Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2011 6:13:03 PM EDT
Im in the process of building a 10.5" 9mm, and I cant decide what handguard to build it with, no provisions for gas system needed, so I can get all sorts of creative.

the quick and easy would be a carbine length and be done with it, but I am looking for a little more barrel coverage.

my thinking so far is free float mid length, but I've never seen a spectre handguard on a barrel of that length, so if anybody has any pics of the two sizes that I could compare, that would be great. (I know everybody likes to show off their rigs)

Im also looking for inexpensive lightweight free floats, I keep hearing about the Daniel Defense, but I just cant justify the excessive cost.

thanks for any suggestions.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Midlength JP Enterprises FF tube on a 10.5" barrel.  It wears micro Aimpoint now.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]
DD mk18 RIS II
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Chopped down MFR on 10.5"

I had the Troy VTac 9 on it at one point.

Also YHM Specter lightweight.

The Specter terminated exactly as the barrel threading began.

I am wishing for Troy to come out with a 10" TRX for all of us 10.5" gunners. It would look absolutely great.  Someday....
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Crappy cell phone pic

10.5 with 10 inch Spikes BAR rail

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top