Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2018 3:28:58 PM EDT
This has what I understand to be a Federal Ordnance folder on it.   Its 1980s aura was too much for me and at $399 I'm afraid I swallowed the hook along with the bait.

Gun is a 1985-vintage 184 series.  It came with the Weaver scope mount; the scope is a shitty BSA unit I had kicking around in my range bag.   I put about 80 rounds of Wolf 55 gr though it and it shot a little better at 100 yards than I was expecting, maybe 3 MOA... but I didn't let it get awfully hot either.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 3:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice score! I wouldn't have left the store without it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice score!

I love it when a plan comes together!  
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice purchase.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#4]
The stock by itself is about 300.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#5]
pretty nice
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a hell of a find!

I couldn't walk out without it either.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Why would they sell that gun for ONLY $399?

Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would they sell that gun for ONLY $399?

View Quote
They sell a lot of police trade-ins and other stuff and pretty much just blow it out without doing a lot of in-depth research.

I noticed while shooting it that the pistol grip really puts your hand close to the trigger, too close for comfort.  The sling attachment is also not very well thought out; the sling will pretty much have to go through the stock no matter how you do it.  It would make more sense to have the rear attachment point on the back of the wood stock.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 2:26:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice score!
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They sell a lot of police trade-ins and other stuff and pretty much just blow it out without doing a lot of in-depth research.

I noticed while shooting it that the pistol grip really puts your hand close to the trigger, too close for comfort.  The sling attachment is also not very well thought out; the sling will pretty much have to go through the stock no matter how you do it.  It would make more sense to have the rear attachment point on the back of the wood stock.
View Quote
Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I will give you $100 for it. Accuracy and reliability is horrible. Just kidding good score.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top