Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2018 3:08:16 PM EDT
I have searched and can't find anything area these good to go or complete junk?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
JUNK

Lol. Check the CZ forums, everyone loves them. $699 New if you look around. Slap a brace on it. g2g from what I hear.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You searched?  Seriously?  Look a few threads down on this page
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh...   JMHO...

I had to be a dumbass and have mine 1st or as soon as I could get my lil grubby hands on one, so I paid too much I'm thinking I paid like 900.00. I should have waited, lesson learned...

Within the 1st 200 rounds the trigger spring somehow fucked itself and it would not function...  A friend and I  were able to take it apart and put it back the way it was supposed to be and it worked mostly since...

As a Pistol it pretty much sucks.
As an SBR it gets a lot more fun, add a Can and even more fun...

I think stocks were over priced, but are starting to be available and come down to more reasonable prices...
I think more folks are starting to make things for it now like rails, drums, grips, mag releases, triggers and other internal parts.
922r kinda sucks to deal with, when trying to Form 1 it...  JMO, YMMV and all that...

I've never got to fire a 9mm AR, but I'm kind of wishing I'd have put my money towards one of those that take Glock mags, since I have so many...

I don't hate the gun at all, I kinda dig it, I'm just no where as happy with it as I thought I would be, before I bought it...   I'm hoping if I ever get it SBR'ed my outlook will change.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I just recently got mine, I put a sbt tactical brace, changed the grip and safety.I put a primary arms dot on it and I shot it today, ran like a champ.

Link Posted: 1/26/2018 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#5]
They are fantastic.  i have a pistol and a rifle carbine.   Both are great.   I added the factory folding cheekpiece with the Tailhook on it and it looks awesome.  Best brace out there for the scorpion.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Seriously? You cant find the 194 page mega-thread 5 posts down?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seriously? You cant find the 194 page mega-thread 5 posts down?
View Quote
when I searched cz scorpion issues on google no....
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Coincidence?  Two “different” people from NC having search issues?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#9]
There’s like a 200 page thread that’s always on the top of this section.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
A little late to the party but nevertheless, come and join us Scorpion gang

I got two, a pistol and a carbine.  Pistol is more fun but carbine is more stable for PCC game.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
They are GTG. Take an hour or 2 and sit down and read the Scorp thread everyone is referring to...can't miss it!
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:42:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's 2018 and you can't find anyone talking about the scorpion evo?
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 12:50:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
@tallanm
Here is a one hundred and ninety four page thread on the CZ Scorpion a blind man could find if he just scrolled down a few threads..
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Man...you guys are harsh
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I think they are the most reliable PCC. They are used in actual duty use. They are priced right.

They also recoil the most. Yea 9mm but with the blowback design probably recoils more than an AR15 in 556. Makes it not as popular for competition but for having fun, home defense or whatever there’s probably not a better choice.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#16]
You must have not looked very hard
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#17]
You probably won't be able to see the targets with it...

They are GTG, a shit ton of fun, cheap to shoot, and easy to customize.

SBR, stock, grip, springs, trigger, charging handle, US threads and tri-lug.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Possibly the most fun gun I own, and a big hit with everyone that tries it!

Mine has been 100% reliable through 1000+ rounds of suppressed, unsuppressed, and various ammo brands.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Seems the only real issue with Evos has been cracked feed lips on mags. It’s not happened to me, and CZ seems to be good about replacing them. Factory mags are SUPER cheap and there’s the Manticore reinforced mags too.

Other than that, it seems to be a pretty solid design. Mine is above average in terms of accuracy and recoil in mine is less than my 9mm AR pistol or SUB2K.

Aftermarket support is incredible for a platform that’s not been out for very long. I’d recommend the pistol with a brace, or the carbine.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#21]

I like my carbine.  Picture is a little old, it wears a few different components these days.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 1:12:37 AM EDT
[#22]
It's a solid meh from me. Wish I would have spent the extra on the Mpx
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 1:33:25 AM EDT
[#23]
They run like a top, however, they have the worst trigger ever in a gun, and the grip and safety were not actually designed to fit the human hand. It really feel like they built a prototype gun, then mass produced it instead of holding it, firing it, and refining it. Most of the shortcomings can be fixed with aftermarket parts and some fiddling, bit there really is no excuse for cz letting something so unfinished out the door.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 5:20:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They run like a top, however, they have the worst trigger ever in a gun, and the grip and safety were not actually designed to fit the human hand.
View Quote
Well It was designed for mil not for 3gun competitions..
Same complains are common with real M16.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#25]
If I was going to put an RMR on an EVO what mount would you recommend? I don’t care about absolute cowitnessing. Lower third would be cool I guess.

