Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2017 4:25:10 PM EDT
Looking to re barrel a 444 Marlin. It is the 444S. Just wondering if anyone has any input on doing this.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I found a couple of barrels on Numrich and will be taking a look at those. I just cant seem to locate anything on installing/replacing a barrel on one of these rifles.

I do plan on shooting jacketed ammo so that is something I will have to look for when choosing the barrel.

Hope to find more detail on swapping out the barrels.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#4]
DANO523,

First off thanks for the extent of explaining. I do not have photos of the barrel yet, but yes the reasoning is because a cousin in law did throw the rifle in the safe un-clean for years and prob left it outside a

few nights and maybe worse so there are multiple areas with pits on the rifling. I have tried all I can by soaking it in Hoppes #9 over night and to only see the pitting remain. It isnt that bad a shooter as is

prob 5-6" but as

it is I do not want to see it this way. It sickens me to all hell that one would allow their firearm to be left in this condition and I will prob not be on the invitation list for Thanksgiving lunch either...

I am looking for a winter project so removal and replacing the barrel is something I have never done and would like as much info before beginning this project.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top