Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2021 10:42:25 PM EDT
What do I need to run the simplest setup for using a silencer?

I have a Wolfman so:

Direct thread adapter in proper pitch and a taper shoulder adapter?

Or will it index on the muzzle?

I know I can go tri lug with an adapter from ILWT. But I'd rather not really. Plus other options.

I'd just like as simple as possible I think.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What do I need to run the simplest setup for using a silencer?

I have a Wolfman so:

Direct thread adapter in proper pitch and a taper shoulder adapter?

Or will it index on the muzzle?

I know I can go tri lug with an adapter from ILWT. But I'd rather not really. Plus other options.

I'd just like as simple as possible I think.
View Quote

You shouldn’t need a taper adapter it should index on the muzzle.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Have it rethreaded to 1/2x28 and direct thread.  That's what I did.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

you can direct thread with a 13.5x1 LH, why rethread your barrel unless your suppressor manufacturer doesn't offer a factory 13.5x1LH?  which if they don't, I'd recommend buying a different suppressor for an MPX.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

you can direct thread with a 13.5x1 LH, why rethread your barrel unless your suppressor manufacturer doesn't offer a factory 13.5x1LH?  which if they don't, I'd recommend buying a different suppressor for an MPX.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wolfman didn't have a 13.5x1LH adapter so that's why I went with the option I did.  I don't regret it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My wolfman didn't have a 13.5x1LH adapter so that's why I went with the option I did.  I don't regret it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just seems more expensive with a longer wait and more steps than buying the $80 adapter
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
DA is just now getting around to the LH adapters (check the Silencer section).  It wasn't a long wait for me since I have someone locally that can cut and thread barrels and I was waiting on my Wolfman to get out of jail anyways.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Exactly what I did. Started as an 8" pistol, SBRed, had barrel cut and threaded to 4", 1/2 x 28.

Silencerco Octane 45
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I ended up just buying a replacement barrel from ILWT that was threaded 1/2x28 so that i could run the micro brake and keymicro on wolfman. Really like that combo
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#9]
All my 9mm stuff is threaded 13.5x1LH because they're better threads.

3-lug is the best, if you can get that on there. (This is assuming you have other stuff to 3-lug, and wish to leave at least one can with a 3-lug adapter installed.)
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm interested in this too. I just picked up my MPX from the Sig pro shop and my Wolfman is hopefully only a couple months out...

I grabbed a 13.5 LH direct thread from my LGS because they just happened to have one on the shelf, but I was curious if I'd need some sort of adapter to deal with the taper on the barrel?

Ideally I'd like to go micro brake + keymo if DA ever offers the brake in 13.5 LH....
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone know if an ASR can be run on a Wolfman? I see ASR flash hiders come in 13.5 LH.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone got their Wolfman MPX-K setup to shoot accurately????

Many seem to have accuracy problems with the MPX-K suppressed.  

I would hope that the M13.5x1LH direct mount would allow the Wolfman MPX-K combo to be accurate.

I’ve got a Wolfman in jail and I’m looking for a sub gun host.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#13]
My MPX shoots very well. Disclaimer I had mine rethreaded to 1/2*28 and direct thread my Wolfman.  I know some folks say the 3 lug really screws up the accuracy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm one of those guys with three lug woes on my MPX K.  I tried two different adaptors, one from HK parts, and one of the MPX specific ones from ILWT.  The gun shot 5"+ groups at 25 yards with both adaptors.  I had to spring for an ILWT barrel with the machined Tri lugs.  It's still not what I'd consider really acceptable, 2.5" or so at 25 yards.

Some people say they don't have any problems, and they shoot great with a can right out of the box, but Ive seen way too many threads on various sites of people with poor accuracy.

I really don't have any desire to run direct thread on a PCC, so I don't really shoot it much.  If I hadn't form 1'd it, I probably would have sold it during the panic.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I got a 3 lug mount and adapter for my MPX/Wolfman.  It is awesome!
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 3:06:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Has anyone got their Wolfman MPX-K setup to shoot accurately????

Many seem to have accuracy problems with the MPX-K suppressed.  

I would hope that the M13.5x1LH direct mount would allow the Wolfman MPX-K combo to be accurate.

I’ve got a Wolfman in jail and I’m looking for a sub gun host.
View Quote

I have an 8 inch and a 4.5 inch MPX with In Lead We Trust barrels.

I didn't waste my time with the factory barrels and instead simply went ILWT.  Both of my guns are tack drivers at 25 and will hit reduced sized TA target C zone steel without issue at 100 yards.

I am extremely pleased.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm one of those guys with three lug woes on my MPX K.  I tried two different adaptors, one from HK parts, and one of the MPX specific ones from ILWT.  The gun shot 5"+ groups at 25 yards with both adaptors.  I had to spring for an ILWT barrel with the machined Tri lugs.  It's still not what I'd consider really acceptable, 2.5" or so at 25 yards.

Some people say they don't have any problems, and they shoot great with a can right out of the box, but Ive seen way too many threads on various sites of people with poor accuracy.

I really don't have any desire to run direct thread on a PCC, so I don't really shoot it much.  If I hadn't form 1'd it, I probably would have sold it during the panic.
View Quote

Lots of issues with Tri-lug by design. By its design it inherently causes groups to open up. How large or small depends on the mount interface with the adapter, but they all have wiggle room built in. Another problem is that if you don’t index each lug in the same corresponding socket each and every time your POI will shift between 3 different groups. Each socket and each lug being infinitesimally different in dimension.

I love QD mounts but tri-lug is dated. I just direct thread everything in pistol calibers for that reason. Though as soon as I see 13.5x1 LH keymo mounts. I’ll probably change that up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top