Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2019 3:39:14 PM EDT
Hi all,

Just got my B&T GHM9 gen1 back from B&T after having them do the "gen2" upgrade and wanted to share some before-and-after pics.

This upgrade does NOT give you the ability to change hand guard lengths like the 'real' gen2 does, but it does allow you to use the Glock mag lower that is "gen2 only".

Took about 2 weeks door-to-door, and Jeremy at B&T was great to work with, as always.

*The mods performed were: cutting the gen2 slots in the bolt (to clear the Glock mag notch, I assume) and a very light milling of one side of the upper receiver in the opening of the lower.  
*The receiver milling is NOT visible unless you remove the lower and look up into the receiver.  When assembled, it looks exactly as before.
*There are no new parts -- the upgrade is performed on your original bolt and upper receiver.

See pics below:

Link Posted: 8/29/2019 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the total cost of this conversion I need it done as well
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the total cost of this conversion I need it done as well
View Quote
B&T charges $100 total for all the upgrade machining.
You have to pay for the shipping of your upper and bolt to B&T USA in Tampa, FL.  You do NOT need to send your lower.
B&T pays for shipping it back to your door after the upgrade has been completed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

B&T charges $100 total for all the upgrade machining.
You have to pay for the shipping of your upper and bolt to B&T USA in Tampa, FL.  You do NOT need to send your lower.
B&T pays for shipping it back to your door after the upgrade has been completed.
View Quote
Do you have to call B&T and get an RMA?

Thanks,

Larry
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you have to call B&T and get an RMA?

Thanks,
Larry
View Quote
You may be able to call, but I did the entire transaction through email.

Contact Jeremy at B&T USA
Office: 813-653-1200
E-mail: [email protected]

He'll answer back with a few questions about your GHM9, a couple very short forms to fill out, the mailing address and to whose attention your package should be directed.  
He'll keep in touch via email regarding status (received, in progress and when the package is going to be mailed back to you).

Sometimes he is a bit busy, and may not be able to reply right away, so a little patience helps!  :)
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Is this the upgrade to be able to feed HPs?  I thought that was just replacing the feed ramp.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is this the upgrade to be able to feed HPs?  I thought that was just replacing the feed ramp.
View Quote
No.   The feed ramp upgrade is a completely different deal.    The confusion is a result of people (including some major retailers) who mistakenly called the GHM9’s with the upgraded feed ramp “gen2” weapons when in fact they are only gen1.

The feed ramp upgrade just changes the bolt-in feed ramp and allows better feeding of hollow/flat point bullets.

The true “gen2” GHM9 upgrade mills the bolt and receiver up to “gen 2” specs and allows the gen1 GHM9 to use the gen2-only “Glock mag lower”.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top