Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 74
Posted: 6/23/2018 8:19:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: N_Parker]
So I took the plunge into the unknown and purchased a Stribog as soon as they became available. Pending a range report, I am really liking this pistol but I do have a couple of concerns.  I am hoping these take-off in popularity making it an attractive platform for aftermarket manufacturers.  More specifically the availability of 922r parts should the Stribog prove itself worthy as an SBR candidate.  

I contacted Eagle Imports and queried the future availability of stocks and 922r parts and they replied as follows:
“No, we will not be selling stocks or any 922R compliant parts. We will only be selling the basic parts, such as the magazines and adapter”.

Disassembly: Push pins are a little tight, more about that below. Rear cap has a very nice snug fit to the receiver and needs just a light tap with a rubber mallet for removal. Buffer pads at the rear tend to bind a little in the housing so the bolt assembly will not slide out unless you pull on the buffer while pulling back on the charging handle at the same time. I assume a little lube on the perimeter of the buffer pads or at the rear of the housing will fix that.    

Upon initial inspection I noticed the front side of the rear sight appeared a little rough then realized after looking at the front sight the ramp or stop had sheared off.  I imagine it looked similar to the stop on the front site pictured for reference.  I contacted Eagle Imports about this and unfortunately they do not have any parts available yet so they will be sending a new sight when available.  Plastic sights that can break are an obvious concern but I plan on taking advantage of the top rail and will be mounting a red dot.

Front Sight

My second concern is lower push pin set-up. At first glance it appeared the rear push pin broke through the housing but what looked like a break is just basically a stepped portion of the lower housing where it meets the upper receiver.  This could have been designed better.  In the second picture here you can see how the pin breaks that diameter in the housing on both sides. Housing material just above the pin measures 0.082” thick which seems a little thin. Hopefully this holds up and doesn’t wallow out after time. The bright spot here is if the lower does need to be replaced it can as the upper is the serialized/registered portion.  

The lower pins have two sets of grooves that engage a wire retainer that simply slips into the housing. These wire retainers apply quite a bit of tension to the pin. I was not able to push the pins out by hand or at least I couldn’t get them to budge by hand.  Use of a punch and small dead blow mallet did the trick. It didn’t take much effort to break them loose; it was just a matter of quick tap to get the pin retention groove past the wire retainer. You can also see in these pics that the lower housing is symmetrical in design meaning you can move the retainers to the left side of the lower (installed in right side from factory) if you wish to push the pins out from right to left.

Rear

Front

Upper receiver assembly: Very clean machining, fit and finish. Bolt travels the length of the receiver very smoothly.   The upper looks similar to the B&T GMH9 and APC9 but the noticeable difference are the screws used to assemble the B&T uppers.  Grand Power uses a barrel nut to assemble the upper creating a much cleaner look.  

Bolt

Buffer:  Two buffer pads attach via the pins shown here.

Bolt Hold Open/Release
Somewhat of a different design, an ambi bolt hold open/release straddles the outside of the lower receiver and is held in place by the front pin.

Tension spring for BHO

Last round bolt hold open

Trigger Group
As you can see here, the trigger group appears to be a self contained unit that slips into the lower housing. I wanted to remove the trigger group for pics but I couldn't immediately see how to remove the safety selector.  I need to take a closer look at that.  

Mag Release

I just purchased the brace adapter and a Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 2 brace hoping it is compatible with their brace adapter. We'll find out soon.  
Looking forward to taking this to the range and will report out then.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By N_Parker:

Pass... I have had my own issues with F5 drums and others have reported issues as well on the FB page.
View Quote
Noted, thank you. I'll pass too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By beanz2:

I'm in the same situation, wanting to see what others experience before I jump in.

I know how the internet tends to magnify issues that only a few have experienced, but how many A3 owners have had the recall done and are happy with theirs?

Anyone wish they had just kept the old parts and watch their receivers closely instead of doing the voluntary upgrade?

View Quote

I wish I kept my stock parts.  My A3 was trouble free prior and now I have issues with the "upgraded" parts.  I wish I could get my original parts back.  

If I were you I would just shoot and enjoy it.  Only if you have issues would I send it in.  

It's sad because the gun is such a pleasure to shoot but this whole process has been a cluster of the highest order.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Flawless operation. That said, I don't run trash ammo. Only full power brass cased 124 grain.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Bad-Karma:

I wish I kept my stock parts.  My A3 was trouble free prior and now I have issues with the "upgraded" parts.  I wish I could get my original parts back.  

If I were you I would just shoot and enjoy it.  Only if you have issues would I send it in.  

