Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2018 10:00:46 PM EDT
I bought a Gen2 9mm Glock mag sub a few months ago on the premise to be a truck gun exclusively, a role it plays well. A driving factor was cost, I live in the sticks but I work on a military base in a "less desirable" city and if/when it gets stolen I'm not out much money.

Here's the conundrum, it needs....frankly, most everything. The trigger sucks, the screws fall out, the sights suck, the feed ramp is plastic, the mag release sucks etc.

So, Mcarbo has all this in a kit and thanks to a Veterans  day  sale I can fix all this for $160.00. Normally its a $225 purchase.

Where is the point of dimished return? If I FO I'm in it around 600, I know I'll never get that out of it but it wont be for sale either way.

I really like the little gun, always been 100% reliable through 1k rounds so far but I'm at an impasse,

Spend the coin and shoot the heck out of it or limit it to riding in the truck, limiting it round count?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#1]
At that price i would go with the parts kit
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#2]
At that price I’d go with a 9mm ar pistol.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#3]
pak-9 ak pistol
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
pak-9 ak pistol
View Quote
Doesnt Chiappa have questionable quality?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
At that price i would go with the parts kit
View Quote
Yeah I think that's the logical choice, kids always want to shoot it and they like having it along when they ride 4wheelers too.

I'm not in the market (for now) for another PCC, heck I haven't totally figured this one out yet.

I really thought this thing would be fairly, disposable maybe? I thought I did due diligence, had I have known more I may have kept looking.

It is a great concept, on paper. If they would have put decent screws in it and a metal feed ramp I would (at 350.00) thought I hit the jackpot.

With that being said, this is my first and most likely last Keltec.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I would just buy another AR for my trunk.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Stop throwing good money after bad. Sell it for what you can get.

Next time But Once, Cry Once.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Stop throwing good money after bad. Sell it for what you can get.

Next time But Once, Cry Once.
View Quote
Not in the market to sell it.

Am I crying? No. So you tell me, who makes what I was looking for at ANY price point?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not in the market to sell it.

Am I crying? No. So you tell me, who makes what I was looking for at ANY price point?
View Quote
It is a phrase, does not mean you are physically shedding tears.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I've had a gen 2/Beretta mag for a few years. I'll agree that even for a Kel Tec mine's a bit rough a round the edges.
I also have a PMR-30 pistol, CMR-30 carbine and a P-32 pistol. And previously had a PLR-16.

I like mine for what it is, and what it does. But I can't put $300 in upgrades in a $350 gun. The trigger is terrible but is getting better with use. Accuracy is average, my Evo Scorpion & CX4 Storm group much tighter. The only upgrades on mine are a red dot on a QD mount, an angled grip, a Streamlight TLR-4 and a heavier charging knob.

I also have a PAK-9 (also beretta version) on an SB47 brace, it's been great. For $430 delivered I've been very happy with it, and accuracy is better than expected. Actually made by Cugir and only imported by Chiappa. So far the only failure I've read about is a firing pin breaking. But not a light setup.

I think the lightest PCC setup I have is my Roni STAB brace & G32. it's light, compact, and Glock reliable. Folded up it's shorter than the Sub2K but much wider, the Sub2k still takes the award for being the most compact and easiest to stow, and fits in just about any laptop bag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top