Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 38
Posted: 1/4/2018 2:41:37 PM EDT
I just picked up my Grasshopper Mouse yesterday and I have a few questions.

1. Has anybody Form 1'd it yet?
2. Are you running a red dot on it? If so, which one?
3. What height of mount are you using with the red dot and what sight picture is your set up giving you?
4. Are you using the factory sights to co-witness or another brand?

Looking to mount an Aimpoint T1-2moa dot with a low mount. My concern is, is it going to be high enough? I really don't want to lay my head down on it just to use the optic.
Here is the picture of my GHM9
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By scarshooter:

3. What height of mount are you using with the red dot and what sight picture is your set up giving you?

Looking to mount an Aimpoint T1-2moa dot with a low mount. My concern is, is it going to be high enough? I really don't want to lay my head down on it just to use the optic.
https://i.imgur.com/bZQxd9D.jpg
View Quote
I do not have a GHM9 yet, but I did just spend the day shooting one along with my APC9, P26, MPX and Scorpion to determine if I was going to get one or not. I will be.

1. Yes, his was SBR’d.
2. Yes, he is running a T-2 with a low mount. I run a RMR in a low mount on my P26 and Scorpion so we tried one on his GHM9. I could go either way, the  RMR appeared to sit lower than with the T-2 but not so much lower that I felt uncomfortable. He thought the RMR gave him a better cheek weld.
3. He uses an ADM low mount (AD-T1-L I think) for the T-2, I use the Larue LT837 for the RMR. I’m not 100% sure which mount he had, but it was ADM and it was just as low as my LT661 mount.
4. He uses the factor backup sights but with the T-2 he does not co-witness.

I did not feel like I needed a taller mount on the GHM9.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 3:41:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#2]
Originally Posted By scarshooter:

https://i.imgur.com/bZQxd9D.jpg
View Quote
I run Aimpoint Micro's on all my B&Ts in a low mount and it works fine IMO, though I don't co-witness. BUIS are strictly "back up" for me. On my Kh9 I put Bobro low profile BUIS for the sleek looks more than necessity.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 12:50:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Just picked mine up, in for any info on braces. I am using a low geisselle mount with a Holosun, perfect cowitnes with the factory sights but have not fired
it.I will probably have to play with the dot positioning or get a different mount. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Military arms channel posted a pic on their site with a collapsible stock and tailhook brace. I contacted gear head works and they said that configuration will come directly from B&T after SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I cut a factory stock and used techsmithmfg adapter for the tailhook. I haven't decided what red dot to get for this yet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By patswin3:
I cut a factory stock and used techsmithmfg adapter for the tailhook. I haven't decided what red dot to get for this yet.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82995/IMG_3423-413516.JPG
View Quote
Looks great. What is the LOP of this config.?
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By patswin3:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82995/IMG_3423-413516.JPG
View Quote
Thank you! Just what I was looking for, plus they have a version with the adaptor installed. That looks excellent.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:48:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patswin3] [#8]
Originally Posted By robar300:

Looks great. What is the LOP of this config.?  
View Quote
Lop is about 13.5
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By michealj:

I do not have a GHM9 yet, but I did just spend the day shooting one along with my APC9, P26, MPX and Scorpion to determine if I was going to get one or not. I will be.

1. Yes, his was SBR'd.
2. Yes, he is running a T-2 with a low mount. I run a RMR in a low mount on my P26 and Scorpion so we tried one on his GHM9. I could go either way, the  RMR appeared to sit lower than with the T-2 but not so much lower that I felt uncomfortable. He thought the RMR gave him a better cheek weld.
3. He uses an ADM low mount (AD-T1-L I think) for the T-2, I use the Larue LT837 for the RMR. I'm not 100% sure which mount he had, but it was ADM and it was just as low as my LT661 mount.
4. He uses the factor backup sights but with the T-2 he does not co-witness.

I did not feel like I needed a taller mount on the GHM9.
View Quote
Awesome, thanks for your response and information.

