Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2019 9:32:53 PM EDT
The scorpion has aftermarket mags.
Is it because the MPX hasn't sold as many?  
I mean, the Scorpion mags weren't all that expensive, but two companies STILL raced to get mags out for that.

It seems like if they can make a scorpion mag, it can't be that hard. And whoever makes a reliable $35 MPX mag can print their own money.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Magpul has been silent on it but who knows what is going on in there. They were silent before coming out with the Scorpion mags and HK furniture.

ETS issued a statement that they don't wish to make mags for it, as the Lancer MPX mags are already "good enough" and that there is nothing else for them to improve upon. They also went on to state that making mags cheaper to undercut Sig would be a lose battle for them as they feel Sig would just lower the price to compete and still edge them out.

Honestly, it sounds like a poor excuse from them as they make Glock magazines which most of the industry argues the OEM is best on as is.

At this point, our only hope really is that the wheels behind Magpul are slowly turning and that we will see some MPX mags next year.

Would be nice if the MPX mags were at least 25-30 tops but such is life.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 4:21:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I think since the lancer mags are already great as is. I think any aftermarket company who tries to make any would have to either improve (dunno how) or a lower price point. But I don’t think the lower price point would spur sales. So maybe that’s why?
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
We know Lancer is raping us on these.
I mean, even if they charged $40, they'd be making tons of profit.

Please PM me or post if anyone has a line on MEMORIAL DAY sales for these.
** I have a friend who got 3 with his MPX (special TALO edition maybe), so I THOUGHT I was getting 3, and figured I'd buy 3-4 more.  But I only got one, which for a gun costing $1800 is a slap in the face.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#4]
My guess is that it is due to volume of sales between the two guns.  I would also guess that the Scorpion has outsold the Sig MPX by at LEAST 10 to 1.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My guess is that it is due to volume of sales between the two guns.  I would also guess that the Scorpion has outsold the Sig MPX by at LEAST 10 to 1.
View Quote
What makes you think that?

In my area, hardly anyone knows what a scorpion is unless they are avid gun enthusiasts. Most gun stores sell and stock Sig, I never see CZ products in displays.

The only place I've seen a scorpion locally was Midwest Industries when I bought my Sig Rattler.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Where the hell are these people paying “$1800” for a sig mpx ? I got my gen2 roughly after the gen2 was released for like $1250 out the door thru a home based dealer but he was moving some decent amount of firearms overall.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

In my area, hardly anyone knows what a scorpion is unless they are avid gun enthusiasts. Most gun stores sell and stock Sig, I never see CZ products in displays.

The only place I've seen a scorpion locally was Midwest Industries when I bought my Sig Rattler.
View Quote
The high price of the Sig compared to the Scorpion, plus the Gen 1/Gen 2 debacle, probably shifted a lot of sales over to the Scorpion, regardless if they are in the shelves in your area or not.  I don’t know if it’s as much as 10 to 1, but I’m sure there are a lot more Scorpions in people’s hands than MPXs.

Sven made a good point about the Gen 1/Gen 2 MPX debacle and constantly monkeying with the design, who’s going to risk making a mag that might no longer work if Sig changes the design again.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 7:22:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The high price of the Sig compared to the Scorpion, plus the Gen 1/Gen 2 debacle, probably shifted a lot of sales over to the Scorpion, regardless if they are in the shelves in your area or not.  I don’t know if it’s as much as 10 to 1, but I’m sure there are a lot more Scorpions in people’s hands than MPXs.

Sven made a good point about the Gen 1/Gen 2 MPX debacle and constantly monkeying with the design, who’s going to risk making a mag that might no longer work if Sig changes the design again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that’s a bs straw man argument. Gen 2 mags have been around for 4 years. Gen 1 guns were manufactured for less than a year.

We’re technically in a gen 3 gun with the new PCC. New recoil system if I read correctly, but still using the G2 mags.

Gen 1-3 all run on the 4 year old gen 2 mag design.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I work for one of the larger firearm distributors.  I can assure you that the CZ Scorpion outsells the MPX by a huge margin.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#11]
45 Sig dealers within a 100 miles radius of my house.

