Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 74
Posted: 6/23/2018 8:19:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: N_Parker]
So I took the plunge into the unknown and purchased a Stribog as soon as they became available. Pending a range report, I am really liking this pistol but I do have a couple of concerns.  I am hoping these take-off in popularity making it an attractive platform for aftermarket manufacturers.  More specifically the availability of 922r parts should the Stribog prove itself worthy as an SBR candidate.  

I contacted Eagle Imports and queried the future availability of stocks and 922r parts and they replied as follows:
“No, we will not be selling stocks or any 922R compliant parts. We will only be selling the basic parts, such as the magazines and adapter”.

Disassembly: Push pins are a little tight, more about that below. Rear cap has a very nice snug fit to the receiver and needs just a light tap with a rubber mallet for removal. Buffer pads at the rear tend to bind a little in the housing so the bolt assembly will not slide out unless you pull on the buffer while pulling back on the charging handle at the same time. I assume a little lube on the perimeter of the buffer pads or at the rear of the housing will fix that.    

Upon initial inspection I noticed the front side of the rear sight appeared a little rough then realized after looking at the front sight the ramp or stop had sheared off.  I imagine it looked similar to the stop on the front site pictured for reference.  I contacted Eagle Imports about this and unfortunately they do not have any parts available yet so they will be sending a new sight when available.  Plastic sights that can break are an obvious concern but I plan on taking advantage of the top rail and will be mounting a red dot.

Front Sight

My second concern is lower push pin set-up. At first glance it appeared the rear push pin broke through the housing but what looked like a break is just basically a stepped portion of the lower housing where it meets the upper receiver.  This could have been designed better.  In the second picture here you can see how the pin breaks that diameter in the housing on both sides. Housing material just above the pin measures 0.082” thick which seems a little thin. Hopefully this holds up and doesn’t wallow out after time. The bright spot here is if the lower does need to be replaced it can as the upper is the serialized/registered portion.  

The lower pins have two sets of grooves that engage a wire retainer that simply slips into the housing. These wire retainers apply quite a bit of tension to the pin. I was not able to push the pins out by hand or at least I couldn’t get them to budge by hand.  Use of a punch and small dead blow mallet did the trick. It didn’t take much effort to break them loose; it was just a matter of quick tap to get the pin retention groove past the wire retainer. You can also see in these pics that the lower housing is symmetrical in design meaning you can move the retainers to the left side of the lower (installed in right side from factory) if you wish to push the pins out from right to left.

Rear

Front

Upper receiver assembly: Very clean machining, fit and finish. Bolt travels the length of the receiver very smoothly.   The upper looks similar to the B&T GMH9 and APC9 but the noticeable difference are the screws used to assemble the B&T uppers.  Grand Power uses a barrel nut to assemble the upper creating a much cleaner look.  

Bolt

Buffer:  Two buffer pads attach via the pins shown here.

Bolt Hold Open/Release
Somewhat of a different design, an ambi bolt hold open/release straddles the outside of the lower receiver and is held in place by the front pin.

Tension spring for BHO

Last round bolt hold open

Trigger Group
As you can see here, the trigger group appears to be a self contained unit that slips into the lower housing. I wanted to remove the trigger group for pics but I couldn't immediately see how to remove the safety selector.  I need to take a closer look at that.  

Mag Release

I just purchased the brace adapter and a Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 2 brace hoping it is compatible with their brace adapter. We'll find out soon.  
Looking forward to taking this to the range and will report out then.

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:14:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evintos] [#1]
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mchgnxj24:

Scorpion lower!!!! Lots of prayers to the Gun Gods answered here. If they can keep it at the ~$200-250 price point, like their Bren lowers, I’m absolutely in.

Scorpion Mag Lower
View Quote

I did preliminary design of a Skorpion Stribog lower for a previous employer in fall of 2019, but we/they never went anywhere with it.  As an engineer, I feel vindicated that they couldn't come up with a more attractive forward magwell profile solution for this design challenge than I could --it's unavoidably ugly out front, there.  My design used an exaggerated flare lip/finger hook to try & make it look nicer, mostly unsuccessfully.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Me too.  I'm not too keen on the composite materials, but for a couple hundred $$, I'll give it a shot.  If one of them announces an aluminum version, I'll be holding off for that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

I'm pretty excited about this

Me too.  I'm not too keen on the composite materials, but for a couple hundred $$, I'll give it a shot.  If one of them announces an aluminum version, I'll be holding off for that.