Trijicon offers the rm33 and rm34. The 33 seems low but wondering if the 34 is too tall?

http://combatopticsreviews.com/trijicon-rmr-mounts/
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If I was going to put an RMR on an EVO what mount would you recommend?
View Quote
Any of the low mounts will work.

I have an RMR on my Scorpion in the LaRue- using the factory side folder (this is important).

You want to preserve the original (correct) sight plane... so if you start slapping on all the downgrades, you could find yourself in a race to the bottom sourcing a too-high optics mount to correct for your aftermarket stock with too much comb height. You could find yourself sourcing aftermarket selector levers- including some truly bizzare designs, to correct for an aftermarket grip with too steep an angle.

The factory Scorpion with all OEM parts is close to perfect- It only goes downhill when you start buying downgrades.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#27]
720 when they came out.  Love it.  Cheap mags.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#28]
About as reliable as an AK.  Atleast 10250 rounds through my pistol , holds half dollar groups at 50 yards, no problems other than a bad box of ammo here and there (umc) . Far more accurate with 124 and 147 than with 115s.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Early on had factory mag problems but those have since gone away, they re-tweaked the molds and the polymer mix. Mostly just use the manticore mags.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If I was going to put an RMR on an EVO what mount would you recommend? I don’t care about absolute cowitnessing. Lower third would be cool I guess.

Trijicon offers the rm33 and rm34. The 33 seems low but wondering if the 34 is too tall?

http://combatopticsreviews.com/trijicon-rmr-mounts/
View Quote
Midwest Industries makes one where the RMR is basically sitting directly on the top rail. I think it's the same height as the CZ branded RMR mount.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They run like a top, however, they have the worst trigger ever in a gun, and the grip and safety were not actually designed to fit the human hand. It really feel like they built a prototype gun, then mass produced it instead of holding it, firing it, and refining it. Most of the shortcomings can be fixed with aftermarket parts and some fiddling, bit there really is no excuse for cz letting something so unfinished out the door.
View Quote
CZ trigger is still better than a lot of other PCCs out there (Storm, Sub2K, TNW ASR).

The angled grip works better to support the weight when it's gripped like a pistol but IMHO that's not how most of us run them. I switched to a more vertical grip with the Paske Pathfinder and I no longer have the safety digging in to my finger.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#32]
There are PLENTY of CZ Scorpion fan boys on here to tell you it is the best thing since sliced bread. It is a cool looking gun with a lot of aftermarket support than can be acquired for a decent price. The reality is with what you need to spend on it to make it better... you would be better off just saving a little more money and buy a higher quality PCC. I've had both the Scorpion pistol and carbine. They are not bad PCCs but when I compare them to the B&Ts... I get buyer's remorse quickly. I just wish the B&Ts would have come to market sooner so I would not have wasted my money on the Scorpions.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:I just wish the B&Ts would have come to market sooner so I would not have wasted my money on the Scorpions.
View Quote
Agreed (a Scorpion and APC9 owner)
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Early on had factory mag problems but those have since gone away, they re-tweaked the molds and the polymer mix. Mostly just use the manticore mags.
View Quote
I have 20 plus oem magazines and I have 20 rounders, old style 30 round and new style 30 magazines all failing.   I have 7 in total including 2 "new" magazines cracking. In my opinion they still have not fixed the issue.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:34:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Maybe I'm not shooting mine enough or dropped the feed lips on cement. The Scorpion magazines are cheap as compared to some other PCC mags. So far I've had no issue with the factory mags. No cracked feed lips. Anyhow If they do 'crack' I think CZ will replace them.

Scorpion factory mag dropped on feed lips 3x
Start at 11:00
New CZ Scorpion Magazines with Steel Feed Lips
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 5:50:23 AM EDT
[#36]
They had some serious issue in the past.
Mine cracked just by sitting loaded in the safe. (Manufactured in 2011 2012 and 2015) But still work just fine LoL. I’ve tried to break them after seeing the crack But they still work.

