User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/14/2023 5:05:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoRdErBaCoN]
I'll start.  

Edit -

I see there is already a PCC Pic thread pinned...  Sorry...  Site resources and all that.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Neat, I like that color scheme.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that a UZI mag, the rifle takes?
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By d4xycrq:
View Quote

Mine takes a Colt 9mm mag not an Uzi mag
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

That would be neat - but nope.  Mine takes Colt carbine magazines.

I have a few from C-Products that I picked up as well - but I've never used them.  They appear solid though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]
How do these suppress?
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

It’s basically an Uzi mag with a notch milled into it for the Colt mag catch. And a LRBHO follower. I have 8 Uzi mags that have modified no LRBHO though. I prefer the Colt pattern mags for that reason.
@d4xycrq
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#8]
While not Colt, I enjoy my RRA LAR-9.  I have a boat load of Metal Form magazines!
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mikego_34:
How do these suppress?
View Quote

Not well since they are blowback.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Colt designed their carbine to take modified Uzi mags.  The difference is the location of the mag catch.  

Regular Uzi mags can be modified (new catch cutout) to fit the Colt.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 9:32:43 PM EDT
[#11]
How do these suppress?
View Quote

Quite well in my opinion.  My Colt AR 9mm works well with a can on it, is quiet, and doesn't gas you out.  

I really like my AR 9mm.  It stated out much like the first picture, but with a fixed stock.  Since then, I had the barrel chopped to 10.5" when I SBR'ed it, put a flattop upper on it for a red dot, Troy handguard, and a ACE collapsible stock.  It's one of my favorite guns, and while the recoil is harder than my Beneli M1 in 12 ga due to it being the dreaded blowback (uhh not really), it's a fun gun to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Not getting enough pictures 😂
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:01:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnSmith6073] [#15]
Originally Posted By spmx7777:

Not well since they are blowback.
View Quote

LOL, I have/HAD one with a FRT trigger and an AAC Evo9.  

I called it the poofter. It suppresses very well.

Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By rn22723:
 I have a boat load of Metal Form magazines!
View Quote

Where did you get them?  Most everyone is OOS these days.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JohnSmith6073:

https://i.imgur.com/3qyHSMwl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GtQA3o5.jpeg

View Quote

FRT compatible huh?
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By K357Mag:

View Quote

A while back when I first got the LAR-9
PSA has had them.
CDNN has had them
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JohnSmith6073:

https://i.imgur.com/3qyHSMwl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GtQA3o5.jpeg

View Quote

Thanks, good to know!  Maybe I need a can for mine then.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I keep going back and forth on picking one of these up.  

Do they get much dirtier than other options?  (Are they a pain to clean?  Particularly the FCG pocket.)
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By K357Mag:

View Quote

Brownells show in stock

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/magazines/rifle-magazines-parts/ar-15-32rd-colt-style-magazine-9mm/

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Those are the metalform ones above form Brownells #078000198 @ 38 a pop.
Brownells has the "colt " listed but those look like C products #160000384 @ 90 bucks a pop.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#23]
A question for anyone that has a 16” colt with front sight. Will a bayonet fit since the barrel is shorter?
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 3-gun:
A question for anyone that has a 16” colt with front sight. Will a bayonet fit since the barrel is shorter?
View Quote

Barrels are still too long to mount a regular bayonet correctly.

Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Think you sir. I’m really tempted to get a new Colt to go with my camo colt.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 12:48:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Think you sir. I’m really tempted to get a new Colt to go with my camo colt.
View Quote

The new Colt’s are worth getting. I never did before, but I even like the Colt M4 hand guards. If I could change anything I would get rid of the Cage Code on the upper receiver and go back to the C marked.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:51:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: redfiredog8] [#27]
Hello all, I think this is the right place to ask this question. What is the going rate for Colt 20rd 9mm carbine magazines?

Thanks
Craig
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Krazny13:
I keep going back and forth on picking one of these up.  

