Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2019 1:45:20 PM EDT
I will be picking a Hatsan Model 95 .22 cal. tonight.
My question is what weight of pellets should I buy for the break in period ?
I understand I will need to determine what works best in my rifle. So I’m just looking for what to grab when I’m at the store.
My intended use will be for rats and starlings. Most all shots will be under 50 yards.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Crosman Premier 14.3, cheap and accurate
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I did get the Crosman 14.3 pellets. And the new rifle. Wow ! Was that first shot loud .
Wanting to keep things quiet in my neighborhood I sighted it in down in my basement.
I have about ten yards to shoot. And a .22 cal bullet trap. I think I put about fifty rounds through it.
Here are my last four shots. The flyer was the first of four. I blame oil

Then this morning. Threading that pellet through grass and a chain link fence at 6 yards. I got a lung shot on this guy going after the chickens food.

The gun has quieted down a lot so I’ll now get it sighted in at least out to 25 yards.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice !
Mine is gas ram QE, its quiet.
Its probably not loud to someone 10 yards away as it seems to the shooter.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
The loudness was definitely due to dieseling. Smoke was just rolling out of that barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top