Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2020 7:10:31 PM EDT
I'm picking up a Micro this week. My plan is to replace the barrel with a three lug from HBI and the hand guard with the MI 4.24

I assumed that I would need to disassemble the faux suppressor but now I'm not sure. Will the barrel/trunion/faux suppressor come off all in one piece?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I havent done it but considered the same thing. Looks like you'll have to dissemble the entire gun.
Not a big deal, the handguard has to come off the then split the receiver.

I dont think you need to remove the fake suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]
HBI just got back to me and said the same

Don't have to take the faux suppressor off to replace the barrel and hand guard
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Just curious why you chose not to go the 3 lug adapter route?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The micro barrel is 4"

The HBI barrel is 5.3"
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I did the same except kept the same handguard as they werent that different.

For this you will need to remove the faux suppressor as it indexes off the handguard mount which is pressed against the poly receiver.

I found a spanner wrench on Amazon to remove the faux suppressor and was able to get everything off with no issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top