It's sad because the gun is such a pleasure to shoot but this whole process has been a cluster of the highest order.
View Quote

I sent mine down and they delivered 11/16, been almost a month. Hope they don't forget to send my roller back as well.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 5:15:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mr_Maim] [#5]
I filled out the RMA form yesterday and received shipping labels (two, one USPS one FedEx, each with it's own different RMA number) and now I'm hesitant to send back.

ETA: I asked G.O. why two labels and they replied immediately: USPS if just sending the parts, FedEx if sending the firearm.

ETA2: I also asked what parts to send and G.O. Support included a PDF showing the bolt and the locking piece. Nothing else.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

What kind of problems are you having now? Feed? Ejection? FTF?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By czgunner:

Flawless operation. That said, I don't run trash ammo. Only full power brass cased 124 grain.
View Quote
How many rounds do you think you've shot with it? A few loads of the magazine?

Just trying to judge if the issues others have reported are from a single use of the drum, or after a bunch of uses.

Side note: I have several of the KCI 50-round drum mags for my Glocks and have never had a problem with them (despite reports to the contrary from others), so I'm willing to take a risk on one of these if I have a better understanding of the issues are that people have had. It is a young product.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mr_Maim:

View Quote

The bolt seems to be catching on parts of the receiver.  First the LRBHO no longer worked, then I noticed I was starting to get resistance when pulling the charging handle back, emptied a mag with the suppressor on and it locked the bolt up completely after the last round fired.  Ironically it fed and fired everything except that one out of battery but clearly something is up.  Had to get the gun home to really yank on the charging handle to get the bolt to come back again.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#9]
The bolt seems to be catching on parts of the receiver.  First the LRBHO no longer worked, then I noticed I was starting to get resistance when pulling the charging handle back, emptied a mag with the suppressor on and it locked the bolt up completely after the last round fired.  Ironically it fed and fired everything except that one out of battery but clearly something is up.  Had to get the gun home to really yank on the charging handle to get the bolt to come back again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thank you for the updated. I'm going to shoot this one and see what happens (in terms of receiver damage).

Has anyone measured a bolt and bolt locker and posted dimensions, and done the same with the replacement parts? I have seen none.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you for the updated. I'm going to shoot this one and see what happens (in terms of receiver damage).

Has anyone measured a bolt and bolt locker and posted dimensions, and done the same with the replacement parts? I have seen none.
View All Quotes

I'll put calipers to my new parts when I get them back.
Maybe you'll need to remind me though
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
from the sound of it the A1 gen 2 with the new mags is most reliable?
View Quote

Mine is.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:51:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evintos] [#12]

Another company jumps into the ring of lowers - ALH Precision
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By hoothrewpoo:

I need that one to hit the market.
View All Quotes

It is good to see the option I would go with, using Colt SMG mags, but you would think ALH would have opted to design in an integral trigger guard. LOL

(Note, I have already decided the Stribog is not for me, so I really have no dog in this fight.)
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got my "upgraded" bolt and carrier for my A3. I also sent in the roller and I got it back. Parts look good and fit. Dry cycling feels good, haven't shot it yet.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By yamahawarrior89:
Just got my "upgraded" bolt and carrier for my A3. I also sent in the roller and I got it back. Parts look good and fit. Dry cycling feels good, haven't shot it yet.
View Quote

I sent my roller, it did not return
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Will AR15 drop in triggers fit the Stribog.  I have an A1 that is near and dear to me but trigger is poor.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

An ar-15 trigger group will not fit in an OEM stribog lower

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Thanks Steve.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Mindless:

Thanks Steve.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mindless:
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

An ar-15 trigger group will not fit in an OEM stribog lower

Sven
Manticore Arms

Thanks Steve.

AR triggers won’t drop in a Stribog.  There are folks who have made it work by opening the channel in the Stribog lower by about 1/8” and using shims since standard AR trigger groups are a bit too narrow.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:23:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I was finally able to run my new steel lipped magazines through several cycles each. About 450 rounds of Winchester 115gr fmj fed flawlessly. Not one malfunction. The springs in these seem way more strong than the original ones.

My bog seems good to go now, so I ordered a second SP9A1 for spare parts if they get banned in the future. Ordered a SP9A3 to play around with while I was at it.

Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone had an opportunity to put the Lingle or A3 Scorpion lowers through some testing?  I've seen a couple on FB, but not much.  Only one negative comment and I couldn't find the original post.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By mchgnxj24:
Has anyone had an opportunity to put the Lingle or A3 Scorpion lowers through some testing?  I've seen a couple on FB, but not much.  Only one negative comment and I couldn't find the original post.
View Quote

Id like to get the Lingle but I'm holding out till they offer them in aluminum
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Originally Posted By mchgnxj24:

I’m with you. Aluminum all the way, as long as they don’t want $350 for it. Even the $200 for the 3D printed versions seems high for what it is, but I guess if it works reliably and proves to be robust, it would be worth it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Hi all, I have a stribog coming but the serial number is GSA105XX.

