end of the can has a insert. I'm guessing it's a booster bushing but don't know which one (I think there are 2 kinds) or is that even what it is.
I haven't heard back from them yet and was hoping to figure stuff out so I can get the tube engraved.  1.376x1.259 7" kit 24 tpi here's a link to see the part.   Thank you
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay so I'm pretty sure the threading on the bushing is 1 3/16. Still trying to figure out if parts binding up in the tube is normal for the tuned kit or not
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#2]
That’s probably threaded for a Liberty/Gemtech booster assembly. DM also makes a thread bushing for SDTA booster, but I don’t know that thread size.

If it uses their “premium” tubes the tube should be bored more concentric than mill-finish tubing.  Try stacking your stack like poker chips on a table, cone tips up.  Then slide the tube over the stack. That prevents individual pieces cocking sideways.  If it still binds then a tight spot in a tube can be lubed, or sanded. If most pieces slide by then perhaps sand the offending over-diameter cone or spacer until it fits.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#3]
OP can you send some more of your own pictures of that kit to someone here so they can be shared? Or post from somewhere like Imgur so we can see them...
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I got their normal “9mm” kit, 1.5x8” kit recently. My internals will bind up or cock if you drop them in one at a time but do not when you stack them up jenga style and slide the tube over.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:
That’s probably threaded for a Liberty/Gemtech booster assembly. DM also makes a thread bushing for SDTA booster, but I don’t know that thread size. 

If it uses their “premium” tubes the tube should be bored more concentric than mill-finish tubing.  Try stacking your stack like poker chips on a table, cone tips up.  Then slide the tube over the stack. That prevents individual pieces cocking sideways.  If it still binds then a tight spot in a tube can be lubed, or sanded. If most pieces slide by then perhaps sand the offending over-diameter cone or spacer until it fits.
View Quote

Thank you very much for the reply. I'm pretty sure you're correct on the bushing. I'll try what you recommended on the parts.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Chairborne:
I got their normal “9mm” kit, 1.5x8” kit recently. My internals will bind up or cock if you drop them in one at a time but do not when you stack them up jenga style and slide the tube over.
View Quote

I tried and they still seem to bind up in one particular spot. I think I'll try lightly sanding the tube area
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:53:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MSUbulldog21:
OP can you send some more of your own pictures of that kit to someone here so they can be shared? Or post from somewhere like Imgur so we can see them...
View Quote

Pm sent
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's some pictures OP sent me.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought DM was sending out a new "ported" """solvent cup""" design or did I imagine that? I was thinking they might be flying too close to the sun on that one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I like to use a cylinder hone when dealing with tight spots like described.

ETA - I have also had to make and use an anvil to drive through the tube for repairing a tube that got out of round, but this might not be in your capabilities with materials and tools on hand.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By crazyelece:
I like to use a cylinder hone when dealing with tight spots like described.

ETA - I have also had to make and use an anvil to drive through the tube for repairing a tube that got out of round, but this might not be in your capabilities with materials and tools on hand.
View Quote

Thank you for the tips. The cylinder hone has a great idea and I have one available to me
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Can you tell me what the square jig is and where to get?

I assume its to hold your pieces as you drill them
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By crag_dt:
Can you tell me what the square jig is and where to get?

I assume its to hold your pieces as you drill them
View Quote

Yes, DM sells them separately.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

@crag_dt

A much faster source for holders and center drill jigs is @Number40fan
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can you tell me what the square jig is and where to get?

I assume its to hold your pieces as you drill them
View Quote

It's a drill fixture to hold for drilling yes they sell it
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@crag_dt

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@crag_dt

What's the contact info? Direct message?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Best to sign up and get ahold of me on the form1 suppressor boards.  I check that a lot more than I am here and it is better for me to have everything in one location.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top