Do they get much dirtier than other options?  (Are they a pain to clean?  Particularly the FCG pocket.)
View Quote

Blowback guns always get dirty fast.  It's the nature of the beast.

Quick way to clean the FCG pocket: Separate lower. Take it outside and hold upside down.  Hose it out with a polymer safe aerosol spray like Quick Scrub, Gun Wash or Gun Scrubber Synthetic Safe.  Lube with a needle oiler.  Done.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By redfiredog8:
Hello all, I think this is the right place to ask this question. What is the going rate for Colt 20rd 9mm carbine magazines?

Thanks
Craig
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/267635/C9mm1_jpg-2728961.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/267635/C9mm_jpg-2728962.JPG
View Quote

Colt 20
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#31]

Colt 20
View Quote

Thanks, I was asking about the original Colt OEM 20rd magazines. I'm thinking at one time they were north of a 100.00. I bought three the other day of GB for 140.00 tax and shipped. I'm thinking that was a great deal.
Craig
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#32]
How do these suppress?
View Quote
I built a 7 inch barreled SBR years ago.  It was a turd (malfunctions) until I threw money at it and bought a Hahn Precision mag well and a .45 ACP buffer.  All has been good since then.  Suppression is fine, but as with any semi, your face is on that big mass banging around.  It's going to be worse for a lefty.

MP5 clones are better,  but life is short, buy/do what you want.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#33]
I've got one of the 80's Colt 9mm carbines with the SMG ~10" barrel. It suppresses really well. It's very quiet and that giant shell deflector does a great job at directing any suppressor gas blowback away from the shooter.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 3:07:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
https://i.imgur.com/IjGSuvT.jpg
View Quote

Oh man, I like that.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Very neat upper - where did you get it or the parts, and what's the history of that style - I've seen that type before but don't place it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Here's mine.  It's almost Grandpa's old ax here, with three new heads and two new handles.  This started out as a 16", plastic handguard, A1 style upper with a fixed stock.  

Since then, I SBR'ed it to 10.5", had it threaded, and have an HB three lug mount with threaded extension to be able to use a A1 birdcage FH for looks.

Kept the factory front sight, for the looks.

Troy quad free float handguard.

Magpul grip, Ace Battle Ax stock or whatever they called it - looks cool plus is very comfortable with the foam on the buffer tube.  

Bravo Company extended charging handle.  

Spikes buffer spacer to keep the bolt group from going too far back - supposedly this keeps it from breaking the bolt hold open device due to too much bolt velocity if it goes too far back.  

Old school C-More sight, which I bought I think 1999, when it was one of the best sights out there.  I'd replace it, but it's still going strong, has a huge field of view, and the built in irons are good for backups.

It's a fantastic package, light, handy, accurate enough (2" at 50 yards), and has never jammed on me.  I even have managed to survie the ghastly 9mm blowback recoil some place up there with a .300 Win Mag.

Attachment Attached File

Here it is with my AAC Ti-Rant 9, which I've set up as a dedicated 3 lug mount host.  Super quiet with subs.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 1stID:

Very neat upper - where did you get it or the parts, and what's the history of that style - I've seen that type before but don't place it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Colt made a department of energy (DOE) variant for a .gov contract.  Just a very unique design.  There was a guy that built the kits and sold them on gun broker. It’s been quite a few years back so I’m not sure if he still does but it’s a fun little blaster!
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 10:25:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Firestarter123] [#40]
Here are mine.

2x10.5” and 1x8.5” using QC10 and Macon Armory barrels.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#41]
I’m a bit old school and still like the light, fast handling, minimalist approach of the 6450, and if needed a vintage 3x or 4x Colt scope.  Way too many shooters hang was too much tacticool crap on a lightweight AR-15 carbine and turn it into a slow moving, poorly balanced and  7 or 8 plus pound “rifle” with none of the advantages of a rifle’s longer barrel.  Farm animal stupid.

