Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2016 9:15:38 PM EDT
Has anyone had issues with dm's yhm mounts?

I'm 98% sure that I have one that's not right.

I built a 5" can with their yhm mount and all was well.  I got an 8" ti tube with that mount and I believe it's not straight.

I built all of my baffles then drilled the end cap and mounted it on the rifle that I've been using my 5" can on and looked through the bore and saw what I thought was baffle that wasn't in line with the bore.

I pulled all of the baffles out and put the end cap back on and looked again and still saw it.  I switched end caps and still saw it.  I then switched mounts(the end of the silencer) and it was straight.  I stuck a cleaning rod(not exactly scientific, I know, but it fits the bore pretty snuggly) through the barrel and silencer and verified what I was  seeing.

I then put paint marker on the taper on the flash hinder mount and verified that only half of the taper was contacting the mount.  The one on my short can made contact all the way around.

Does it sound like I'm on the right track?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you are on the right track to finding out what the problem is.  CNC Warrior make a rod to check threads to see if they are square. You can use it to check your mount and your suppressor.

link

MAHA
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have an issue with another silencer that I built from his parts.  If I use the yhm adapter from that silencer, the problem goes away.  The issue seems to follow that particular adapter.

I think I'm going to send dm an email.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have an issue with another silencer that I built from his parts.  If I use the yhm adapter from that silencer, the problem goes away.  The issue seems to follow that particular adapter.

I think I'm going to send dm an email.
View Quote

It happens.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree.  Build enough of anything and mistakes are bound to happen.

The adapter in question also tightens down much sooner than the one that doesn't have an issue. There may be enough "meat" left in this one to fix.  If I had a lathe, I'd probably give it a try.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I am being taken care of by DM.  Great customer service.  

I can't wait to try this build out.  8" titanium with formed freeze plugs.  I'm happy with my 5" can, hopefully this one ends up 3" quieter.  Lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top