FWIW, the factory Stribog lower's materials aren't worth writing home about, either.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Evintos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHq9oIIJbAb/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Lingle Scorpion mag lower prototype test video.

View Quote

Awesome; a curved mag is the last thing the gun needed to look like something wielded by an 80's Saturday morning cartoon henchman
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By barnbwt:

FWIW, the factory Stribog lower's materials aren't worth writing home about, either.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

I'm pretty excited about this

I agree, but it has held up well. That being said, I would absolutely prefer aluminum.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#6]

I did preliminary design of a Skorpion Stribog lower for a previous employer in fall of 2019, but we/they never went anywhere with it.  As an engineer, I feel vindicated that they couldn't come up with a more attractive forward magwell profile solution for this design challenge than I could --it's unavoidably ugly out front, there.  My design used an exaggerated flare lip/finger hook to try & make it look nicer, mostly unsuccessfully.
View All Quotes

Scorpion lower!!!! Lots of prayers to the Gun Gods answered here. If they can keep it at the ~$200-250 price point, like their Bren lowers, I’m absolutely in.

Scorpion Mag Lower

Yep, it sure as hell is ugly. Manufacturing it in black may help, but not much. A3 Tactical(you?) is slightly better... not by much. though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Yep, it sure as hell is ugly. Manufacturing it in black may help, but not much. A3 Tactical(you?) is slightly better... not by much. though.
View Quote

Color adjusted image - Courtesy of D.L. on the Stribog FB group.

Link Posted: 11/17/2020 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Color adjusted image - Courtesy of D.L. on the Stribog FB group.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/125491510_10113525552431535_1791468698294123296_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=PAf4UB46040AX_1F0wd&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=68313f3e982d6b92b33dabee0b075744&oe=5FD97BF1

Better...still looks like someone proned the mag too hard and kinked the magwell
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Not terrible, but it will probably look better with a Zhukov.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Not terrible, but it will probably look better with a Zhukov.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Any chance this scorpion mag lower uses an AR-15 FCG?
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By BuickDan:
View Quote

I'm guessing that was one of the 3 main objectives for creating a new lower.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 6:03:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DSArms_FAL] [#13]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 5:56:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bob9181] [#14]
Originally Posted By DSArms_FAL:
I just received 3 A1s from joe bobs. 1 came in a different case and has a straight trigger. It appears there are some rolling changes in the stribog a1 line.
View Quote

Why did you buy 3 if I may ask btw? Are you an FFL? Also, are you the real DSA Arms who make the FAL in IL. The manufacturer? If so, glad to have you here :)
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 5:57:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bob9181] [#15]
..deleted...
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:36:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DSArms_FAL] [#16]
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I mean, the original does, so...
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 11:43:07 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Per their

Link and information copied and pasted from their website and instagram post.
https://lingleindustries.com/stribog-scorpion-lower/

THE SCORPOIN STRIBOG LOWER WILL BE RELEASED IN EARLY DECEMBER!

The Scorpoin Stribog Lower uses most Scorpion Evo Magazines and magazine releases as well as AR trigger groups, grips and safety selectors.

***This lower is not a firearm and does NOT need to be shipped to an FFL***

Recommended Trigger List - .280" or less is recommended.
MANUFACTURERMODELHAMMER WIDTH (in.)
Grand PowerFactory.205"
AmericanAR Gold.209"
CMCFlat.206"
ELFMatch Pro SE.250"
GeisseleS3G.202"
GeisseleSD/SSA/G2.198"
JPERoller.199"
KE ArmsSLT2.250"
LaRue TacticalMBT-2.197"
Rise Armament .248"

*Note: Not all magazines are compatable with this lower.  Magpul magazines are recommended as they fit and feed reliably.  Factory CZ Scorpion magazines are not compatable with this lower due to the (Note: This portion grabbed from their instagram post https://www.instagram.com/p/CH38IyvJObP/ Factory scorpion and PSA AKV, mags do not fit with the factory BHO, Factory CZ mags shown in pics 2, 4 and 5. They are too wide to fit inside the BHO but they feed very reliably. The last image shows a modified @hb_industries BHO opened up slightly and all mags function with the BHO flawlessly.) .