Since posting, I have managed to get my hands on a GHM9 that my FFL/SOT had with the factory stock and an Aimpoint T1. I liked the setup, but the stock didn't want to lock into place. So I am a bit hesitant to F1 mine at this time. I am waiting for Shot Show and see what other solutions present themselves. I have a funny feeling that B&T is going to be around for a while and only gaining in popularity. Here's hoping.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 1:01:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scarshooter] [#10]
Originally Posted By HUFFCHAD:
Military arms channel posted a pic on their site with a collapsible stock and tailhook brace. I contacted gear head works and they said that configuration will come directly from B&T after SHOT.
View Quote
@HUFFCHAD Was that on Instagram?
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's a couple pics from MAC's FB

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Now that's a brace that would stop me from SBRing something! Most braces IMO look like a stray dog took a dump on the back of the gun, but I'd definitely buy that setup.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bestiller:
Now that's a brace that would stop me from SBRing something! Most braces IMO look like a stray dog took a dump on the back of the gun, but I'd definitely buy that setup.
View Quote
For me it’s always been SBR everything, then I saw that post from Tim and read that the brace will be available from B&T. When I get my GHM9, it may stay a pistol.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#14]

For me it’s always been SBR everything, then I saw that post from Tim and read that the brace will be available from B&T. When I get my GHM9, it may stay a pistol.
View Quote
I don’t know if you guys have checked yet, but that stock from B&T is almost $700.  Expect the brace to be near that, plus the extra $120 for the tailhook.  $820 for a brace is a tough pill to swallow...
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Pmbspyder:

I don’t know if you guys have checked yet, but that stock from B&T is almost $700.  Expect the brace to be near that, plus the extra $120 for the tailhook.  $820 for a brace is a tough pill to swallow...
View Quote
Some of us want the best and are willing to pay for it. These will sell... I'd be game for one or two of them myself. We can always sell them at a discount after the tax stamp comes back and recoup a decent amount of our investment. Like everything else in life... you have to pay to play and the best stuff don't come cheap.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dirtyharriett:

Some of us want the best and are willing to pay for it. These will sell... I'd be game for one or two of them myself. We can always sell them at a discount after the tax stamp comes back and recoup a decent amount of our investment. Like everything else in life... you have to pay to play and the best stuff don't come cheap.
View Quote
To each his own, but I'd be willing to bet you'd be in the very very small minority of people who would put an $820 brace on a $1200 gun.  But yeah, it's definitely the best looking option.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:39:08 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
The current collapsible stock from B&T is for the APC9/45. The reason it’s so expensive is because the hydraulic buffer assembly is part of the stock. For the GHM9, the buffer is part of the bolt so the collapsible stock only needs a new end plate assembly and not the buffer assembly. I’m sure it’s not going to be cheap, but it may not cost as much as the APC9/45 stock. Regardless of price, I will run mine with the brace.
I’ve been known to eat bologna sandwiches and fried eggs for months at a time in order to save for what I want.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#18]

The current collapsible stock from B&T is for the APC9/45. The reason it’s so expensive is because the hydraulic buffer assembly is part of the stock. For the GHM9, the buffer is part of the bolt so the collapsible stock only needs a new end plate assembly and not the buffer assembly. I’m sure it’s not going to be cheap, but it may not cost as much as the APC9/45 stock. Regardless of price, I will run mine with the brace.
I’ve been known to eat bologna sandwiches and fried eggs for months at a time in order to save for what I want.
View Quote
lol I like the determination.  And I hope I'm wrong, sounds like you know the platform better than I do.  Hell I'd be a buyer if it was sub mid $3...
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 1:08:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I’m down for two of the new braces. I just secured 4x Suomi coffin 50rd mags for my KH9!
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#20]
wow that looks great.

Everything I've read about the GHM9 has been extremely positive, I may have to pick one up now.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#21]
B&T GHM9 9mm Pistol with Tailhook Brace!
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I really thought I would be content with my TP9.......

damn you all
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Any word on whether this brace will fit the TP9 as well?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By mak0:
Any word on whether this brace will fit the TP9 as well?
View Quote
The sliding brace won't work on the tp9.

Also, Tim said in that vid that the sliding brace will be $600-$700. I guess it isn't too bad considering I've got half that in my brace.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By FADALdude:
I really thought I would be content with my TP9.......

damn you all
View Quote
I know.   Now I've got a GHM and KH9....
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#26]
I may be in a position to pick up an APC9 or a GHM9.  I will not be able to suppress it or sbr it.  It will likely stay a pistol for a while.  Outside of the cost difference, is there a benefit to one or the other?  I know the secondary buffer spring is in a different location, but other than that I just prefer the way the APC9 looks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By fourxfour:
I may be in a position to pick up an APC9 or a GHM9.  I will not be able to suppress it or sbr it.  It will likely stay a pistol for a while.  Outside of the cost difference, is there a benefit to one or the other?  I know the secondary buffer spring is in a different location, but other than that I just prefer the way the APC9 looks.
View Quote
Honestly, they are so similar you can’t go wrong with either. I think the folding stock for the APC9 is more comfortable once it’s SBR’d than the wire stock of the GHM9. I did not like the collapsible stock for the APC9, but I do like the way the collapsible brace for the GHM9 looks. The GHM9 backup sights are significantly better than the APC9 sights.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Is there anything new on the GHM9's supposed problem with cycling hollow points? Last I heard was that B&T was addressing it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 8:45:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pmbspyder] [#29]
Originally Posted By bestiller:i
Is there anything new on the GHM9's supposed problem with cycling hollow points? Last I heard was that B&T was addressing it.
View Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnEk9PkMu84

