Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2020 9:25:37 AM EDT
I've reached out to them via email with no reply.  Looking at other options for the safe room.  Thought about making a wooden rack and have not completely decided against it.   Wanting something simple for several long guns and a few pistols.  Needs to be wall hung.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but this company has options.

Hold up displays
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
They have some gun mounts, etc. that they apparently make for the Akro-Mils louvered panels. You can buy the specialty items from them and the panels and bins from Akro.

https://www.secureitgunstorage.com/gun-walls-rooms/

https://akro-mils.com/Products/Types/Cabinets-Racks-Shelving-Panels/Louvered-Systems

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Yeah, I love these, but I would definitely buy the panels and bins from someone other than SecureIt, but they do have a number of unique pistol and rifle mounting solutions for that grid. You'll pay the price for them, but it will be pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've reached out to them via email with no reply.  Looking at other options for the safe room.  Thought about making a wooden rack and have not completely decided against it.   Wanting something simple for several long guns and a few pistols.  Needs to be wall hung.
View Quote

You are not the only one. 5 times in the last year and no reply to any.  Really sad as i was looking to get a cabinet or 2..
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
@FIRE310

Is that a Snap Safe Vault Door? If it is how do you like it?
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#7]
@CFDFFEMT

It is, its the larger size of their doors. The room is a concrete and rebar "storm room" in the basement so I needed a door that allowed the gun vault to double as a storm room door. I wanted in swing and ability to open from inside the room once locked, this met those things. I do wish it was fire rated however I took inside panel off and put some fire rated durock inside to help alittle. This concrete room is off the main foot print of house so in event of fire there is hope it would be better than a room in middle of the basement.  

The door fit right in my concrete opening, youll need two guys. I ditched the lag bolts they sent with door as they are for installing in wood frame. I used red head concrete anchors in sides and top. All in all I like the door, easy to operate, zero problems so far with the electronic key pad and it has a key over ride in event the electronics go down. Ease of use for my wife and kids in event of storm or intruder is good.

Yes there are many vault doors that are better, but for the price point and options it fit the bill.  Was also nice that I ordered thru home depot, it was delivered to my local store for free and they loaded it into my truck for me.

Hollar if you have other questions about door
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I went with these, which pre-date Gallowtech and most of the other competitors now.  The storage is denser and more flexible (due to the mount spacing layout), but is also more expensive, or at least was when I bought mine vs what Gallowtech later offered.

Old pic, and by carefully rearranging the hangers I've nearly doubled the capacity since:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#9]
look at wallcontrol.   Very affordable,  very flexible and strong
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I went with wall control. It really can’t be beat for the price and flexibility. The 1 7/8 slotted hook and the 3” U hook hang rifles perfect. I used metal reinforced black door edge guard to run along the hooks to protect the guns from the hooks. Worked perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Wallcontrol is definitely catching my attention.  Appreciate the replies and welcome any pictures or suggestions you might have.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Gallowtech sure is nice stuff. Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top