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:00:50 AM EDT
[#42]
I do like the look of the 6450 and even better with the LEO/Gov markings.  I learned that good ammo will run these rifles very well.  I was using Magtech ammo and rifle worked well but I did have a few failure to eject/feed.  I switched to Lawman 147 practice ammo and it felt like a different rifle, ran smooth and no malfunctions.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:42:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Here's mine.  It's almost Grandpa's old ax here, with three new heads and two new handles.  This started out as a 16", plastic handguard, A1 style upper with a fixed stock.  

Since then, I SBR'ed it to 10.5", had it threaded, and have an HB three lug mount with threaded extension to be able to use a A1 birdcage FH for looks.

Magpul grip, Ace Battle Ax stock or whatever they called it - looks cool plus is very comfortable with the foam on the buffer tube.  

Spikes buffer spacer to keep the bolt group from going too far back - supposedly this keeps it from breaking the bolt hold open device due to too much bolt velocity if it goes too far back.  

Old school C-More sight, which I bought I think 1999, when it was one of the best sights out there.  I'd replace it, but it's still going strong, has a huge field of view, and the built in irons are good for backups.

It's a fantastic package, light, handy, accurate enough (2" at 50 yards), and has never jammed on me.  I even have managed to survie the ghastly 9mm blowback recoil some place up there with a .300 Win Mag.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/AR_Colt_9mm_jpg-2744079.JPG

Here it is with my AAC Ti-Rant 9, which I've set up as a dedicated 3 lug mount host.  Super quiet with subs.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/Colt_AR_9mm_with_TiRant_9_jpg-2744110.JPG

View Quote

I really like the C-More sight.  I've got a pile of those on different platforms.  I don't have an A2 type mount/sight though - just the railway type - a few aluminum and a few plastic.

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#44]
This thread is going to cost me $950.  I’ve owned Colt AR15s  in 222 Remington, 223 REM / 5.56x45mm, 7.62x39mm but never the 9mm. I recently became interested in PCC again and thought it might be nice to try a Colt 9mm since I have owned all of the other calibers offered in rhe 15 size format.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#45]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/AR_Colt_9mm_jpg-2744079.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/Colt_AR_9mm_with_TiRant_9_jpg-2744110.JPG

View Quote
Ummmm, 3rd pin hole?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Ha, I wish!  Would be awesome to have a FA AR in 9mm.  But alas, on the 80's/90's Colts, Colt put a block in where FA parts would go, to keep them from being installed, and put a pin to keep the block in place.  The pin is larger diameter than a sear pin, to make it even harder to convert.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By GaryT1776:
This thread is going to cost me $950.  I’ve owned Colt AR15s  in 222 Remington, 223 REM / 5.56x45mm, 7.62x39mm but never the 9mm. I recently became interested in PCC again and thought it might be nice to try a Colt 9mm since I have owned all of the other calibers offered in rhe 15 size format.
View Quote

Beware though, other PCC fans will tell you about the nasty, violent, uncouth recoil of a, checks notes, shoulder fired rifle that weights 7 pounds in 9mm.

I think a AR 9mm is a great rifle - cheap to shoot, great to suppresses, all that's needed to protection.  They really do shine in SBR mode, as you don't get anything to speak of with 6-8 inches of barrel on the end.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By BoRdErBaCoN:

I really like the C-More sight.  I've got a pile of those on different platforms.  I don't have an A2 type mount/sight though - just the railway type - a few aluminum and a few plastic.

View Quote

Yeah, when I looked around for a red dot circa 1999 or so, the C-More was one of the better ones, and with the built in A2 sight at the end you had backup sights already.

With the large glass circle, it's the absolute opposite of the "tube effect" red dot, as people didn't like about the Aimpoints.

Mine's now 24 years old, and still is going strong.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#49]
I put another 100rds through one of my 9mm AR's on Saturday and it's still a soft shooting rifle that is a joy to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top