Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2018 2:52:20 PM EDT
... that is not DM? I know DM is the best but I have been waiting for almost 2 months now for him to sell me a few and just want to get the process started so I can wait on the gov to take my money.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I can’t answer your question but I’m confused on how submitting a stamp is relevant to ordering end caps
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:11:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't answer your question but I'm confused on how submitting a stamp is relevant to ordering end caps
View Quote
Don't you need the correct size before sending in the paper work?
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you know what you want to order, post it here and there are plenty of folks that can help you with the overall length.  For instance, one of the standard lengths for the DM tubes is 7.5.  The regular endcaps will stick out about 0.2-0.25 inches making the overall length 8".

I would stick with DM for the tube, but you can consider SPC for your endcaps.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, and if the ATF is measuring your can, it’s simply an add on charge for pound-you-in-the-ass prison. Get it within an inch and call it good. I’d be happy to measure my end caps tonight
Ymmv
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]
You cold try sending a PM to @Rustyand to get his contact info and his tube options.

Rustyand is an SOT that will work with Form 1 builders and I believe he wil sell threaded Ti tubes.  He typically recommends SPC products mounts and front caps. Check out the Form 1 builders website. Should come up in a web search.  You have to register, which is a little slow and clunky, but some useful threads and reference materials. The Form 1 section on Silencertalk doesn't seem that active and is more oriented to machinists with lathes, mills, welders, and such.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Put whatever you want on the paperwork.  If once you buy the caps and tube the length is longer or otherwise vastly different, just send ATF a letter with the correct info.

Fyi: e-file
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You cold try sending a PM to @Rustyand to get his contact info and his tube options.Rustyand is an SOT that will work with Form 1 builders and I believe he wil sell threaded Ti tubes.  He typically recommends SPC products mounts and front caps. Check out the Form 1 builders website. Should come up in a web search.  You have to register, which is a little slow and clunky, but some useful threads and reference materials. The Form 1 section on Silencertalk doesn't seem that active and is more oriented to machinists with lathes, mills, welders, and such.
View Quote
Per Rusty he is 3-4 months out with new work.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Basically if you need a 24tpi tube or end cap your at the mercy of the DM or Rusty. If you order from Rusty at least you'll get the part in a reasonable time frame along with emails and customer support. DM seems to take weeks to respond to an email, if he bothers to all. It may be different ordering directly off the order form for an in stock as specified part.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So basically if you need a 24tpi tube or end cap your at the mercy of the DM or Rusty. If you order from Rusty at least you'll get the part sooner or later along with an email. DM seems to take that long to respond to an email, if he bothers to all.
View Quote
Any job shop can thread a piece of Ti tube and make caps for it.  Just can't poke the hole in the end cap.

There are also plenty of us SOTs out there who will make you a threaded tube & caps in any length, diameter, wall thickness & thread pitch you want.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been hearing DM is tough to get a hold of, but has anyone placed an order through his website and just waited?  Stuff show up eventually?  Week/weeks/month/months?

Edit:  Just checked his website and it has been updated to show October's winner of a $100.  Seems a little faster too since the last time I was on there.  But, that has been a while.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Any job shop can thread a piece of Ti tube and make caps for it.  Just can't poke the hole in the end cap.

There are also plenty of us SOTs out there who will make you a threaded tube & caps in any length, diameter, wall thickness & thread pitch you want.
View Quote
^^ this guy right here. He is what you seek.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top