Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2014 11:26:14 AM EDT
Assembled by Adco and I am very happy with it just looking at it.  I plan on trying it out this weekend.

Build sheet:
BCM upper receiver
Daniel Defense 12.5" CHF 5.56mm barrel w/ factory pinned low-pro gas block
Griffin Armament Tactical Compensator w/ tabbed washer
Spikes melonited carbine length gas tube.
BCM KMR 10" handguard (need panels yet)
BCM Keymod Sling Mount
Spikes complete BCG
BCM Mod4 Charging Handle
Daniel Defense front BUIS
Troy rear BUIS (not installed yet)
Surefire X300U-A (will be adding a Unity Tactical EXO)
Trijicon TA33G-H ACOG w/ Larue mount *or* Aimpoint CompM4 w/ Bobro mount (ACOG on it for now as it is lighter than the Aimpoint)
Blue Force Gear VCAS w/ Aluminum Hardware

Griffin M4SD II is on order at Silencer Shop so I will have that in 9-10 months

ETA: I have XXL sized hands and the KMR is TINY!!  I think I will need the covers from BCM just to make it feel a bit larger once the angled ones are available.
ETA 2: Sling is off for now until I get the BCM Keymod sling mount.

Link Posted: 6/7/2014 2:03:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.

Let me know how to comp does with the short barrel.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 4:30:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

I plan on shooting later on today or tomorrow afternoon so will report back on the comp.  I am anxiously awaiting the results on that as well.  I only use flash hiders as I am not a fan of loud guns but wanted something to act as a little bit of a blast baffle.  Hopefully it isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 5:10:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice. 12.5 is a great length.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 6:56:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Also all the Keymod rail covers are pretty low profile so the rail will still feel small most likely.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I put some rounds through it this morning and really like it!  No issues other than needing to probably put an H2 buffer in as it is slightly overgassed I think.  

While small the KMR felt good so I think the little thickness added by the panels will make it work for me just fine.  

The Griffin comp is louder than the A2 but it isn't near as bad as I thought it would be.  Flash is there with XM855 and reloads using H335 but it does almost eliminate recoil and muzzle rise to me.

Accuracy seemed good at the 50yds I was shooting at and I had no malfunctions.  The ACOG and irons were almost perfectly sighted in without adjustment which amazed me as well.

With a spare bolt, firing pin, cam pin, and gas rings in the grip and 6 CR123A's in the stock as well as the Troy BUIS and a 20rd mag loaded with 75gr TAP it weighs 8lb 10oz which is quite light in my opinion.  The KMR contributes to that significantly I believe as well.

ETA:  Comp was timed perfectly and I was mistaken after checking it again.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
sexy
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, I put some rounds through it this morning and really like it!  No issues other than needing to probably put an H2 buffer in as it is slightly overgassed I think.  

While small the KMR felt good so I think the little thickness added by the panels will make it work for me just fine.  

The Griffin comp is louder than the A2 but it isn't near as bad as I thought it would be.  Flash is there with XM855 and reloads using H335 but it does almost eliminate recoil and muzzle rise to me.

Accuracy seemed good at the 50yds I was shooting at and I had no malfunctions.  The ACOG and irons were almost perfectly sighted in without adjustment which amazed me as well.

With a spare bolt, firing pin, cam pin, and gas rings in the grip and 6 CR123A's in the stock as well as the Troy BUIS and a 20rd mag loaded with 75gr TAP it weighs 8lb 10oz which is quite light in my opinion.  The KMR contributes to that significantly I believe as well.

ETA:  Comp was timed perfectly and I was mistaken after checking it again.
View Quote
The weight is gtg imo with all those batteries and that stock.

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
sexy
View Quote

Very.

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#9]
So my brother and I put some more rounds through it today and I got to watch the flash and listen to the blast.  It has flash about every other round with a little ball of fire about 4" around a few inches out from the muzzle using reloads with H335.

It also does have blast compared to the A2 on my 11.5" upper but it isn't as bad as a brake to me and I HATE brakes.. The suppressor will be nice when I can get it though :)

I also switched from a ST-T2 to a Colt H2 and that seemed to help smooth things out a bit and it piles brass nicely at about 3:30-4:00 6-7ft out which is awesome.  I may get an H3 to try as I always have read that DD uses large gas ports but I don't shoot Wolf so I don't need to handle low-powered ammo.

I do notice an extractor mark on the inside of the rim but it isn't too bad so we will see if the H3 makes a difference.

Also, the BCM Keymod sling mount is awesome!

At the end of the day this is my favorite AR of the 7 I own.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very nice.  

Let me know how to comp does with the short barrel.
View Quote

I have the Battle Comp on my 12.5. It's noticeable but not earth shattering in terms of performance.

It is of course louder, but it doesn't have the concussion that so many brakes have. and the fireball is about that of an A2 birdcage.

All in all it's a fine comp, it would work better on a 14 or 16 inch gun I think.
Top Top