Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2012 12:36:19 PM EDT
This morning, I made a video about my 7.5" PDW build. The write-up can be found HERE!.

I did a basic overview of the rifle and shot some groups through the 7.5" Noveske barrel with several different common types of ammunition.

Here is my set-up:

Here is the video:

I hope you enjoy it!
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]
nice build , looks like a hoot

only change that i'd recommend is a handstop
you were gripping awfully close to that brake
(but i guess it doubles as a hand warmer on cold days)
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 3:46:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
nice build , looks like a hoot

only change that i'd recommend is a handstop
you were gripping awfully close to that brake
(but i guess it doubles as a hand warmer on cold days)

I've considered adding a handstop, especially something like a Gear Sector. I just can't quite figure out how to mount it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:00:05 AM EDT
[#3]
What an asshole
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I use to have an aac brake on my 7.5" m16, but it was stupid loud.  It wasnt bad in semi but distracting in auto, felt like a pressure wave slapping you in the face and sinus.  I tried shooting it at night in auto and that's when I decided I needed something else because all I could see was a little red dot in a ball of orange haha.  Switched back to an a2 and like it alot so far, didn't really do too much for the flash thou.... But doubt anything will really fix that!
Different little 7.5 you got there.  I have a gear sector handstop mounted forward on my rail and like it alot.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:17:33 AM EDT
[#5]
if u want to take it up another notch @ the range... u could look @ the degroat flash enhancer
though i cant guarantee the safety of the hair on your hands
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
if u want to take it up another notch @ the range... u could look @ the degroat flash enhancer
though i cant guarantee the safety of the hair on your hands

I've looked into them, but I like my eyesight a little too much to try it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't think I could handle a brake on a 7.5
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice write up and nice gun
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#9]

A brake on a SBR has GOT to be a bitch. But why a telescopic optic on a short barreled AR? I don't get it. How far do you expect to reach out and touch from the bench with a 7.5" barrel?

Other than that, nice rig!

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Your SBR is a fun toy. An "asshole" build as you put it. Aah, now it makes sense. Besides, I'd hate to see what the CT AG would do to your keyster if you ever used that stick in SD.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A brake on a SBR has GOT to be a bitch. But why a telescopic optic on a short barreled AR? I don't get it. How far do you expect to reach out and touch from the bench with a 7.5" barrel?

Other than that, nice rig!

Big scope was just for testing out the barrel with different loads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top