Features:
- Utilizes Factory Last Round Bolt Hold Open.
- Optional Strike Industires Magazine release installed.
- Compatiable with most AR trigger groups and grips.
- Compatiable with most CZ Scorpion magazine releases.
- Typical lead time is 1 week.
- Made from Nylon, dyed and shotpeened for additional strength.  Produced by Multi Jet Fusion or MJF.

Upgraded takedown pins can be purchased from:
https://inleadwetrust.com/product/stribog-takedown-pins/
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#19]
My A3 was in the range of serial numbers that required a recall. I just got my bolt and locking block back and it doesn't even function now, pulling the charging handle is impossible. I've had a $1900 paperweight for almost a month now. Pisses me off to no end.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By HitTheForwardAssist:
My A3 was in the range of serial numbers that required a recall. I just got my bolt and locking block back and it doesn't even function now, pulling the charging handle is impossible. I've had a $1900 paperweight for almost a month now. Pisses me off to no end.
View Quote

$1250 paper weight here.
Haven't fired a single round.
Waiting on my RMA label authorization...whatever it is.
So, waiting to wait.

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 5:23:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HitTheForwardAssist:
View Quote

Originally Posted By HK45USER:

$1250 paper weight here.
Haven't fired a single round.
Waiting on my RMA label authorization...whatever it is.
So, waiting to wait.

View Quote

Wait!! You guys saying the newer version released in the past few days which are advertised as 'new bolt' and other parts are not working? These are being heavily advertised on gunzonedeals/gunprodeals.com

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:38:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: N_Parker] [#22]
Received my A3 recall/upgrade parts. Brand new pistol never fired.  Wishing I had never sent in my parts now.

I sent my roller in with the original bolt and locker and they didn't send it back.  

New bolt does not have any engraving like the original bolt.

Surface finish and machining on the new locker looks like crap.

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Per their

The Scorpoin Stribog Lower uses most Scorpion Evo Magazines and magazine releases as well as AR trigger groups, grips and safety selectors.

Grand PowerFactory.205"
AmericanAR Gold.209"
CMCFlat.206"
ELFMatch Pro SE.250"
GeisseleS3G.202"
GeisseleSD/SSA/G2.198"
JPERoller.199"
KE ArmsSLT2.250"
LaRue TacticalMBT-2.197"
Rise Armament .248"

*Note: Not all magazines are compatable with this lower.  Magpul magazines are recommended as they fit and feed reliably.  Factory CZ Scorpion magazines are not compatable with this lower due to the (Note: This portion grabbed from their instagram post https://www.instagram.com/p/CH38IyvJObP/ Factory scorpion and PSA AKV, mags do not fit with the factory BHO, Factory CZ mags shown in pics 2, 4 and 5. They are too wide to fit inside the BHO but they feed very reliably. The last image shows a modified @hb_industries BHO opened up slightly and all mags function with the BHO flawlessly.) .

Features:
- Made from Nylon, dyed and shotpeened for additional strength.  Produced by Multi Jet Fusion or MJF.

View All Quotes

Per their

Grand PowerFactory.205"
AmericanAR Gold.209"
CMCFlat.206"
ELFMatch Pro SE.250"
GeisseleS3G.202"
GeisseleSD/SSA/G2.198"
JPERoller.199"
KE ArmsSLT2.250"
LaRue TacticalMBT-2.197"
Rise Armament .248"

Features:

Shot peening plastic makes it stronger?  Learn something new every day.  Props for calling it Nylon and not "polyamide."
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By N_Parker:
Received my A3 recall/upgrade parts. Brand new pistol never fired.  Wishing I had never sent in my parts now.

I sent my roller in with the original bolt and locker and they didn't send it back.  