Quoted:
Maybe I'm not shooting mine enough or dropped the feed lips on cement. The Scorpion magazines are cheap as compared to some other PCC mags. So far I've had no issue with the factory mags. No cracked feed lips. Anyhow If they do 'crack' I think CZ will replace them.

Scorpion factory mag dropped on feed lips 3x
Start at 11:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2oWy5zrNPA
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There are PLENTY of CZ Scorpion fan boys on here to tell you it is the best thing since sliced bread. It is a cool looking gun with a lot of aftermarket support than can be acquired for a decent price. The reality is with what you need to spend on it to make it better... you would be better off just saving a little more money and buy a higher quality PCC. I've had both the Scorpion pistol and carbine. They are not bad PCCs but when I compare them to the B&Ts... I get buyer's remorse quickly. I just wish the B&Ts would have come to market sooner so I would not have wasted my money on the Scorpions.
View Quote
A little unfair comparing a $700 gun to a $2000 gun don't you think?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

A little unfair comparing a $700 gun to a $2000 gun don't you think?
View Quote
The B&T GHM9 is $1300.
APC 9 can be had for $1750 if you try hard.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The B&T GHM9 is $1300.
APC 9 can be had for $1750 if you try hard.
View Quote
The scorpion is still less than half of either...

The comparison of a Scorpion to a B&T is like comparing the STI Costa Carry Comp 2011 to a Remington 1911. Vastly different guns at vastly different price points.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#40]
That B&T is nice, but $65 for a mag, ouch.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 1:20:40 AM EDT
[#41]
I like my Evo and you guys can't make me not like it!
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 7:13:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:That B&T is nice, but $65 for a mag, ouch.
View Quote
The new price trickling out is $45, first Lanbo's, next TSHF, and so on.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The scorpion is still less than half of either...

The comparison of a Scorpion to a B&T is like comparing the STI Costa Carry Comp 2011 to a Remington 1911. Vastly different guns at vastly different price points.
View Quote
That's what I thought originally too but after the mods that most people make it's not that far off.
I think these would be the minimum upgrades I would make and they still don't address the trigger at all. I'm not saying it needs it but a lot of people do it and I definitely would.

$700 CZ Scorpion
$320 HB micro handguard and barrel
$50 Yettiwurks  grip
$30 HB Mag release
$28 safety upgrade

$1128 Total

Compare that to a GHM9 for $1358 and you're really not that far apart. The scorpion definitely has the advantage in after market accessories and magazine prices but the gun price is pretty close IMO.
If you're buying the Scorpion and living with it out of the box there is no comparison.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's what I thought originally too but after the mods that most people make it's not that far off.
I think these would be the minimum upgrades I would make and they still don't address the trigger at all. I'm not saying it needs it but a lot of people do it and I definitely would.

$700 CZ Scorpion
$320 HB micro handguard and barrel
$50 Yettiwurks  grip
$30 HB Mag release
$28 safety upgrade

$1128 Total

Compare that to a GHM9 for $1358 and you're really not that far apart. The scorpion definitely has the advantage in after market accessories and magazine prices but the gun price is pretty close IMO.
If you're buying the Scorpion and living with it out of the box there is no comparison.
View Quote
That’s exactly what I was looking at with the scorpion.  Of course I jumped all the way to the APC because I didn’t love the GHM9 and wanted to wait for the compact.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#45]
To echo the above. I got mine years ago and SBRd it right away. With upgrades there is about $1800 in it. That's including a nice light, red dot, stamp, trigger, springs, safety, grip, stock. It's great and I don't regret it but very easy to more than double what you pay for just the pistol (I paid $800 as they were still fairly new to market).
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#46]
A few weeks ago I ordered some 30 round mags for the Scorpion because they were on sale. Then I ordered a bunch of HBI parts and a ILWT "K" barrel. Yesterday my MRO and RMR arrived and I had to order a Scalarworks RMR mount and Geissele MRO mount. My Scorpion still hasn't arrived at my dealer. Just need to order the MI rail and then the Lage stock once the Form 1 clears.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I fucking love mine. Suppressed SBR. Gone shooting with a lot of my friends who were military and they think it's a fuckin blast as well. Haven't had reliability issues.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#48]
One of my favorites to shoot. If you do get one visit HBI industries.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#49]
I love mine in it's current SBR configuration, but out of the box it's kinda meh.

Also chokes on WWB ammo, but eats any other ammo like candy.  Pretty dang accurate and fun as well.  Hope to get into some USPSA with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top