@bestiller Doesn't seem to be an issue...

Sorry, can't figure out how to post video...
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Honestly, they are so similar you can’t go wrong with either. I think the folding stock for the APC9 is more comfortable once it’s SBR’d than the wire stock of the GHM9. I did not like the collapsible stock for the APC9, but I do like the way the collapsible brace for the GHM9 looks. The GHM9 backup sights are significantly better than the APC9 sights.
View Quote
Thank you!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bestiller:i

B&T got a handle on that issue in a hurry. That's awesome. B&T is top notch. Thanks for posting
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#32]
The stock options for the GHM9 are what keeps me from getting one.
That slider looks a lot nicer than the folder.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#33]
I have the APC9 as well as the Kh9, P26, and TP9 and I too was skeptical of the "wire stock", but I actually really like it. The compactness of it , the length of pull and it's far sturdier than it appears.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#34]
And now a compact model!
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/15/breaking-news-bt-ghm9-compact/
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:46:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dirtyharriett] [#37]
I was on the fence about picking up a GHM9 since I already have the APC9 and plan on getting the SD. After seeing the GHM9 compact... if they bring this to the states... I am definitely game for this one.

edit... If B&T keeps this up... I will never be able to retire...
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm still on the fence between the APC9, and the GHM9. I was set on the APC9, but the recent SB Tactical brace setup on the GHM9 looks VERY promising. It will be my first PCC, and I plan on suppressing it with a Deadair Wolf.

Does the APC9 offer any tangible benefits for the increased price?
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
Compact is nice but, I would prefer to see more stock options and some better sights. Other than that I like my gun a lot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Ugh, guess I'm going to have to buy one of these now that they have that sliding brace option.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Could care less about the short barrel, but I like the look of that stock!  Think it will work with my P26?  Are they importing that, too?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like that wasn’t supposed to be up yet.  Link worked earlier, now the post date on google says “in 2 days”.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By BS68280:
Looks like that wasn’t supposed to be up yet.  Link worked earlier, now the post date on google says “in 2 days”.
View All Quotes
Looks like it's up on the website.

https://www.bt-ag.ch/shop/eng/bt-ghm9-2/bt-semi-automatic-carbine-ghm9-compact-cal-9-x-1-bt-450006
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Top_Secret:

https://www.bt-ag.ch/shop/eng/bt-ghm9-2/bt-semi-automatic-carbine-ghm9-compact-cal-9-x-1-bt-450006
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Top_Secret:

Odd that this has 1/2x28 threads instead of a three lug or at least they shoulda went w the mp5 navy setup.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Wildbill990:

Odd that this has 1/2x28 threads instead of a three lug or at least they shoulda went w the mp5 navy setup.
View Quote
Yeah, I agree... I was a little disappointed by that too but not enough to stop me from still wanting one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 12:23:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob21SF] [#46]
Originally Posted By dirtyharriett:

View Quote
AMEN!  Buy once cry once!

B&T firearms are like potato chips...you can't stop at one!
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By bestiller:
I have the APC9 as well as the Kh9, P26, and TP9 and I too was skeptical of the "wire stock", but I actually really like it. The compactness of it , the length of pull and it's far sturdier than it appears.
View Quote
It'a slick stock.

It probably makes a lot of sense for officers transitioning to MP5s with sliding stocks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#48]
This place is going to cost me a lot of money in the near future..................I was leaning toward one of the new Scorpion compact pistols with brace, but I really like this one a lot..............collapsible or folding brace. Probably going to have to sell something to fund it.............
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By TheNuge:
View Quote
Damn that Tailhook brace fits that gun very nicely...
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#50]
PSA... Scott at THSF is getting in FIVE more Gen 2 GHM9's in tomorrow and they will be $1326. There isn't a better B&T dealer out there and he is really great to work with. These five gen 2 GHM9's won't last long so you guys had better hurry.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top