Only 2 CZ dealers in all of Wisconsin and those are both past 100 miles away from Milwaukee area (it appears MI isn't even a dealer).

Maybe an individual store does well but no way I'll believe Scorpion outsells MPX, the number of stores selling Sig is just too high.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Only 2 CZ dealers in all of Wisconsin and those are both past 100 miles away from Milwaukee area (it appears MI isn't even a dealer).

Maybe an individual store does well but no way I'll believe Scorpion outsells MPX, the number of stores selling Sig is just too high.
View Quote
The price difference should be a clue.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The cz outsells the sig, but I can’t imagine 10 to 1. In our limited experience, the cz largely sold to those who made the choice on price. I mean, the cz is sold at academy... that should tell you everything you need to know
View Quote
Never heard of Academy but do they sell Sig?
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I see Scorpions all over FL, and the cheaper price makes them much more popular down here it seems. Only the rich get MPXs, and some of them choose B&Ts instead (though I actually prefer the MPX due to the lack of recoil--blowback guns with a giant 5lb bolt drive me nuts).  
--

Yeah.  The older MPX's go for $1250ish, but I'm not sure how many are left--the "new" mlok come standard with a Timney trigger.  I think they'll eventually settle around $1400-$1500 new, but at the moment I haven't seen one cheaper than $1750.  
--

That stinks that SIGs practice of "rolling design changes" scared good people like MANTICORE away.  I don't blame them.  Likewise, SHIELD ARMS was making a "long slide" for the 365, and now the 365XL has been announced, and I feel bad for them (not sure who will pay $399 for a slide when they can get a gun for $549).

SIG should announce that the mags will not change, so that others can get in on the action and give LANCER some competition.  Having a monopoly is making them so much money (especially with all the people who got Gen1s for like $14.99).

I'd LOVE for Prepper Gun Shop and Manticore to make a PGS hybrid 32rd MPX mag.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I see Scorpions all over FL, and the cheaper price makes them much more popular down here it seems. Only the rich get MPXs, and some of them choose B&Ts instead (though I actually prefer the MPX due to the lack of recoil--blowback guns with a giant 5lb bolt drive me nuts).  
--

Yeah.  The older MPX's go for $1250ish, but I'm not sure how many are left--the "new" mlok come standard with a Timney trigger.  I think they'll eventually settle around $1400-$1500 new, but at the moment I haven't seen one cheaper than $1750.  
--

That stinks that SIGs practice of "rolling design changes" scared good people like MANTICORE away.  I don't blame them.  Likewise, SHIELD ARMS was making a "long slide" for the 365, and now the 365XL has been announced, and I feel bad for them (not sure who will pay $399 for a slide when they can get a gun for $549).

SIG should announce that the mags will not change, so that others can get in on the action and give LANCER some competition.  Having a monopoly is making them so much money (especially with all the people who got Gen1s for like $14.99).

I'd LOVE for Prepper Gun Shop and Manticore to make a PGS hybrid 32rd MPX mag.
View Quote
Sig always planned on the XL IMO because when the original P365 twelve round mags first hit the shelves the first thing I noticed was how much longer the molded plastic insert was compared to the mag itself. It was clear they had a plan. I'm more surprised shield arms was able to make those slides without getting sued.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Any FFL can get any Sig or any CZ through a distributor.  Fewer and fewer gun shops buy anything direct.  I work for a distributor that carries CZ and Sig.  I can assure you that the Scorpion outsells the MPX by a large margin.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Any FFL can get any Sig or any CZ through a distributor.  Fewer and fewer gun shops buy anything direct.  I work for a distributor that carries CZ and Sig.  I can assure you that the Scorpion outsells the MPX by a large margin.
View Quote
The only people that even know about CZ are the 10,000 guys on this forum that are also the same 10,000 guys on every other gun forum.

Joe Fudd walks in the gun store sees the MPX in the glass case and says cool I want it, never knowing the CZ exists.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#19]
It sort of already is one since Lancer is making them. No military contracts certainly doesn't help competition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top