The recall is for GSB10001 +

when did they go from K serial numbers to GSA? any insight?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Steel lipped mags in stock: https://dkfirearms.com/product/grand-power-stribog-9mm-steel-feed-lip-30-round-magazine/

Also on Global Ordnance.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Ok. After doing some research it appears the GSA prefixes were the last batch of blowback guns but with the correct recoil springs to better handle standard 9mm ammo.

It appears K model guns had the change from dual rod to single rod recoil systems but on some of those early single rod K guns the spring was too heavy thus creating FTE/FTF issues.

Anyone able to confirm this?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:08:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 04Vermont21:
Ok. After doing some research it appears the GSA prefixes were the last batch of blowback guns but with the correct recoil springs to better handle standard 9mm ammo.

It appears K model guns had the change from dual rod to single rod recoil systems but on some of those early single rod K guns the spring was too heavy thus creating FTE/FTF issues.

Anyone able to confirm this?
View Quote

Just a guess w/o doing any digging but the serial number prefix change when Global took over distribution?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:37:58 AM EDT
[#30]
No. When GO took over it was K prefixes
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:48:07 AM EDT
[#31]
I've also determined that someone around GSA7500 they swapped out the standard trigger shoe for the flat face one
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Vote4Cthulhu:
Steel lipped mags in stock: https://dkfirearms.com/product/grand-power-stribog-9mm-steel-feed-lip-30-round-magazine/

Also on Global Ordnance.
View Quote

Thanks! FYI DK is free shipping over $90
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:
Originally Posted By Vote4Cthulhu:

Also on Global Ordnance.

And no tax
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Picked up my extra A1 and first A3 yesterday. The flat triggers look cool.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Just noticed my A3 Bog is just barely out of the recall range by double digits. Whew!
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a GSA serial A1 and it has the single recoil spring and flat trigger
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#37]
How long did it take yall to get replacement A3 bolts and locking blocks?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 7:23:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: clickclickBOOM] [#38]
Just noticed that Grandpower has modified the followers with the metal lipped magazines. They put a little bump on them and made them black again. Maybe to tilt the nose of the bullet up a little more.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#39]
So, if someone was in the market for one, what would be the best choice? A2 or an a3 after a certain serial number range?
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HK45USER:
How long did it take yall to get replacement A3 bolts and locking blocks?
View Quote

I would have to look back to see for certain but I believe it was around two weeks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:29:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Ordered a braced a3 from dkfirearms today. Hope it runs good and isn’t in the affected SN range.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Rebo:
So, if someone was in the market for one, what would be the best choice? A2 or an a3 after a certain serial number range?
View Quote

I just bought a post recall serial numbered A3 that came with revised steel lip black follower Mags that I guess will call version 2. Hopefully she runs good. I also have an A1 with the steel lipped orange follower version 1 Mags than runs good. I’ll be able to shoot it in a few weeks. Hopefully all the teething problems were addressed and I can then recommend the A3.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By gaigeboyd:
Ordered a braced a3 from dkfirearms today. Hope it runs good and isn’t in the affected SN range.
View Quote

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm trying to decide right now if I want to buy a A1 or Scorpion.

Seeing the issues people had with the A3 it doesn't seem to be worth that gamble of getting new old stock
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Does anyone have this brace? I think they have a straight and offset style. I just wanna hear some feedback from users. Mine will be coming with the SBT brace but I think I like the look of this.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Does anyone have this brace? I think they have a straight and offset style. I just wanna hear some feedback from users. Mine will be coming with the SBT brace but I think I like the look of this.

https://i.ibb.co/KNrjmYy/CDB6-CE59-10-EF-4-F40-936-B-FB9834-B5-C461.png
https://i.ibb.co/zQkgPWr/38-F04192-7745-400-D-8232-0-BBB729-D9850.webp
View Quote

Yep, had it on my Stribog. Super nice construction. Would not have anything else on one of these.  Just sold it and the Stribog the night before last.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By PyratM:

Yep, had it on my Stribog. Super nice construction. Would not have anything else on one of these.  Just sold it and the Stribog the night before last.
View Quote

Do I need any special adapters if I was to order one of these? Or can I just take the SBT brace off and slide one of these on? I’m pretty excited I just got an email that it shipped today
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#48]

Do I need any special adapters if I was to order one of these? Or can I just take the SBT brace off and slide one of these on? I’m pretty excited I just got an email that it shipped today
View Quote

Pretty sure the end cap is proprietary. But don’t fret because they come with the end cap you need.

https://a3-tactical-inc.myshopify.com/products/modular-side-folding-arm-brace-stribog?variant=32926522409021
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Arrived today

save gambar instagram
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Nice. Serial number outside of their issues?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top