Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2013 9:35:25 AM EDT
Looking for ideas on how I can safely store a shotgun in my living room but still keep it ready for use. We have kids so it has to have some sort of lock but something I can open quickly
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Mount on the wall or mount under a piece of furniture with magnets would be the first things I can think of since I don't know what your family room looks like.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Many years ago there was a gun lock device that was a zip-tie with a metal ring on it. The zip tie was rated to break at 40 or 50 pounds, much more pressure than a toddler could exert. Is this still around?
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#4]
There is an electronic/manual backup locking device that mounts on the wall to hold shotgun upright.
You could also get a squad car mount and modify it to work off batteries and mount the gun where you choose.
Handy with a torch?  Cut out the back end of a pistol safe that your fingertips operate pushbuttons and modify it with an extension to fit shotgun.

If I had kids I'd consider finding one of the converted S&W revolvers that required a magnetic ring to for the action to function.
Don't know if it is still made.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one of these for my closet. It is not fully installed yet.  I will hide a button to use the 12v unlock feature.   Timers are available so that when you push the button there is a time delay that the lock remains available to remove the gun then automatically relocks again.  Mine uses a handcuff key as a backup.

Santa Cruz
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Tactical Walls with some sort of magnetic quick lock maybe?

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/365776800955447216_YdcxOK16_b.jpg

Thanks for the idea - perfect

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/365776800955447216_YdcxOK16_b.jpg

Do you have a link or website for those?

Google search just turned up a dead link and lots of references from other sites/boards.

Best I could find but it has a bigger picture. That website also has more cool ideas it seems

http://www.stashvault.com/secret-gun-compartment-storage-behind-mirror/secret-compartment-in-wall-gun-concealment-mirror/

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#10]
The link worked yesterday, not sure why it's down now, possibly because they were mentioned on FB and it got too much traffic?

I'm going to get or make one for my bedroom.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#11]
They just posted this on FB

TACTICAL WALLS FANS - Thank you for your support! We are experiencing a time of great growth and our site has been overwhelmed. We are taking this time to make some changes to make your site experience more awesome. We are still available for contact on any questions, comments, or purchasing products at [email protected] Please be patient and bear with us as we answer your emails and reconfigure our site. You can also reach us at 1.858.85WALLS. MANY, MANY THANKS!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#12]
if it was my house and not renting tactical walls would be tits. how ever I dont think the land lords want me ripping out parts of the wall.

has any one used the solo vault?
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Trigger lock, wear the key on your wrist with one of those spiral stretch rings.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 7:00:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I like the ShotLock for similar applications.  Uses a Simplex lock so quick to access and made of fairly heavy gauge steel.  The interior can be configured to the type of shotgun.  This is my "rabid critter" gun by the front door.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I like the ShotLock for similar applications.  Uses a Simplex lock so quick to access and made of fairly heavy gauge steel.  The interior can be configured to the type of shotgun.  This is my "rabid critter" gun by the front door.  
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/buroak/P1060749ShotLock1-30-2013.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/buroak/P1060750Shot-lock1-30-2013.jpg

Mossberg makes a similar device that works well.  Gun Vault makes a breech vault but I have not seen one to comment on it, don't think it attaches anywhere (wall) simply locks the action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top