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/924/72VLcR.jpg
View Quote

Thought for sure I would have heard back From Global by now on my missing roller and some comment on the condition of the locker I received but nothing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By bob9181:

Wait!! You guys saying the newer version released in the past few days which are advertised as 'new bolt' and other parts are not working? These are being heavily advertised on gunzonedeals/gunprodeals.com

View Quote

My new bolt and locking block are not working. Not to mention it looks ugly as hell. I'm tired of having a paperweight in my safe. I'm still waiting on a replacement for my replacement.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:41:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#26]
I picked-up a new A1 version with side folding Brace a few weeks ago.  It's ran 100% with CCI 115 gr. & my 124 gr. reloads.  This was using 30's & 20 round mags.  Mine seems to be extremely accurate.  Not sure if I prefer it over my Scorpions?  I'll have to go shoot them side by side.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 2:49:38 AM EDT
[#27]
from the sound of it the A1 gen 2 with the new mags is most reliable?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:26:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
View Quote

Mine has been flawless
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Colt mag lower for more of the UMP40/45 look.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#30]

THAT is the one I've been waiting for. I'm heavily invested in the Scorpion platform, but I hate the way the magazines look with the Stribog... the Colt mags seem to fit better aesthetically.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
View Quote

Sadly true!
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 5:55:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Are the gen 3's worth it?

My FFL has 2 in stock gen 2's for $675. He has 10 gen 3's coming in next week. But the gen 3's are in the upper $900 price .  Bothe the ven 2 and 3 are pistol, no brace.

I have been looking at the stribog and the scorpion to do a SBR suppressor host.

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:29:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bradley5050] [#33]
Originally Posted By Snert:

My FFL has 2 in stock gen 2's for $675. He has 10 gen 3's coming in next week. But the gen 3's are in the upper $900 price .  Both the Gen 2 and 3 are pistol, no brace.

I have been looking at the stribog and the scorpion to do a SBR suppressor host.

View Quote

There are 3 basic variations of the A1 that I have seen. (1) was the original imported by Eagle and has a reciprocating charging handle and a 2 rod recoil assembly.  (2) has a non-reciprocating charging handle and a 2 rod recoil assembly.  (3) has a non-reciprocating charging handle and a new design with a larger single recoil rod assembly.  Version (3) design changes introduced "spent cases bouncing back behind the bolt" failures.

I consider (2) the apex of design at this point in terms of reliability.  This is the version that made the Stribog a star in the market.

If I had to choose, I would choose (2) first, but an A3 over A1 version (3), since both have the weakness of the newer single rod design, but the A3 has softer recoil.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Global Ordinance wanted me to send my A3 in so they could ensure it will not be fucked up anymore. Hopefully it comes back soon.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#35]

I guess the only question is "which mag is more reliable with the Stribog"?
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 4:40:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: N_Parker] [#36]
Originally Posted By Bradley5050:

There are 3 basic variations of the A1 that I have seen. (1) was the original imported by Eagle and has a reciprocating charging handle and a 2 rod recoil assembly.  (2) has a non-reciprocating charging handle and a 2 rod recoil assembly.  (3) has a non-reciprocating charging handle and a new design with a larger single recoil rod assembly.  Version (3) design changes introduced "spent cases bouncing back behind the bolt" failures.

I consider (2) the apex of design at this point in terms of reliability.  This is the version that made the Stribog a star in the market.

If I had to choose, I would choose (2) first, but an A3 over A1 version (3), since both have the weakness of the newer single rod design, but the A3 has softer recoil.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bradley5050:

My FFL has 2 in stock gen 2's for $675. He has 10 gen 3's coming in next week. But the gen 3's are in the upper $900 price .  Both the Gen 2 and 3 are pistol, no brace.

A1 version 1 can easily be converted to non reciprocating with the HBI kit.   So A1 versions 1 or 2 are both good to go.  Reports of A1 version 3 have been hit and miss.  My A1 version 1 is what started this thread and it has been rock solid.  

Sorely disappointed with my A3 at the moment. I never even had a chance to shoot it prior to sending in my parts.  Global never returned the roller and no replies to my e-mails.  $1k paperweight at the moment.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#37]

I just received an in stock alert from Joe Bobs

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Grand-Power-Stribog-SP9A3-Roller-Delayed-9MM-8-30-p/gun-stribog-sp9a3.htm
View Quote

A grand? I thought these were $699?
Not that I’ve paid attention in two years, admittedly
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 9:58:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#38]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

A grand? I thought these were $699?
Not that I’ve paid attention in two years, admittedly
View Quote

A1 Blowback $699 vs A3 roller delayed $1000
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#39]

A1 version 1 can easily be converted to non reciprocating with the HBI kit.   So A1 versions 1 or 2 are both good to go.  Reports of A1 version 3 have been hit and miss.  My A1 version 1 is what started this thread and it has been rock solid.  

