Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2009 1:12:22 PM EDT
Instead of using a pad lock for each one, would using a heavy coated cable make sense for multiple cans?

Link Posted: 7/8/2009 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure, but a padlock for each one would be harder to cut! With a cable, once it's cut they all go. Both would be the best. Not too many thieves are going to have the balls to cut into an ammo container with an angle grinder.... I wouldn't.....

Link Posted: 7/8/2009 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sure, but a padlock for each one would be harder to cut! With a cable, once it's cut they all go. Both would be the best. Not too many thieves are going to have the balls to cut into an ammo container with an angle grinder.... I wouldn't.....

Even if they brought a cutting tool why not just carry off each individual can.  I guess my theory would be that they are cabled together so it would be near impossible to keep them together enough to quickly haul them out.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
How about run a cable through the locks.  Then they're all together and hard to carry out, and it'd be a pain to cut each lock open.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How about run a cable through the locks.  Then they're all together and hard to carry out, and it'd be a pain to cut each lock open.

That is exactly what i was thinking.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Instead of using a pad lock for each one, would using a heavy coated cable make sense for multiple cans?

http://img.geocaching.com/track/5de8a3cf-1927-4c1f-af9a-47cd1c615a48.jpg

Wouldn' this screw up the water tightness of the ammo can. I would be concerned with flooding and humidity more so than someone steeling my ammo. Living in the gulf coast, I have been flooded 3 times but have never been broken into. Just going with the odds.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is exactly what i was thinking.

sounds like the best bet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top