Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2020 1:18:31 PM EDT
So I mounted my Surefire X300 in the only position I want to mount it but I do not like how low it's hanging as it is uncomfortable to reach the tail cap. I am using a three slot M-Lok. The bbl is 7.7" on 6.2 rail. Is there any other mount that would tuck this tighter onto the rail? 20200204_115849 by Douglas Cruz, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 2:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you using a red dot? If so, I have found moving it up top and the sight behind it feel very natural and also makes using the momentary feature much easier. I you have a scope, a 45* off set mounted up top may remedy it for you.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
12 o'clock just works better. Fits closer to the rail and either thumb can reach light.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The best location is at the 12 or offset to one side.

You could try the Thorntail mlok 1913 or Arisaka 45 degree picatinny mount (or the like) which will put it at the 1:30/10:30 location. Or flip them and have it at the 4:30/6:30.

CHIP mount (link) seems like a winner as well

if you're dead set on the location, you could try the Arisaka low profile picatinny rail but it's not going to pull it in that much tighter.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The best location is at the 12 or offset to one side.

You could try the Thorntail mlok 1913 or Arisaka 45 degree picatinny mount (or the like) which will put it at the 1:30/10:30 location. Or flip them and have it at the 4:30/6:30.

CHIP mount (link) seems like a winner as well

if you're dead set on the location, you could try the Arisaka low profile picatinny rail but it's not going to pull it in that much tighter.
View Quote
I love that offset mount. Thank you for the awesome advice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top