Sorely disappointed with my A3 at the moment. I never even had a chance to shoot it prior to sending in my parts.  Global never returned the roller and no replies to my e-mails.  $1k paperweight at the moment.
View Quote

That is so irritating.  I wonder if they are heavily under water between filling non bog related orders and handling the recall.  I ordered a mag a week or two ago that hasn't shipped yet.  I've been pretty disappointed how they handled the whole recall in general.  Very little information, no option to retain the original locking block, no factory markings on the replacement parts, and missing parts/nonfunctional parts being sent back out.  My BOG was flawless before and now I'm regretting swapping my parts out.  Still have to test it with the new parts, hopefully no issues there.  It's really sad, it went from one of my favorite guns to a cautionary tale.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 1:47:50 AM EDT
[#40]
I am waiting patiently for the first company to come out with an aluminum Stribog lower that: takes Uzi or Colt magazines and takes AR grips/triggers/safety selectors. I know I’m not the only one waiting. Not really interested in the Scorpion magazine lowers.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
I am waiting patiently for the first company to come out with an aluminum Stribog lower that: takes Uzi or Colt magazines and takes AR grips/triggers/safety selectors. I know I’m not the only one waiting. Not really interested in the Scorpion magazine lowers.
View Quote

Yep, the Glock and Scorpion mag lowers do not interest me.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Has anyone tried the Stribog Drum mag from F5 Manufacturing?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:02:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mr_Maim] [#43]

View Quote
@N_Parker

How would you have done it differently? I see that there are two choices: send in the parts or send in the gun.

Sitting here with an unfired A3 whose serial number is within the recall range.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:39:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Mr_Maim:
@N_Parker

How would you have done it differently? I see that there are two choices: send in the parts or send in the gun.

View Quote

I'm in the same situation, wanting to see what others experience before I jump in.

I know how the internet tends to magnify issues that only a few have experienced, but how many A3 owners have had the recall done and are happy with theirs?

Anyone wish they had just kept the old parts and watch their receivers closely instead of doing the voluntary upgrade?

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 7:10:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: N_Parker] [#45]
@N_Parker

View All Quotes

@N_Parker

3rd Choice: Honesty I think I would have taken my lumps and and sold the pistol as received with the original parts and let the new owner make that decision.  

Global Ordnance FINALLY responded to my 3rd email after two + weeks noting my missing roller was in the mail.

In that response Global Ordnance DID NOT comment about the condition of the new locker. Completely ignored the locker concerns addressed in the email with the same image below.  I responded to their email asking them to address the locker concerns and crickets once again.

Where will they be a year from now if that locker trashes out???

And if it does trash out, does it take the roller and bolt with it? Is there any guarantee the new parts won't crack or damage the receiver rails like some have reported?

Still too many unknowns for me which takes me back to the first point above or 3rd choice, I would have sold it and let someone else make that decision about a $1k purchase.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn. Thanks for the reply. Not what I wanted to hear.

To clarify: you sent in your bolt, locking block, and locking block pin, and did not receive a locking block pin replacement?

I have an A1. My son waited for and bought an A3 and now he is justifiably pissed off about the gun.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#47]
In other news. Has anyone tried one of these drums?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/886367160

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Damn. Thanks for the reply. Not what I wanted to hear.

To clarify: you sent in your bolt, locking block, and locking block pin, and did not receive a locking block pin replacement?
View Quote

Correct
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#49]

Pass... I have had my own issues with F5 drums and others have reported issues as well on the FB page.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#50]

My FFL has 2 in stock gen 2's for $675. He has 10 gen 3's coming in next week. But the gen 3's are in the upper $900 price .  Bothe the ven 2 and 3 are pistol, no brace.

View Quote

@Snert

i have a gen 3 for sale in the EE with a brace and 5 new metal mags. If you're unable to find one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 74
Top Top